OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2016-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So Ernie. He paid a first to bolster the bench and shed salary... and the salary he just shed was a bad signing this offseason to bolster the bench. So if he'd literally done nothing this offseason except hire Brooks the talent on the roster would be the same, the cap picture would be better, and he'd still have his 1st round pick.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
So Ernie. He paid a first to bolster the bench and shed salary... and the salary he just shed was a bad signing this offseason to bolster the bench. So if he'd literally done nothing this offseason except hire Brooks the talent on the roster would be the same, the cap picture would be better, and he'd still have his 1st round pick.

I think we've established that Ernie is a bad GM.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Big, big win to snap out of the post-break funk. Hate that it got that close after a 19 point lead, but Golden State is the best team in the league, so can't be too upset with the result.

Slateman

Feb 2, 2016
I think we see both him and Joe Nathan get some time this season

Blanton ... yes. Quality reliever. Will be similar to Kelley (I hope). If both stay healthy, we have our 7th and 8th inning guys.

Nathan .... he's going to have to show a lot more. His pitches don't have life. No strikeouts in two innings, but 3 hits and a walk. It's early, but I'd need a lot more for him to make the team. Even if he does, it's simply as middle relief. This team has plenty of MR arms.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Bojan is on fire tonight. Also the Wiz signed Brandon Jennings and Trey Burke didn't make the trip to Toronto, so read into that what you will. All starters have solid backups now and there are multiple scoring threats off the bench. Have to hand it to Ernie, he didn't make it easy but this team doesn't have a lot of holes right now.

Also, Jason Smith needs more minutes. He's the best mid-range jump shooter on this team.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Missed Gortat getting the facial but I watched most of the game and the Wiz look good. Excellent passing all game and Bogdanovich fits in like he has been in the team all year.

Very encouraging.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Wiz are ripping it up again. I have a feeling that Toronto wants nothing to do with us in the playoffs...

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
navy plays bucknell today at 2pm on cbssports in the patriot league semifinal. win vs them and head to championship. first time in this position since 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad