OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2016-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
They're a better team right now without Wall however there's a big caveat there because Wall hasn't been healthy all year. It'll be interesting to see how they look when he comes back and is (allegedly) fully healthy. One thing I do know is Sato needs more minutes even when Wall is back. He is developing extremely nicely and could be a really important contributor down the road.

Also, no thanks to trading Oubre or Porter for a rental... unless it's LeBron. Mahinmi would have to go as well to get that garbage contract off the books, though in fairness he's played better the past few games.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
They're a better team right now without Wall however there's a big caveat there because Wall hasn't been healthy all year. It'll be interesting to see how they look when he comes back and is (allegedly) fully healthy. One thing I do know is Sato needs more minutes even when Wall is back. He is developing extremely nicely and could be a really important contributor down the road.

Also, no thanks to trading Oubre or Porter for a rental... unless it's LeBron. Mahinmi would have to go as well to get that garbage contract off the books, though in fairness he's played better the past few games.

his 16m a year is a killer. I'm game for the rest of the guys going out. I'd see if we can do a 1st, Frazier, and Mahimni for Jordan. Prob not, but I'd at least push it. If it has to be Gortat instead of Mahimni, I'd prob do that too.

Frazier is a good player. he has value, and the Clips are not exactly in a good place for PG's. I agree that Santo deserves a lot more minutes, no matter who is healthy.

Does make you wonder about all the smoke around players not liking Wall and how he handles himself. Its a really good reality check that the team is flourishing -- without him -- in ways not predicted. Santo has been awesome.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wall shocked some say Wiz better without him

Wall also said if teammates have concerns with his style of play, they should come to him.

"I just think if you have a problem with anyone as a man and the principles I stand on, you talk face to face," he told The Jump. "They have my number, they can see me in person. If we have any discomforts we can talk."

On Saturday, All-Star Bradley Beal called it "comical" to hear people say the Wizards are better without Wall. Two nights earlier, Beal raised eyebrows after a 122-119 win against the Raptors by saying "everybody eats" when the Wizards pass the ball.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
LOL so 3 of the starting 5 appear to be hating publicly on each other in some way. WAT DO???

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The Bullets will do something, IMO. Just not sure if large or small. With all the recent drama, I could easily see Gortat sent out. Him and someone for Jordan. Long as the "someone" isnt Oubre, I'm good with it.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
It is way, way easier to make deals in the NBA than in the NHL.

Trades happen all the time in the NHL. Look we have plenty of assets and a division leading team. Either make moves or stand pat. Both are acceptable options but it’s not up to us. The organizational brass has to sink or swim here. If they stand pat and we flop again I think heads should roll. We’ve largely played it safe with our core assets and something’s gotta give. Either coach these guys up better and get out of the early phase of the playoffs or recognize that this is a spoiled group and retool. If the current leadership swings and misses they should pay for it with their jobs. It’s as simple as that. We absolutely cannot stand idly by where the final third of the Ovechkin era is concerned.

Burakovsky is on notice? Let me be the first to say, “Well, Barry. You’re on notice too. If you flub this four year window you’re toast.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad