Value of: Nathan Mackinnon (THN says he's no longer untouchable)

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
The whole "he isn't going to be cheap" part is interesting. Another notion on this board. Remember HFboards is where people projected Nate MacKinnon as being better than Crosby by now and that is now laughable at best. Still though, putting up 51pts isn't terrible at all. From the Pens (and of course there would be interest as a Pens fan considering his style of game, his ties to Crosby, etc), I'd think the Maatta + 1st and maybe someone like Wilson would be more than enough, but of course, making that claim here would freak people out with "Not enough!!!"...when it'd probably be.

It could be worse, the Avs could be stuck with the likes of a Sam Bennett or Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

I literally can't tell if this is a real post or not. A late first and Olli Freaking Maatta for Nathan Mackinnon?!

Maatta and a first didn't even begin things for Duchene.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Mac is one kid I would pony up something around Parayko++. But it would be stupid for Avs to get rid of him. He is only 21, still gonna be a great player.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Speaking only for the Canes if I were GM, you wouldn't get half of what I offered above for Mac for either Duchene or Landeskog from the Canes. It's Mac or no thanks from us. Mac has shown resilience and talent in spite of this horrible season. Landy has shown steady decline like the previous years and Duchene has shown that he doesn't have the mental fortitude to be "the man" on a team by all but disappearing when the season got bad.

So YOU may be willing to do those trades with the other two forwards, but I doubt any other GMs are willing, which is why you probably still have them.

"It's mac or no thanks." Well no one's actually wanting to part ways with Mac in col, they want to keep him. In order to get something like that from someone, you need to start motivate them. So I guess it's overpay or no thanks.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
"It's mac or no thanks." Well no one's actually wanting to part ways with Mac in col, they want to keep him. In order to get something like that from someone, you need to start motivate them. So I guess it's overpay or no thanks.

You gotta think its Colorado its the passengers seat on any deal, the team in the midst of one of the worst seasons in modern history. GMs know either Colorado takes a lowball offer to change the team up, or go into next season with same core and write off the year

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'd offer Arizona's 2017 1st (before he lottery is even drawn), Minnesota's 2017 1st, and Arizona's 2017 2nd.

That's a top five pick, a late first, and the second pick of the second round.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I'd offer Arizona's 2017 1st (before he lottery is even drawn), Minnesota's 2017 1st, and Arizona's 2017 2nd.

That's a top five pick, a late first, and the second pick of the second round.

If it was another draft year like the last few years I'd say that's fair value. Not this year though.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If it was another draft year like the last few years I'd say that's fair value. Not this year though.

That likely would mean Colorado gets one of Patrick or Hischier AND whichever defenseman is first on their list. Not saying the offer should blow them away or anything but it's a bit unique to end up with two top five picks.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Good old fashioned hockey trade? An established, mid 20's, top pairing defencemen as Colorado has been reportedly seeking since TDL day. Think Hampus Lindholm as baseline.

If it's a blue chip prospect defencemen than a really good young roster player is going to have to be moved too. Think Mikhail Sergachev and Alex Galchenyuk as a baseline.

Perhaps Seth Jones. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes