Proposal: MTL-SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
If anything the sharks will be looking to trade up for one of the D, not back.
10th OV

for 14th + SJ 2nd

AND

draft-day.gif

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
so trade back for two of 3rd D , a okay defenseman prospect, and a Small winger that SJ hates.

I don't think that Quantity equals the player they can get at 14th like Senneke, Nygard, Chernyshov, and Jiricek.
I don’t think it’s a bad offer. Both Harris and Barron had a higher points per game than any of SJ D - they’d slot into the top 4 there immediately. They’re both younger than any of SJ’s D as well. And they both still have top-4 upside. It just isn’t going to be in MTL. I’d say that’s pretty good for having to move back ~10 spots, especially for a team that needs NHL ready young D probably more than any team in the league.

• Haha
Reactions: TBF1972

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
10th OV

for 14th + SJ 2nd

AND

draft-day.gif
that's a trade back scenario, which i thought about before. but more of a draft day move. if buium or dickinson are available the devils should ask for the sjs 2nd or make the pick. if it is parekh or yakemchuk with mulitple forwards we like available i would do it for our 2nd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xirik

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
that's a trade back scenario, which i thought about before. but more of a draft day move. if buium or dickinson are available the devils should ask for the sjs 2nd or make the pick. if it is parekh or yakemchuk with mulitple forwards we like available i would do it.
The Argument between Fitz and Grier would be the Sharks 2nd round pick or the Devils 2nd round pick they have. Whatever it ended with it would be cool to be the fly on the wall in that convo.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I don’t think it’s a bad offer. Both Harris and Barron had a higher points per game than any of SJ D - they’d slot into the top 4 there immediately. They’re both younger than any of SJ’s D as well. And they both still have top-4 upside. It just isn’t going to be in MTL. I’d say that’s pretty good for having to move back ~10 spots, especially for a team that needs NHL ready young D probably more than any team in the league.
harris is an 8 dman in montreal. he is a tweener
rhd barron was sent back to the ahl to avoid him in the line up and got replaced by lhd's

mukhamadullin is a better prospect than whatever you have offered.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
No, but fortunately both Harris and Barron are younger than any of the Sharks D as well.

Counter counter-offer: 5th overall for Smith.
Counter-counter counter-offer: Reinbacher for 14th + 42nd overall. Or 14th overall + Bordeleau + Gushchin for 5th overall.

OP is disgusting. I see a lot of this sentiment and I’d like to formally shut it down. Sharks are not interested in trading down from 14 to 27. Find some other sucker. I don’t care if Harris or Barron or whoever would play in the Sharks top-4 now. I want legit top-4 defensemen, not more #7’s forced into top-4 roles.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
No, but fortunately both Harris and Barron are younger than any of the Sharks D as well.

Counter counter-offer: 5th overall for Smith.
Thrun and Mukhamadullin exist and Cagnoni just broke a WHL record

If Barron and Harris had 2nd pairing D upside Habs wouldn't trade them

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
harris is an 8 dman in montreal. he is a tweener
rhd barron was sent back to the ahl to avoid him in the line up and got replaced by lhd's

mukhamadullin is a better prospect than whatever you have offered.
Bullshit. Harris averaged 17:28 per game, and Barron 18:38. They’d both slot into the top-4 in SJ immediately. As for Muk, he played 3 games. I didn’t include him as part of the Sharks regular D last season. Besides, that doesn’t change much.

• Haha
Reactions: OTB and Grinner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad