Value of: Nathan Mackinnon (THN says he's no longer untouchable)

tylerjohnson2626

Jun 6, 2016
Victoria, BC
Jim Matheson was referenced in the THN's Rumour Roundup that Mackinnon is no longer considered untouchable, or they'll at least listen to offers. Mainly due to the subpar seasons Landeskog and Duchene are having.

I'd be curious to see what you think your team would have to give up to get him.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
No one can be untouchable after that kind of a season. He isn't going to be cheap, but if they decide to shake things up, I don't think there's anyone other than Rantanen who is untouchable.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
So the subpar seasons of Landeskog and Duchene make it so MacKinnon is no longer untouchable? Not buying it, if anything I'd say that makes MacKinnon more valuable to the Avs...

Regardless, if he is available, I'd bet it's for a very steep price

ADDED: Sakic has been very clear in saying that MacKinnon, Rantanen, Jost and Zadorov are the only ones he's not willing to trade

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
That doesn't make any sense. MacKinnon seems to be the only guy on the ice who HASNT given up this season. We need more of those guys. Not less.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Good old fashioned hockey trade? An established, mid 20's, top pairing defencemen as Colorado has been reportedly seeking since TDL day. Think Hampus Lindholm as baseline.

If it's a blue chip prospect defencemen than a really good young roster player is going to have to be moved too. Think Mikhail Sergachev and Alex Galchenyuk as a baseline.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm sure if Nate had his choice to play anywhere, it'd be with his idol/hero/close friend Crosby.

Get that **** sorted on this fake rumor, JR.

spot

Aug 26, 2007
Good old fashioned hockey trade? An established, mid 20's, top pairing defencemen as Colorado has been reportedly seeking since TDL day. Think Hampus Lindholm as baseline.

If it's a blue chip prospect defencemen than a really good young roster player is going to have to be moved too. Think Mikhail Sergachev and Alex Galchenyuk as a baseline.

Pretty bang on with both proposals IMO.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Canucks offer this years 1st pick unprotected lottery pick, plus one of our high end D prospects.

im not down with trading high end draft picks, but if its Nathan Mackinnon coming back, make it happen JB.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
No one can be untouchable after that kind of a season. He isn't going to be cheap, but if they decide to shake things up, I don't think there's anyone other than Rantanen who is untouchable.

The whole "he isn't going to be cheap" part is interesting. Another notion on this board. Remember HFboards is where people projected Nate MacKinnon as being better than Crosby by now and that is now laughable at best. Still though, putting up 51pts isn't terrible at all. From the Pens (and of course there would be interest as a Pens fan considering his style of game, his ties to Crosby, etc), I'd think the Maatta + 1st and maybe someone like Wilson would be more than enough, but of course, making that claim here would freak people out with "Not enough!!!"...when it'd probably be.

It could be worse, the Avs could be stuck with the likes of a Sam Bennett or Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
How about Hanifin, Nic Roy or Victor Rask, 2017 1st Round Pick?

Is Ron Francis trying to get fired for making the most lop sided trade in Carolina Hurricanes Franchise History?

Because that's how you get fired and laughed out of the league.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
The whole "he isn't going to be cheap" part is interesting. Another notion on this board. Remember HFboards is where people projected Nate MacKinnon as being better than Crosby by now and that is now laughable at best. Still though, putting up 51pts isn't terrible at all. From the Pens (and of course there would be interest as a Pens fan considering his style of game, his ties to Crosby, etc), I'd think the Maatta + 1st and maybe someone like Wilson would be more than enough, but of course, making that claim here would freak people out with "Not enough!!!"...when it'd probably be.

It could be worse, the Avs could be stuck with the likes of a Sam Bennett or Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
A late first and an injury prone second pairing defencemen (at best) isnt enough for Mackinnon. He probably has more value than Malkin.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Honestly, as an Avs fan a small part of me wouldn't hate seeing Nate traded just so that he could rip it up and realize his full potential.

But it won't happen, and let's hope they sort out this organizational mess sooner than later.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Not close to enough, much less more than enough.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

So MacK is worth nothing more or less. Avs would want to do a 1 for 1 if they trade him, no packages if we not talk som real bluechips here.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
as if Nic Roy and Victor Rask have the same value.

They play the same position, they have the same limitations (mobility) and I think the same ceiling as a player 2/3 center. One is a lot closer to the ceiling now, but is four years older and not on an ELC for the next three years while the other is younger and cheaper, but has more upside risk. Depending on what the Avs plans are, one may be better to them than the other. As far as Carolina goes, if we are getting Mac, we don't need both of them as I don't think either translates well to the wing and we are loaded at centers with 2nd/3rd line capabilities. So, I offered them their choice.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
we are loaded at centers with 2nd/3rd line capabilities.
Wallmark, Roy and Kuokkonen is not exactly something that we scream loaded at center position. Not even sure that Wallmark and Kuokkonen will be centers in NHL. Saarela and Potularski are better suited for wing.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

If you actually think Olli Maatta + late 1st gets you Nathan MacKinnon then I question either your knowledge, your sanity, or both.

The Avs would undoubtedly get MUCH better offers from other teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad