Value of: Nathan Mackinnon (THN says he's no longer untouchable)

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hes had multiple years at 50 points. I dont see any improvement.

Nylander played on the 4th line for a decent amount of time and still outscored Mackinnon

His teams have gotten worse and worse, and again, he's younger than Brown, who most Leafs fans continue to project improvement from, he also has 10x the skill.

Nylander played the majority of his year on Matthews wing and on Kadri's wing.

I suppose Rielly has reached his offensive ceiling.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Yeah, you're right.

Morgan Rielly has had multiple years at 20 points. I don't see any improvement. He's clearly a 20 point defensemen moving forward long term.

Grigorenko + 2nd for Rielly?

You measure a defenseman's effectiveness by how many points they put up?

No wonder you guys are last.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Mackinnon for Nurse + Puljujarvi. Although I'd be worried about that trade kick-starting the Avs the same way Larsson kick-started the Oilers.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Mackinnon for Nurse + Puljujarvi. Although I'd be worried about that trade kick-starting the Avs the same way Larsson kick-started the Oilers.

futurama-fry-cant-tell-if-serious-or-trolling.jpg

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I've lost all touch of reality but after the expansion draft

Puljujarvi
Nurse
Jones
2017 1st
2018 1st
2019 1st
Pouliot camp dump
Fayne camp dump

MacKinnon
Landeskog
Barrie

Gallagher

Eberle

It's a lot of futures and means Edmonton is all in

Maroon McDavid Draisaitl
Landeskog RNH MacKinnon
Lucic Deshairnis Gallagher
Slepy Letestu Kassian

Last edited:

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008

Puljujarvi
Nurse
Jones
2017 1st
2018 1st
2019 1st
Pouliot camp dump
Fayne camp dump

MacKinnon
Landeskog
Barrie

Maroon McDavid Draisaitl
Lucic MacKinnon RNH

Leftover unwanted players and picks in 25-31. Sounds awesome for the Avs! :help:

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Leftover unwanted players and picks in 25-31. Sounds awesome for the Avs! :help:

The picks are late but Puljujarvi Nurse and Jones aren't leftovers

Barrie = 2017 1st + Jones
MacKinnon > Puljujarvi + Nurse
Landeskog < 2018 1st + 2019 1st + camp dump

It might not be bang on but it's hardly enreasonable

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I mean if Lou went crazy and offered up Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Zaitsev for McDavid, Edmonton would take the deal in a second.

Obviously that's not going to happen. I'm just saying nobody should ever be considered "Untouchable". Especially a good, not great, player like Mack.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015

Puljujarvi
Nurse
Jones
2017 1st
2018 1st
2019 1st
Pouliot camp dump
Fayne camp dump

MacKinnon
Landeskog
Barrie

Couldn't have said it any better.

What?

I'm just saying nobody should ever be considered "Untouchable". Especially a good, not great, player like Mack.

Exactly. I can understand if a bonafide superstar like Crosby is "untouchable", not Mack.

Last edited:

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa

Puljujarvi
Nurse
Jones
2017 1st
2018 1st
2019 1st
Pouliot camp dump
Fayne camp dump

MacKinnon
Landeskog
Barrie

Gallagher

Eberle

Maroon McDavid Draisaitl
Landeskog RNH MacKinnon
Slepy Letestu Kassian
I never understand the mentality of taking a loser team's best players and assuming they'll be better on your team. Yes, even if you surround them with better players, a shiny penny with some sexy quarters around it is still an ugly penny no matter how much you try to spruce it up.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I never understand the mentality of taking a loser team's best players and assuming they'll be better on your team. Yes, even if you surround them with better players, a shiny penny with some sexy quarters around it is still an ugly penny no matter how much you try to spruce it up.

Are you just trying to troll Avs fans at this point? Based on some of your other posts, it kind of seems like you are.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Larkin is another story. Who knows how to value that guy?

Sometimes hype, and rookie seasons dont match a career.
There are many players who never match their rookie season totals.
...look at Nyquist for example, after his rookie season he was the next superstar, then it was Larkin
Doesnt look good for Nyquist to rebound, but hopefully Larkin does.
I cant explain how Mackinnon has been as disappointing as he has been, he should have been a top 10 C in the league by now.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
The picks are late but Puljujarvi Nurse and Jones aren't leftovers

Barrie = 2017 1st + Jones
MacKinnon > Puljujarvi + Nurse

It might not be bang on but it's hardly enreasonable

If the 1st's are in the top 5 then maybe you have an argument, but bottom 1st round picks are pretty garbage for two borderline star players and one definitive star player.

Puljujarvi, Nurse, and Jones are the definition of leftovers for Oilers fans. They are fine players, but outside of RNH and Eberle (both for contract reasons) they are the only players you are willing to trade. Reality is youre going after teams best players without offering any of your own (McDavid, Draisatil, Klefbom, or Larsson). I'm not saying they should be available, but thats what we as other teams see when you throw your "leftover" players at us for our best.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Are you just trying to troll Avs fans at this point? Based on some of your other posts, it kind of seems like you are.
Just because I have a low opinion of the players on Colorado's chopping block doesn't mean I'm trolling them. It means I have a low opinion of them. Is that difficult to fathom? Or just easier to convince yourself that I have a vendetta against them and have to waste every minute of my life **** talking their best players?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I know Avs fans don't want anything to do with it but I'd offer Murray + PLD + 2017 1st to open talks.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada

Puljujarvi
Nurse
Jones
2017 1st
2018 1st
2019 1st
Pouliot camp dump
Fayne camp dump

MacKinnon
Landeskog
Barrie

Gallagher

Eberle

Maroon McDavid Draisaitl
Landeskog RNH MacKinnon
Slepy Letestu Kassian

Montreal would not trade Gallagher for Eberle.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I mean if Lou went crazy and offered up Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Zaitsev for McDavid, Edmonton would take the deal in a second.

Obviously that's not going to happen. I'm just saying nobody should ever be considered "Untouchable". Especially a good, not great, player like Mack.

OK. Boil down that status that players like McDavid and MacKinnon have into a single, easily understood adjective. And let us know what you can come up with so we can stop abusing "untouchable". Until then, folks will continue to use "untouchable" in the metaphorical and practical sense rather than the strictly literal sense.

* * *​
For MacKinnon?

Not a chance. If you want MacKinnon, either Jones or Werenski have to be involved in the conversation.

Exactly. Which is why said talks wouldn't get anywhere. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad