Nathan MacKinnon-Hart Trophy Watch

Will MacKinnon win the Hart trophy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
McDavid was really valuable to his team, could argue most valuable, how can you not. He passes both eye test and metric test. He blew everyone away on EV points this year and how can anyone that watch the Oilers think “he’s not valuable”? Oilers roster is crap, they would be ranked near 31st without him.

I think MacKinnon is the front runner for Hart, with Hall 2nd. However, if Avs lost the final game and don’t make the playoffs, I think Hall is the winner. Which makes no sense, I find the playoff argument for voting who wins the MVP is stupid in every sport. McDavid is getting the Mike Trout treatment, getting penalized because his GM and coach are terrible.
Once again, his team on paper isn't worse than the Avs roster. I could actually make a argument that the Avs roster on paper is less talented and is much less experienced.

The fact is McDavid isn't exactly surrounded by trash. He's got Draisaitl, RNH, Strome, Lucic, Maroon (for most of the year), Larsson, Klefboom, Puljujarvi etc. that's a pretty equivalent cast to what MacKinnon has, yet MacKinnon was able to get his bunch to the playoffs and McDavid's crew checked out in February.

No one is denying that McDavid is an elite player, he just wasn't the MVP this year and that's why there are two different awards. One for the best individual player which McDavid deserves, and one for the guy who is the most valuable player to his teams success which either MacK or Hall deserves this season.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Once again, his team on paper isn't worse than the Avs roster. I could actually make a argument that the Avs roster on paper is less talented and is much less experienced.

The fact is McDavid isn't exactly surrounded by trash. He's got Draisaitl, RNH, Strome, Lucic, Maroon (for most of the year), Larsson, Klefboom, Puljujarvi etc. that's a pretty equivalent cast to what MacKinnon has, yet MacKinnon was able to get his bunch to the playoffs and McDavid's crew checked out in February.

No one is denying that McDavid is an elite player, he just wasn't the MVP this year and that's why there are two different awards. One for the best individual player which McDavid deserves, and one for the guy who is the most valuable player to his teams success which either MacK or Hall deserves this season.
Who cares about team on paper, the Oilers team/players/coaches sucked on the ice this year. I'm supposed to be impressed by Strome, Poolparty, and Lucic? Lucic had 1 goal in the last 46 games. If you want to compare the supporting cast, be my guest, but let's not act like Lucic is some good player.

But anyways, this is MacKinnon's thread. Don't want to hijack it even more, hope he wins it.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Almost time. Hall is a slight favourite to win the Hart on the site I usually use.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
I am probably super bias but I really think Mackinnon deserves it over Hall, who expected avalanche to be a playoff team? If he hadn’t of missed his 5 or 6 games he would be taking the Lindsay & the harr

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'm fully ready for the media to justify a statistically worse season as the winner because "he had less support (and we follow the Seaboard closer)". If less support tops more of most other things, then why isn't McDavid running away with this?

Reactions: McMetal

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Seriously the NHL needs to shell out some more cash for actual comedy writers like every successful awards show, this is just brutal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad