Prospect Info: 17OA: Axel Sandin Pellikka

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
And the NHL doesn't have ads plastered over the entire jersey, pants, helmets and ice.

It is a real complaint though. I don't want the nice looking jerseys to have dumb ads on them. Saying you can't see them is also not true as there are plenty of close up shots and they looks bad in all shots. There is more than enough ads already in this world.
The current ad doesn't affect the ability to watch the broadcast. You will never convince me otherwise. It's a tiny white spec you can't even see from the broadcast angle.

If it affects your ability to watch hockey it's on your own personal feelings and projected anger. I get not liking the ad, I don't like the ad, that's not what I'm saying.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
What the hell is this thread
giphy.gif

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
And the NHL doesn't have ads plastered over the entire jersey, pants, helmets and ice.
They're not ads. They're sponsorships since Swedish teams don't have billionaire owners but are 51% owned by the fans, making the teams impossible to move

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Sooooo, last time I checked the stats of their games vs Rogle, I didn’t see his name in the box score. Has he not been playing?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Have to say I prefer commercial breaks over ads all over they uniforms.
Yea that's great and everything until you realize you watch more than 45 mins of commercials per game.

You're conditioned to watch 10 mins of commercials every 30 mins of TV. Sitcoms are 20 mins long in 30 min time slots. Slurping up that corporate seed.

I'm done, asp is cool.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Yea that's great and everything until you realize you watch more than 45 mins of commercials per game.

You're conditioned to watch 10 mins of commercials every 30 mins of TV. Sitcoms are 20 mins long in 30 min time slots. Slurping up that corporate seed.

I'm done, asp is cool.
I don't watch 45 mins of commercials per game. I watch the games on my computer, and I know how to alt-tab.

Reactions: Konnan511

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I don't watch 45 mins of commercials per game. I watch the games on my computer, and I know how to alt-tab.
So you're saying the breaks that wouldn't exist still happen and you have to find something else to fill the void. Got it.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
So you're saying the breaks that wouldn't exist still happen and you have to find something else to fill the void. Got it.
I am saying I don't watch the commercials. They are not for me anyway. I am usually in the GDT during games, and those breaks give me time to follow those threads.

It is not a big deal to me.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
They're not ads. They're sponsorships since Swedish teams don't have billionaire owners but are 51% owned by the fans, making the teams impossible to move

Doesn't matter what you want to call it, it is advertising and the exact same thing. Only much much more of it.

Reactions: Gniwder

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
He was great in the playoffs. However, incredibly dumb coaching to basically never put ASP in the same shooting role on the PP past the halfway point of the season.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Those commercial breaks allow the top lines to play more minutes, since the players get a break. Not having commercial breaks would actually impact the pace of the game, and the relative importance of top players. You probably don't see forwards playing 20+ minutes or defensemen playing 30+ minutes if there were no commercial breaks.

I know it's an odd thing say, but commercial breaks are probably good for the overall quality of play.

Reactions: lilidk

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Too soon to revisit this discussion for this year?

I forget if we want ASP in GR next year or for him to stay another year.
Depends on who "we" is. Fans probably want him in GR to start acclimating to NA ice. Yzerman would probably like to put it off and let him mature one more year in Sweden. ASP probably wants SHL or NHL and nothing to do with the AHL, so if he's not making the big club would probably prefer to stay in Sweden with the significantly shorter bus rides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad