Player Discussion Nate Prosser

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Prosser for 2 is, i dont have to think as much about the cap nexr year and i know what i got. Maybe overpaying slighty for a known commodity.

Overpaying? Isn't 625K barely over the minimum?

My sue with him is that he will be taking a spot from younger players with more upside, but I will hope that he has been improving his game.

J22*

Overpaying? Isn't 625K barely over the minimum?

My sue with him is that he will be taking a spot from younger players with more upside, but I will hope that he has been improving his game.

Prosser should be in the press box every night. That's not a place where you want a young guy with upside.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
2 year deal makes it less likely that another team claims him off waivers, should Fletcher want to send him down. Besides, at that price there really isn't any risk in giving him 2 years.
Ahh. That is a good point. While I'm not as bearish on Prosser as some here are, if he does get claimed, does it really matter much? Granted it is still nice to have that assurance in case Reilly is not NHL ready.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Prosser is a good soldier as injury insurance. I'd imagine he fits in well in the locker room too and knows the system. It's fine.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Saw Nate at a parade this weekend. He wasn't wearing a shirt, had I not known who he was, I would have never guessed professional hockey player.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Prosser had 2g 5a in 39 gp.

Brodin had 2g 5a in 68 gp in 2015-6.

My head is hurting.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
The guy is a Beast! The Wild are so much better when he is in the lineup! Hope they resign him for another 3 yrs!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The guy is a Beast! The Wild are so much better when he is in the lineup! Hope they resign him for another 3 yrs!

Surely you jest...

Not saying I wouldn't keep him for a 7th/8th d-man, but any higher than that and this team has problems.

He's a good injury fill in, nothing more. He plays that role well.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
Better get him in the lineup before this series gets out of hand!The guy is a Beast and will turn the series around!

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Should we be giving Nate Prosser more credit for solidifying our 3rd D pairing, adding a little toughness to our D, and nursing a revolving door of AHL players (Reilly, Murphy, Seeler, Soucy, Olafsson) into the NHL? I would love to know BB's opinion of Prosser, and the role he has taken in ushering these kids into the NHL.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Should we be giving Nate Prosser more credit for solidifying our 3rd D pairing, adding a little toughness to our D, and nursing a revolving door of AHL players (Reilly, Murphy, Seeler, Soucy, Olafsson) into the NHL? I would love to know BB's opinion of Prosser, and the role he has taken in ushering these kids into the NHL.

Probably.

He should be the #3 RD until something better comes along (Belpedio).

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Probably, though to be honest I haven't been impressed with his play during the playoffs. Perhaps some of that is because of his D partners, though.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Probably, though to be honest I haven't been impressed with his play during the playoffs. Perhaps some of that is because of his D partners, though.
Prosser is doing the best he can with limited talent. He just isn't very good, but he plays smart, knows his limitations, and has courage., i.e. is fearless blocking shots and taking physical punishment.

Reactions: 63firebird

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
He is a throwback to the 2003 Wild - limited skill set but gets the maximum possible results out of it. It is good for our kids to come up playing with a guy like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: TaLoN

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
He is a throwback to the 2003 Wild - limited skill set but gets the maximum possible results of of it. It is good for our kids to come up playing with a guy like that.

Agreed, I'm not sure someone like Suter has the ability to mentor these guys into the league. I believe his role on this team is underrated, if it's considered at all.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I give Prosser a lot of credit for this season. Picking him up off of waivers, and replacing Quincey, really solidified the d-corps. His steady game has been mentioned by the coaches and his partners as having a calming effect for whoever he's playing with. There are more skilled d-men, for sure, but he's been a really good fit, and that is one of those intangible values.

Reactions: TaLoN and 2Pair

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The Wild have given up 9 goals in 3 games. Prosser has been on the ice for zero
It feels as if he and Soucy have had a lot of problems moving the puck out of the zone. Again, some of that is his D partner, but on the ice for zero GA is impressive, so no harm, no foul I suppose.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It feels as if he and Soucy have had a lot of problems moving the puck out of the zone. Again, some of that is his D partner, but on the ice for zero GA is impressive, so no harm, no foul I suppose.
Would help if Soucy could get the puck anywhere near a Wild stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad