Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Ugh, this guy again.

WHY????? And for two years????

625k in completely wasted cap space. Even worse when we consider just how much of a liability he is out there.

Negative banana over ten rating on this deal from me.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Eh, not sure how I feel about this. Considering the money and his anticipated role, it's supposed to be a nice insurance policy for injuries.. But if Prosser ends up in a situation where he's the band-aid, I'm not so sure he makes a meaningful impact one way or the other. Definitely not going to prevent us from losing a playoff series. So what's the point? As far as the 8th d-man goes, I guess it's better to go with the devil you know than the one you don't?

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Prosser imo really improved last year. He had some flaws, but overall his game has gotten a lot better.

Agree - he can sit for extended periods of time in the pressbox, then play decent hockey when called upon. He did ok the latter half of last season.

Dumba is probably the only other Wild Dman who'd drop the gloves, so he gives them a grit option.

Plus he is spectacular at getting lit up by opponents :)

At that price, nothing to complain about. Good soldier gets rewarded with some security.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Agree - he can sit for extended periods of time in the pressbox, then play decent hockey when called upon. He did ok the latter half of last season.

Dumba is probably the only other Wild Dman who'd drop the gloves, so he gives them a grit option.

Plus he is spectacular at getting lit up by opponents :)

At that price, nothing to complain about. Good soldier gets rewarded with some security.

Ain't that the truth.. I suppose as long as he's taking Zucker's, Granlund's, Brodin's, Dumba's & Nino's shares of hits then I'm OK with this.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
I like the signing. Cheap contract, solid depth guy. As others have mentioned, Prosser has been able to jump in from the press box and not miss a beat. That indicates he's a hard-worker off the ice and puts the work in during practice despite being a frequent scratch.

Basically this came down to Prosser > Uncle Leo & I don't think it's even close.

J22*

Smart signing. Prosser can actually play both sides so it makes it possible to only carry 7 dmen. I assume the 2nd year is to make it less likely other teams grab him if the Wild do want to send him down.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Ugh, this guy again.

WHY????? And for two years????

625k in completely wasted cap space. Even worse when we consider just how much of a liability he is out there.

Negative banana over ten rating on this deal from me.

mkdd_giant_banana.jpg

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
:golfnana:/10

Sort of a Baby Stoner. Now that Stewart and Brodz are gone, who's going to fight? Prosser, I guess?

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Meh. I kinda like Prosser. No, he will not do anything special, but he is serviceable, feisty, cheap and knows the system. The perfect pressbox guy who can step in when needed.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Awesome. Just unbelievably fanfreakingtastic!

Argh....any guesses on how many goals he deflects into the net for the opponent this season?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Awesome. Just unbelievably fanfreakingtastic!

Argh....any guesses on how many goals he deflects into the net for the opponent this season?

I'll say twice as many as he scores on the other team.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Meh. I kinda like Prosser. No, he will not do anything special, but he is serviceable, feisty, cheap and knows the system. The perfect pressbox guy who can step in when needed.

Which is why we all better be hoping that Reilly is indeed NHL ready as Fletcher expects...to keep Prosser as a pressbox filler, if not, then Prosser plays regularly instead...nobody wants that!

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Right now, Folin is number 8 and thus is likely in Iowa.

We'll see. He looked pretty good to me, better than Prosser; Reilly, no idea.

Olofsson is the mystery factor - he was studly in his WJC stint, and had he not been hurt, might have been #6 last season.

Granlund 64

Mar 17, 2012
Stillwater, MN
Prosser has played on his off-side, Folin hasn't. Right now Folin is behind Brodin, Spurgeon, Dumba, and possibly Prosser on the right side alone.

Perhaps they work him as a LD in camp and see how it goes?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
We'll see. He looked pretty good to me, better than Prosser; Reilly, no idea.

Olofsson is the mystery factor - he was studly in his WJC stint, and had he not been hurt, might have been #6 last season.

Yeo almost always chose Prosser over Folin last season.

The Wild likely wants Folin to learn his own side in the pros first.

If anyone other than Reilly is playing on the left, it's most likely Prosser and not Folin, and Olofsson just had a lost year of development, so AHL time will be good for him.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Smart signing. Prosser can actually play both sides so it makes it possible to only carry 7 dmen. I assume the 2nd year is to make it less likely other teams grab him if the Wild do want to send him down.
That's what I think. The appeal with Prosser as our #7D is he can play both sides. That versatility will be huge considering it looks like we are going to have to have three goalies on the roster. Although I'm probably off base, because then why sign him to two years?

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Prosser for 2 is, i dont have to think as much about the cap nexr year and i know what i got. Maybe overpaying slighty for a known commodity.

J22*

That's what I think. The appeal with Prosser as our #7D is he can play both sides. That versatility will be huge considering it looks like we are going to have to have three goalies on the roster. Although I'm probably off base, because then why sign him to two years?

2 year deal makes it less likely that another team claims him off waivers, should Fletcher want to send him down. Besides, at that price there really isn't any risk in giving him 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad