For how long?

Well, in theory...

2015-16
Suter - Brodin
Scandella - Spurgeon
Prosser/Leo - Dumba

2016-17
Suter - Brodin
Scandella - Dumba (assuming Spurgeon is going to price himself out)
Reilly/Olofsson - Folin/Blum (Whoever wins the spots)

Then there should be period of calm based on ages/contracts, and in the meantime, guys like Labbe, Belpedio, Draeger, etc... filter into the AHL to develop and see if they can take a spot when a contract situation comes up.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
However long it takes or the big club absolutely needs them. Reilly is absolutely not NHL ready coming out of college. Folin might be ready, I'll give you that. But if management still thinks he can get better with time in Iowa I'm all for it.

Reilly most definitely needs AHL seasoning. Schultz got some out of college immediately because of the lockout. And being somewhat similar players and such a big leap, Reilly undoubtedly needs some. At the same time, we'll need to start overpaying AHL players like these in order to keep them happy and prevent them from dashing at a more immediate opportunity.

Well, in theory...

2015-16
Suter - Brodin
Scandella - Spurgeon
Prosser/Leo - Dumba

2016-17
Suter - Brodin
Scandella - Dumba (assuming Spurgeon is going to price himself out)
Reilly/Olofsson - Folin/Blum (Whoever wins the spots)

Then there should be period of calm based on ages/contracts, and in the meantime, guys like Labbe, Belpedio, Draeger, etc... filter into the AHL to develop and see if they can take a spot when a contract situation comes up.

At the same time frame for our current fringe defensemen those players would see regular time no sooner than 2020. I'd be okay with that, but it might garner frustration since we aren't the Red Wings. We aren't able to sit on eggs until they are 26/27/28 and not face some sort of consequence.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
At the same time frame for our current fringe defensemen those players would see regular time no sooner than 2020. I'd be okay with that, but it might garner frustration since we aren't the Red Wings. We aren't able to sit on eggs until they are 26/27/28 and not face some sort of consequence.

Yeah, some likely aren't going to like the situation, but if they become worth anything, they'll have at least some value to other teams, and we can explore dealing them for picks and re-start the cycle. Or deal them for similar status prospects at a different position where the line is shorter.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Yeah, some likely aren't going to like the situation, but if they become worth anything, they'll have at least some value to other teams, and we can explore dealing them for picks and re-start the cycle. Or deal them for similar status prospects at a different position where the line is shorter.

Better that than Shepparding our prospects. I can go along with this.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
If this is over $800k and not a 2-way deal I'll be pretty pissy about this sadly. He is not a NHL player and at least from my perspective gets really damn lucky 2-4 games a year that is the only reason they keep him around.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Don't get much cheaper than 625k. For a 7/8 d-man that's been in our system forever that's pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad