GDT: Nashville Predators @ New York Rangers - 10/21/17: "Weirdest Start Time Ever" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
might as well let us support and criticize this team as we please. i think everyone is being reasonable and most negativity is towards emelin.

Criticism is one thing. Some folks come across as if the team is already doomed to failure this season so not sure what the point is of even watching if that is one's opinion.

For example, the Preds really suck today is my take thus far. I also wonder if we've put too much faith in Saros as goalie of the future. We may be screwed once Rinne is gone.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Weber is coming off an injury as well though so his TOI isn't shocking. Just shows you how rough things are if they are willing to push him out there.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i think we have a good team. we miss neal but he wouldn't be some world burner without a center to set him up. our forwards after the first line aren't world beaters either but for the love of God I am so sick of watching the rotating pile of suck i will refer to as WIBE.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Criticism is one thing. Some folks come across as if the team is already doomed to failure this season so not sure what the point is of even watching if that is one's opinion.

For example, the Preds really suck today is my take thus far. I also wonder if we've put too much faith in Saros as goalie of the future. We may be screwed once Rinne is gone.
I've never understood why people think saros is some future starter. He's always looked average to me. Every high danger chance ends up in the net.

Reactions: PredsV82

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

I have a proposal on TR&FA to address that... ;)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
First goal he probably should of had, 2nd and third, outside of pure luck no goalie are stopping those.
I dunno. The third would have been doable by the sort of goalie who can steal games. One of those ones where you don't call them "bad" for not getting it, but it keeps them from being elite as well.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
I dunno. The third would have been doable by the sort of goalie who can steal games. One of those ones where you don't call them "bad" for not getting it, but it keeps them from being elite as well.

Are we forgetting the two breakaways Saros stopped? Yeah, let's not consider those. The third-goal was effectively a mini-breakaway too. So he's 2 for 3 on breakaways. What trash.

Reactions: Scoresberg

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Are we forgetting the two breakaways Saros stopped? Yeah, let's not consider those. The third-goal was effectively a mini-breakaway too. So he's 2 for 3 on breakaways. What trash.
Hmm, I have to agree. Even when Irwin is right next to the player with the puck, he backs up just the right amount to make the shot as hard as possible to save while making it the easiest for the shooter.
Irwin should be already out of the NHL at this rate.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah but he is a young back up goalie. Let's face it, if we had anything else worth a damn in the system he would probably still be getting seasoning in the AHL where he probably should be night in and night out.

I'm not ready to call him a bust just because he isn't stellar on limited starts because we have jack squat else.

I'm not sold on him, but nothing in his play is unexpected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad