GDT: Nashville Predators @ New York Rangers - 10/21/17: "Weirdest Start Time Ever" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I'd rather Girard play if this is what we get out of Emelin, Irwin, or Weber. Emelin can't gain possession for anything, and certainly can't carry/pass it out of the zone. He just dumps it softly down the ice hoping for possession change. Irwin had played somewhat better, but his foot speed seems worse than I remember.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Are we forgetting the two breakaways Saros stopped? Yeah, let's not consider those. The third-goal was effectively a mini-breakaway too. So he's 2 for 3 on breakaways. What trash.
I'm not forgetting those. He's been good. Very good. I'm just not yet convinced he has what it takes to be great, that's all.

* * *​
Hmm, I have to agree. Even when Irwin is right next to the player with the puck, he backs up just the right amount to make the shot as hard as possible to save while making it the easiest for the shooter.
I didn't see that myself, but it's a fair point. I kind of want to see a replay now; I just saw it as "frequently the elite goaltenders will bail out that kind of fail". :dunno:

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I didn't see that myself, but it's a fair point. I kind of want to see a replay now; I just saw it as "frequently the elite goaltenders will bail out that kind of fail". :dunno:
Sorry for not being a reliable source, I remember an instance from an earlier game that I described like what you quoted.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I can't really blame Saros, I don't think our d has made mistakes this disastrous for the past few games.

Hard to say which of WIBE is the best. Either Weber or Bitetto I guess.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I'm not watching this game but if the defending has been as bad as I'm reading then why is Saros getting blame?
probably cause rinne had a shutout last game and saros hasn't been stellar in his limited starts this season and last. there really has been some serious defense lapses.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I'm not watching this game but if the defending has been as bad as I'm reading then why is Saros getting blame?
There's only been 4 backdoor chances with open nets for the Rags, essentially 3 breakaways and constant mismatches on defense.
But, it's still 'only' 3 goals against.

josiesque

Oct 15, 2015
I would definitely let young guns play too. And this only the start of regular season, playoffs were a nightmare everytime one of those two stepped on the ice.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I can't really blame Saros, I don't think our d has made mistakes this disastrous for the past few games.

Hard to say which of WIBE is the best. Either Weber or Bitetto I guess.
wow it's like picking which turd is the least smelliest. i guess bitetto but i think I'm picking him because he has had less time to stink up the ice compared to the others.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
This is only his second start of the year and he looked great for the most part last year.
Well and most goalies need to get in a groove to really be good. It's one reason why I think being a really good back up in the NHL is one of the toughest gigs out there.

Also with all of the talk of how bad the D is, let's not act like the forwards are exactly lighting things on fire either today.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
This is only his second start of the year and he looked great for the most part last year.
agreed with it being second start. and as far as him looking great.. i remember him starting great and regressing a bit. save percentage was .920+ for the year so you're right. all things considered that is great.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Y'know, to be fair, maybe it's appropriate if the Rangers win this one. I mean, this is a kids' night for them, so there's lots and lots of children in the arena.

KxivB9k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->