GDT: Nashville Predators @ New York Rangers - 10/21/17: "Weirdest Start Time Ever" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
When is the last time he won? He's one of the most overrated prospect the preds have had in some time.

Because winning is 100% about how well the goalie played. Of the 3 goals he allowed I'd say one of them should have been stopped, and that was the first. You might could argue that Pekka at his best stops the third, but we've seen him give up those as well.

On the list of reasons we lost, Saros' play in net is way down the list.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
When is the last time he won? He's one of the most overrated prospect the preds have had in some time.
April 6th against Dallas. Meaning he's lost a whole two consecutive starts since his last win. For additional context, he'd won 3 of his last 5 games to end last season.

That said, Rinne would be getting crapped on for giving up 3 on 15 shots, regardless of shot quality. What's good for the goose...

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Had to leave so my sister gets some medicine (it's nothing serious) so I missed the 3rd.
Was it the same kind of play or did they actually legitimately drive the play?
Also, where can I find the away record of wins under Laviolette? I have been googling for the last 10 minutes and cant find it

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Sigh.

You can't have those turnovers, they will eat you. And they did.

Looking on the bright side, we will lose some games, so if they're against the East it's less of a hit in the standings. But man, I hate losing to the Rangers and having you know who get the open netter just stings, which was their plan, I'm sure. On to the next game.

Go Preds!

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Had to leave so my sister gets some medicine (it's nothing serious) so I missed the 3rd.
Also, where can I find the away record of wins under Laviolette? I have been googling for the last 10 minutes and cant find it
It was definitely better, I'm not sure they had a shot on goal until the empty netter.

Reactions: JustaFinnishGuy

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

78-29-19 at home, 55-55-18 on the road.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017
I understand trying to protect Girard, but at this point, he's a better option than pretty much everybody not named Subban, Josi and Ekholm. I would love to see him play with Subban, and they could always send Emelin with Subban a few shifts, when needed.

Did Girard play on the left side in juniors?

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Ughh, I busted ass finishing up building a new fence so I could watch this game before dinner. Jimmy Pinocchio with the empty netter? Double ughh.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Why do I feel like we never play all that well in New York? Disappointing performance and may that ultimately pointless goal be the only one Harvard Boy scores all season.
That's because we don't.

We're now 10-12-3 (1 tie, 2 SOL) in 25 games against the Rags, with 56 gf-72 ga. 746 shots (7.5%)-719 allowed (.900 SV%). 237 PIM-307-PIMA, 12-for-111 on the power play (10.8%), 13-for-80 on the kill (83.8%).

Oh, and we've trailed 11 times after one period, 12 after 40 minutes in games vs. NYR.

Last edited:

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Jonesey must be thrown off by the start time as well. this is really weird to be playing so early. hopefully the boys are ready to play. puck drops in 30 minutes.

go perds go.

I wasn't around before the game sadly. I was running all around town and got home just in time to watch the puck drop. Then I had so much to do during and after I am just now getting back to the boards. Thanks for taking care of the GDT!

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I wasn't around before the game sadly. I was running all around town and got home just in time to watch the puck drop. Then I had so much to do during and after I am just now getting back to the boards. Thanks for taking care of the GDT!
no problem even though we lost. i will take the blame for this one.

Reactions: Jonesey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad