LeBrun: Nash, Grabner Trade Deals happening; both pulled from lineup tonight (Mod post #353)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Vancouver's owners are not afraid to spend money if it improves the team. They would take salary on if Jim asked.

oilers4life5

Nov 6, 2007
City of Champions
Is that a thing. So you are saying the Rangers trade Nash to Edmonton at 50% and the Oilers then trade Nash to Boston at another 50% thus leaving the Bruins on the hook for only 25% of Nash’s original remaining salary. Am I getting this correct?
After review of cap friendly that is my understanding.

Killswitch7187

Winter is here
Jun 29, 2009
State College, PA
Wow look at that. I guess I read the NHL rulebook wrong. Should take more time next time. Thanks.

I think all 3 fan bases wished he wasn't on the books whatsoever/sooner forget it, so you're 100% justified in not knowing that example. :laugh:

I think it ended up being each of LAK/CHI/PIT each paying roughly a 1/3 of his $3.375M AAV.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Hmm. I think I've seen this show before...

If I have this right an ex-NHLer reports that a deal is in place to give Krejci a new winger before the deadline and then when I wake up that winger gets a call from his Team Canada buddy Crosby and he is a Penguin by morning.

Boston goes with plan B (in this case an aging European winger), beats Pittsburgh in the ECF and then Nash signs with Boston in the summer.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Well if this is all true and New York trades Nash at 50% to Edmonton then from there to Vancouver and there to Vegas(why not McPhee is a good sport an an ex Ranger) all at 50% then he ends up in Boston at 6.125% of his original remaining salary.
Only in the NHL.

Reactions: NewYorkNick

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Well if this is all true and New York trades Nash at 50% to Edmonton then from there to Vancouver and there to Vegas(why not McPhee is a good sport an an ex Ranger) all at 50% then he ends up in Boston at 6.125% of his original remaining salary.
Only in the NHL.[/QUOT

oilers4life5

Nov 6, 2007
City of Champions
Only in the NHL.
Contract can only be retained twice. So that can’t work.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Only in the NHL.
Okay, this one is word for word from the rulebook

"Players’ contracts are limited to 2 retained salary transactions per contract."

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
If Beleskey was in the deal it's solid I believe. But adding him in probably sweetens the pot for the Rangers.
Maybe BOS can get a team to take that contract on and they can split the cost to polish the deal.

Bos toss 2 x 4th (2018 & 2019) to a team to take beleskey and NYR pays them back with their own 2018 or 2019)

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Maybe BOS can get a team to take that contract on and they can split the cost to polish the deal.

Bos toss 2 x 4th (2018 & 2019) to a team to take beleskey and NYR pays them back with their own 2018 or 2019)
It costs a lot a more than that to take a 3.8 for 3 years contract of a worthless player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad