LeBrun: Nash, Grabner Trade Deals happening; both pulled from lineup tonight (Mod post #353)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
He's a +ppg player in the AHL at 22y, he could have a shot at being a real NHL player, top9 but he's not getting that shot in Winnipeg.

If you watch those lineup predictions there are better fits for Nash than the Jets, which should drop Jets offer.

Great thought, but I don't think you're understanding the concept of market competition. As soon as one of the other 10-12 teams, that have inquired, hear that the top offer is Petan + 2nd they are going to beat it immediately. No other GM is being scared off by having to beat that offer.

If PEG doesn't need Nash or see value in bringing him aboard, why even be in the conversation?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Great thought, but I don't think you're understanding the concept of market competition. As soon as one of the other 10-12 teams, that have inquired, hear that the top offer is Petan + 2nd they are going to beat it immediately. No other GM is being scared off by having to beat that offer.

If PEG doesn't need Nash or see value in bringing him aboard, why even be in the conversation?

I understand that, and I understand that there are better fits for Nash than the Jets.

Nash hasn't been traded yet so why not keep looking ways to get him.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I said I could see it being a second and Spooner is a second line player, especially on your team.
On the Bruins right now

10 forwards have more time on ice per game - Spooner gets 14:30 ice time per game.

8 forwards have more points - he'd be 9th on the Rangers forwards group, and that is with Kreider 2 points behind him.

2nd line player, right?

He also had a significant groin issue this year.

Spin the rhetoric and continue to be wrong, thanks

M C D A V I D

Feb 12, 2018
Username?

For the record I live in a city that isn’t exactly an NHL destination either but the pot shouldn’t call the kettle black.

I didn't say he'd come to Edmonton tho? I just said he wouldn't go to Winnipeg.

Ftr i don't see Nash ever coming to Edmonton if thats helps?

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
On the Bruins right now

10 forwards have more time on ice per game - Spooner gets 14:30 ice time per game.

8 forwards have more points - he'd be 9th on the Rangers forwards group, and that is with Kreider 2 points behind him.

2nd line player, right?

He also had a significant groin issue this year.

Spin the rhetoric and continue to be wrong, thanks

Interesting considering he'd be tied for 2nd on the Rangers in PPG despite that ice time.

Spooner has never been consistent enough of a player to be considered a top-6 player, but he absolutely has the ability.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Interesting considering he'd be tied for 2nd on the Rangers in PPG despite that ice time.

Spooner has never been consistent enough of a player to be considered a top-6 player, but he absolutely has the ability.

Alright, so he isn't. Thanks.

Also, PPG is a crap evaluation tool when your sample size is less than half a season. Being healthy is part of the game.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Alright, so he isn't. Thanks.

Also, PPG is a crap evaluation tool when your sample size is less than half a season. Being healthy is part of the game.

Ryan Spooner- 39 games played, 25 points 14:34 TOI per game

Chris Kreider- 38 game played, 22 points 15:34 TOI per game

Reactions: Mrb1p
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad