OT: Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Nice, enjoy yourself. I'm usually against getting tickets for bigger acts and dropping $30+ on "additional fees" alone, but I couldn't pass up seeing Tool. Instrumentally, they're still on point, however, I was a little disappointed with MJK lyrically and vocally. Fear Inoculum is solid but probably my least favorite album from them, and that's only because their prior albums are so damn good.

I've seen Tool twice and A Perfect Circle 3 times. It's always a solid show when MJK and co. are involved, but I do think MJK's vocals have lost a bit off of the fastball. Skipped on this tour having seen them recently at Governor's Ball a couple of years back.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
I've seen Tool twice and A Perfect Circle 3 times. It's always a solid show when MJK and co. are involved, but I do think MJK's vocals have lost a bit off of the fastball. Skipped on this tour having seen them recently at Governor's Ball a couple of years back.

My hypothesis is that Danny Carey pushed for this album to showcase that he's still a bad ass MFer at age 58. He was the star of the show Saturday night. All-time performance.

Between the music, the imagery in the background, etc., I was feeling preeettttttyyyyy good.

Reactions: SteveH124

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Anybody else in the northeast in the 90s? Didn't it seem like Live was playing somewhere around you for free like once a week? I saw them like 10 times and I don't even like them. They played on the lawn in front of my student union once and I swear nobody stopped and watched. People were just like, "I need to go get my books, wtf is this?"

I actually saw live this past august at jones beach. I really enjoyed it.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

Attachments

• 20191201_203649.jpg
    20191201_203649.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 7

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I hear you, I'm always like "Those Puddle of Mudd hits are so phenomenal, the rest of their output is just a shade weaker, you know?" At least, that's what I tell people.

Reactions: nyisles

Richie Daggers Crime

Mar 8, 2004
Boise
The wrapped or whatever they call it. I don't even know if it's cool or whatever. Spotify sends it to me at the end of the year.

Richie Daggers Crime

Mar 8, 2004
Boise

This is great. First of all, I almost forgot when the Letterman house band would play with the musical guests back in the day. Secondly, J Mascis' reaction when the house guitarist throws some lead into the rhythm is hilariously gratifying.

Reactions: Strummergas

Richie Daggers Crime

Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I saw Dinosaur Jr. at the SUNY Binghamton Student Center back in the day, in the middle of a blizzard. They were the loudest band I've ever heard. They played Sludgefeast and it was so suffocatingly loud that I thought the sound was going to gain sentience. My ears rang for a solid week.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I saw Dinosaur Jr. at the SUNY Binghamton Student Center back in the day, in the middle of a blizzard. They were the loudest band I've ever heard. They played Sludgefeast and it was so suffocatingly loud that I thought the sound was going to gain sentience. My ears rang for a solid week.

I saw them outside in Central Park and it was still one of the loudest shows I've ever been at!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad