OT: Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I did see a few documentaries and the such on artists where they had not played a song so long they had to learn to play it again did not recall the lyrics even, so if it is a song that the group is not passionate about then you get a lackluster performance. Neil Young could be famous for playing a whole show of the unknown songs and sometimes Pearl Jam for sure and it could be underwhelming when you don't hear anything you can sing along with. If there was an album that I would want to hear live from start to finish it would be Oasis - Definitely Maybe,

Remind me to never stand next to you at a show. :)

Reactions: Strummergas

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
I'm not a big fan of these "whole album" shows. I find them dull and pandering. Tons of bands are doing it these days, though.

For me it depends on the album. I saw the Cure play Three Imaginary Boys, Seventeen Seconds and Faith back to back to back in their entirety at the Beacon Theater and it's my favorite show that I have ever seen live.

You would have really hated that show! :laugh:

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Speaking of that --- and I certainly don't mean to offend -- cuz I know people LOVE this guy.. but is there anyone else to can't stand Springsteen?

Love his work up to and including Born in the USA. After that, he's got nothing for me. I think his live shows are grossly overrated.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
I don't know I think Springsteen was pretty solid through Born in the USA, there are some good tracks on that album like Bobbie Jean and Darlington County that never got the airplay that the hits got, Dancing in the Dark is a great pop song....

First 5 albums were great, Greetings, The Wild, Born to Run, The River and Nebraska

I think there is an honesty in his music that gives him credibility and his concerts are all they are cracked up to be. After Born in the USA, it is hard to find anything that is decent, songs on the Rising were good, Tunnel of Love and Brilliant Disguise were ok if tiresome

Born in The USA is a fine output. Downbound Train and I'm on Fire are also under the radar and excellent.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Im going thur at mohegan. Turned it into a 4 day weekend for myself

Nice, enjoy yourself. I'm usually against getting tickets for bigger acts and dropping $30+ on "additional fees" alone, but I couldn't pass up seeing Tool. Instrumentally, they're still on point, however, I was a little disappointed with MJK lyrically and vocally. Fear Inoculum is solid but probably my least favorite album from them, and that's only because their prior albums are so damn good.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Nice, enjoy yourself. I'm usually against getting tickets for bigger acts and dropping $30+ on "additional fees" alone, but I couldn't pass up seeing Tool. Instrumentally, they're still on point, however, I was a little disappointed with MJK lyrically and vocally. Fear Inoculum is solid but probably my least favorite album from them, and that's only because their prior albums are so damn good.

I like FA. But actually prefer 10000 days. Im really looking forward it. Been wanting to see them for 15 years. Solid setlist.

You also enjoy yourself!

Ive been listening to some killing joke recently to get ready for them as well.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Going to Barclays next week. I just saw prices and they’re pretty nuts. They weren’t that bad 2 months ago

I got my tickets as soon as they went on sale - well, 10 minutes after the sale started because I marked the wrong reminder date in my calendar :ha: Better than buying on the secondary market.

I looked a couple of weeks ago, and the cheapest seats listed on Stubhub were $185, but it looks like the prices have come down since. I'll be sitting in 213, Row 6, which is close to the stage but just up high. I'll be happy to just be there though.

Have fun at Barclays!

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
For me it depends on the album. I saw the Cure play Three Imaginary Boys, Seventeen Seconds and Faith back to back to back in their entirety at the Beacon Theater and it's my favorite show that I have ever seen live.

Jeez. At least half of Three Imaginary Boys sucks total balls.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I don't know I think Springsteen was pretty solid through Born in the USA, there are some good tracks on that album like Bobbie Jean and Darlington County that never got the airplay that the hits got, Dancing in the Dark is a great pop song....

First 5 albums were great, Greetings, The Wild, Born to Run, The River and Nebraska

I think there is an honesty in his music that gives him credibility and his concerts are all they are cracked up to be. After Born in the USA, it is hard to find anything that is decent, songs on the Rising were good, Tunnel of Love and Brilliant Disguise were ok if tiresome
Don't forget Darkness. Great album.

Reactions: stranger34

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I saw Ed Kowalczyk sing the entire Throwing Copper album about 5 years ago. Say what you want about these kind of shows, but when you love the entire album -- its a great time.

His voice has really dropped off given he is only like 48 or so. I was shocked when I saw Live at Jones Beach this summer how much worse his voice was than just 5 years ago.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Anybody else in the northeast in the 90s? Didn't it seem like Live was playing somewhere around you for free like once a week? I saw them like 10 times and I don't even like them. They played on the lawn in front of my student union once and I swear nobody stopped and watched. People were just like, "I need to go get my books, wtf is this?"

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Went to see Black Mountain last night in Brooklyn and listening to the new album "Destroyer" right now. Good heavy shit.

Last edited:

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I saw Steve Gorman's band Trigger Hippy (great name BTW) last night. Really good. Very The Band and Little Feat sounding. They rock and jam much more live than their latest record. Which has a more Sunday afternoon type vibe. Live it was definitely appropriate for a Saturday night. Check them out if you get the chance. These musicians are legit.

Reactions: Strummergas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad