Confirmed with Link: Murray steps down, Dorion is our new GM

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Tim Murray used the same strategy my friend used in college. Tank your entry english exam on purpose so you get english for dummies so its super easy to get great marks after. Too bad he's a dropout now...

JessicaN

Sep 11, 2012
mentioned this earlier in the thread but it got drowned out.

what of alfie now?!

he needs grooming to be eventual GM--- similar to Stevie Y under Holland.
Dorion, though supposedly a great hockey mind is not going to impart much upon Alfie from a GM perspective.

has Alfie been named assistant GM? same title?
any reporters asked this?!

Alfie is still figuring out what he wants to do professionally now, as per melnyk.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Hey, remember when Timmy pouted on national television that he didn't win the lottery and basically spelled it out that Eichel was a crappy consolation prize?

It's borderline creepy how obsessed you are with a guy whose only claim to fame is tanking his team twice, losing the lottery, then making a couple of trades from the mountain of prospects he had for players of questionable character.

I'm sure every team would love their #1 centre to get hammered and drive into a Tim Horton's.

I don't remember that because it didn't happen. i don't think you understood what he was saying about the draft.
Ryan Oreilly is better than every forward on our team. Shows you don't know what you are talking about. He's known as an incredible leader. Ever hear his teammates speak about him?
I don't think I'm being creepy. I realize what we had and what we lost that's all. The frustration comes from the fact that Eugene is too dumb to realize it and he's still here.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I don't remember that because it didn't happen. i don't think you understood what he was saying about the draft.
Ryan Oreilly is better than every forward on our team. Shows you don't know what you are talking about. He's known as an incredible leader. Ever hear his teammates speak about him?
I don't think I'm being creepy. I realize what we had and what we lost that's all.

Maybe in Icelevel's "TIM MURRAH IS MY SQUAD!!" world it didn't happen, but here, in reality, this is what happened:

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...-lottery-results-im-disappointed-for-our-fans

But hey, Timmy's the best, you heart Timmy. Timmy is life. Timmy, Timmy, Timmy.

And I'll take Mark Stone over Ryan O'Reilly any day. Mainly because he's not an irresponsible ****hole who endangers lives by drinking and driving. He also doesn't have his pop pop writing articles in the press about his son's contract situations either.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Hey, remember when Timmy pouted on national television that he didn't win the lottery and basically spelled it out that Eichel was a crappy consolation prize?

It's borderline creepy how obsessed you are with a guy whose only claim to fame is tanking his team twice, losing the lottery, then making a couple of trades from the mountain of prospects he had for players of questionable character.
I'm sure every team would love their #1 centre to get hammered and drive into a Tim Horton's.

I wanted to mention all of this yesterday in the argument I was having about Tim Murray :laugh: . Not to mention that some people seem to think that simply having a curt demeanor means he must be the smartest guy in the room.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
If I remember correctly once upon a time we were all pretty ready to forgive a guy who was in a major car accident.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Maybe in Icelevel's "TIM MURRAH IS MY SQUAD!!" world it didn't happen, but here, in reality, this is what happened:

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...-lottery-results-im-disappointed-for-our-fans

But hey, Timmy's the best, you heart Timmy. Timmy is life. Timmy, Timmy, Timmy.

And I'll take Mark Stone over Ryan O'Reilly any day. Mainly because he's not an irresponsible ****hole who endangers lives by drinking and driving. He also doesn't have his pop pop writing articles in the press about his son's contract situations either.

This is what I mean. You take a Twitter quote and make a story up in your head. He's talking honestly and logically. Are you saying the fans weren't disappointed that they weren't picking first overall?
He wasn't saying Eichel sucked. He loves Eichel and has always said that.
People here were disappointed we dropped from 10 to 12. OBVIOUSLY. And that involved winning games. They just got ****ed over by the oilers who are a complete joke of an organization. And it looks bad on the league. I agree with him.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
I don't think I'm being creepy. I realize what we had and what we lost that's all. The frustration comes from the fact that Eugene is too dumb to realize it and he's still here.

Tim Murray fanboys whenever he makes a mistake.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Bout damn time!

Mask5.jpg

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
That part where dorion goes on about the exit meetings on 1200 with whitey and lloyd is really hard to listen to. I swear it sounds like eugene. Very scary. And don't say karlsson is good and bad. For **** sakes GM, don't laugh about how karlsson is bad sometimes. FFS

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Listening to Melnyck he's already undermined Dorion by saying he won't pay millions for a Head Coach - Julien will cost millions. Holy Frig, Melnyk is such an idiot.

Melnyck can't keep his mouth shut. Can't stand the guy

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Listening to Melnyck he's already undermined Dorion by saying he won't pay millions for a Head Coach - Julien will cost millions. Holy Frig, Melnyk is such an idiot.

Melnyck can't keep his mouth shut. Can't stand the guy

And Melnyck doing press before talking to Cameron is classless.,especially announcing it on the air.

The guy has no class.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
You can always count on Eugene Melnyk to immediately stamp out any positive feelings the organization manages to generate in the fanbase.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Report going on around Twitter Sens World that Doug Maclean says ' no way Bryan Murray stepped down under his own choice'...forced out by ownership?

both Murray and Maclean are tight....been friends for decades...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad