Confirmed with Link: Murray steps down, Dorion is our new GM

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
Wait is Dorion from someone within the organization or is he new?

If he's in-house he's just another Melnyk Yes Man like Cameron was so things aren't going to ****ing change

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Wait is Dorion from someone within the organization or is he new?

If he's in-house he's just another Melnyk Yes Man like Cameron was so things aren't going to ****ing change

You've been here for 6 years and you don't know who Pierre dorion is?

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
If Dorion is taking over as the new GM, then we better hire an experienced coach. A rookie GM and another rookie coach leading a young team just seems like a recipe for disaster...

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Solid move ,BM still has many contacts throughout the league .And Dorion is a very solid judge of talent,we are fine at the management level :handclap:

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Glad to see the Murray era come to an end... A decade of mediocrity

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So who's next on the scapegoat list, HFSens?

Kuba, to Spezza, to Phillips, to Murray...

... my bet is Bobby Ryan. He was already Target #2 after Murray, I assume he slides in as the main guy now.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
So who's next on the scapegoat list, HFSens?

Kuba, to Spezza, to Phillips, to Murray...

... my bet is Bobby Ryan. He was already Target #2 after Murray, I assume he slides in as the main guy now.

No Bobby is safe no question.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Much of it you can't blame on Murray when he took over there was nothing of value left.

Sure... And a decade later we are not further along then when he got here... One playoff win during his tenure... Worst defense in hockey since 2010

I'm happy it's over and I can look at the future in a more positive light.

Hopefully Dorion has a plan and sticks to it

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Sure... And a decade later we are not further along then when he got here... One playoff win during his tenure... Worst defense in hockey since 2010

I'm happy it's over and I can look at the future in a more positive light.

Hopefully Dorion has a plan and sticks to it
:laugh:Playing nhl 16 and actually managing a nhl team are two different things .Maybe you are confused by the two :nod:

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Meh, most of his detractors think running an actual nhl team. is as easy as it is on NHL16,be a gm mode:laugh:

Ron Hextall is in his 2nd year of rebuilding and the Flyers are looking like a force on the rise...

- Already making the playoffs
- Accumulated as many picks as the Leafs
- Rebuilt Farm System
- Dumped all bad contracts

That's what a good GM can do

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
:laugh:Playing nhl 16 and actually managing a nhl team are two different things .Maybe you are confused by the two :nod:

Nope I just have interest in 29 other hockey teams and see what the good GMs have done

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ron Hextall is in his 2nd year of rebuilding and the Flyers are looking like a force on the rise...

- Rebuilt Farm System

Humm ,seems like something BM has done ....yep everything on that list ,turned 2nd rounders into first round picks as well :nod:

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

- Rebuilt Farm System

Unlike Murray things were not all that bad when he took over.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
No cap issues,young team with many moveable assets.Good youth coming up through the system .Yeah BM has screwed us :shakehead

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Humm ,seems like something BM has done ....yep everything on that list ,turned 2nd rounders into first round picks as well :nod:

Like when he turned Prince into a 3rd?

Ottawa and Bingo combined to give up 482 goals this year... Nine years into Murrays tenure

Hockey News Future watch ranked the Sens farm system 24th

Murray was a mess

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
No cap issues,young team with many moveable assets.Good youth coming up through the system .Yeah BM has screwed us :shakehead

Close to 25% of the budget on our 2RW and a second pair defenseman as they age into their 30's the next five years

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Ottawa and Bingo combined to give up 482 goals this year... Nine years into Murrays tenure

Murray was a mess
Maybe because ,most of the system has built our current nhl roster.Again having young players on your team doesnt always = success,some dont always pan out as most seem to dream they will.Lehner for White ,Kelly for a 2nd .Getting a 3rd for a busted Prince should be considered a success:laugh:

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

Murray was a mess

Ottawa is a very young team and when you have 8 players on the Nhl team that should be on the Ahl team that hurts both clubs.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Close to 25% of the budget on our 2RW and a second pair defenseman as they age into their 30's the next five years
Yep,and your point is??Cowen and Wier busting hard forced us to make a move ,as for Ryan meh, he is overpaid by about a mil or so ,having a healthy Turris along with a select move or two should help the top 6 be more consistant :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00