MTS Centre Upgrades - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Just like Jets "Rewards". True North giveth, True North taketh away. I thought there was a law that gift cards couldn't expire.

There is:

On October 1, 2007, the Consumer Protection Act banned expiry dates and most fees on gift cards bought after that date to make sure you get their full value, regardless of when you use them.

EXCEPT:

The new law does not apply to loyalty cards used to collect rewards or points, and does not apply to cards that are subject to federal law, such as prepaid phone cards. Cards or certificates that are redeemable for specific services, such as a massage at a spa, are also not covered.

The Jets would fall under the "loyalty card" criteria since it is a card specifically given to STHs for their "loyalty".

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
There is:

On October 1, 2007, the Consumer Protection Act banned expiry dates and most fees on gift cards bought after that date to make sure you get their full value, regardless of when you use them.

EXCEPT:

The new law does not apply to loyalty cards used to collect rewards or points, and does not apply to cards that are subject to federal law, such as prepaid phone cards. Cards or certificates that are redeemable for specific services, such as a massage at a spa, are also not covered.

The Jets would fall under the "loyalty card" criteria since it is a card specifically given to STHs for their "loyalty".

That could and should be changed. It was the threat of legislation in Ontario that forced Air Miles to drop their points expiry.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
That could and should be changed. It was the threat of legislation in Ontario that forced Air Miles to drop their points expiry.

I agree, but their are way way more Air Miles customers that were PO'ed than there ever will be Jets STHs. It would take some strong willed individual ( :naughty::naughty: looking at you ) to approach the gov't of Manitoba and get this changed.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I agree, but their are way way more Air Miles customers that were PO'ed than there ever will be Jets STHs. It would take some strong willed individual ( :naughty::naughty: looking at you ) to approach the gov't of Manitoba and get this changed.

What, you think I'm some kind of SJW? :laugh: Hell, what do I care? Our greedy SSH kept the whole $10 for himself. ;)

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
I haven’t been able to find out any info on the $10 credits on the ST holder card?
I used it for the home opener toward a Jumbo Jets dog. They had to call a supervisor to approve it, which end up holding up the line for about 7 mins. People behind me in line were not happy waiting.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I used it for the home opener toward a Jumbo Jets dog. They had to call a supervisor to approve it, which end up holding up the line for about 7 mins. People behind me in line were not happy waiting.

:biglaugh:Classic! Not only is TNSE the most secretive organization to the outside world, it likes to keep its own people in the dark. Or maybe, this was part of the plan. Make sure it isn't too apparent that the "reward" expires in a couple of months, and if someone does try to use it, make it such a PITA that they give up in disgust. Malice or stupidity? I could go either way, to be honest.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I still don't know why the Jets introduced the Rewards program at all. I doubt it does much to foster loyalty, and it seems to be a source of great ire for some. It's not like I'm going to go get season tickets with some other NHL team because I can't enter to win a signed beer fridge... :laugh:

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Something I found out last weekend is the "Jets Pass credit" is loaded to each account and not to each card. So if you have two seats on your account you share the $10 credit.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
So... after being told that we are being locked in the arena to stop the doors from being opened and closed all the time during intermissions in an effort to have better air quality.... what do you think I saw during both intermissions today? Surprise, surprise, the doors were opened for the whole intermission with the attendants at the doors telling people they can't leave. :huh::confused:

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
So yesterday arrived early for the game at our Loge. Sat down at around 6:15 and our server came to take our order shortly after. We attempted to order burgers and an order of chicken fingers along with some drinks.

What came next dumbfounded me..... the server politely informed us that she couldn’t bring the food until after the play had started!!! I asked her why and she sheepishly responded that her supervisors had informed them that they wanted to make sure that they didn’t disrupt service to people in the concourse. Out of curiosity I went over to where they make the “gourmet burgers” and sure enough no real lineup.

Here is what I don’t understand.... you have a server that’s obvioisly ready and dedicated to serving you and available...why the hell would you tell your Loge customers that are paying premium seat pricing, that they only get served when it’s not as busy, which is during play?!!! In doing so you are causing disruption to the rest of the upper deck by having servers in the Loge during action!!!

In any event, my wife and daughter went to get their burger, one beef and one chicken and honestly they are bland at best. My buddy waited until play started to get his chicken fingers and fries. The fries were good chicken fingers were decent at best. I was aggravated and didn’t feel like waiting so I grabbed a Burrito from Freshie which was just ok.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
So... after being told that we are being locked in the arena to stop the doors from being opened and closed all the time during intermissions in an effort to have better air quality.... what do you think I saw during both intermissions today? Surprise, surprise, the doors were opened for the whole intermission with the attendants at the doors telling people they can't leave. :huh::confused:

This was obviously a controlled venting, carefully planned and executed for establishing maximum air quality. :sarcasm:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
So yesterday arrived early for the game at our Loge. Sat down at around 6:15 and our server came to take our order shortly after. We attempted to order burgers and an order of chicken fingers along with some drinks.

What came next dumbfounded me..... the server politely informed us that she couldn’t bring the food until after the play had started!!! I asked her why and she sheepishly responded that her supervisors had informed them that they wanted to make sure that they didn’t disrupt service to people in the concourse. Out of curiosity I went over to where they make the “gourmet burgers” and sure enough no real lineup.

Here is what I don’t understand.... you have a server that’s obvioisly ready and dedicated to serving you and available...why the hell would you tell your Loge customers that are paying premium seat pricing, that they only get served when it’s not as busy, which is during play?!!! In doing so you are causing disruption to the rest of the upper deck by having servers in the Loge during action!!!

In any event, my wife and daughter went to get their burger, one beef and one chicken and honestly they are bland at best. My buddy waited until play started to get his chicken fingers and fries. The fries were good chicken fingers were decent at best. I was aggravated and didn’t feel like waiting so I grabbed a Burrito from Freshie which was just ok.

OK, True North. Let's think this through. People in the loge won't want to wait for their food, will get up and order from the food outlets themselves and you end up with the same number of orders being placed. However, instead of having multiple orders being turned in by one server with presumably no need for a payment transaction at the food outlet, you now have even more people in the lineups and all of them have to take the time to pay. How is that making for better service?

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
OK, True North. Let's think this through. People in the loge won't want to wait for their food, will get up and order from the food outlets themselves and you end up with the same number of orders being placed. However, instead of having multiple orders being turned in by one server with presumably no need for a payment transaction at the food outlet, you now have even more people in the lineups and all of them have to take the time to pay. How is that making for better service?

Exactly. Instead of taking the opportunity to ease the crowds in the concourse they do this? Makes no sense.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Ouch. Chipman would do well to see some of these comments, but unfortunately it's hard for him to see anything through the crowd of season ticket holders who are in lockstep with him. :sarcasm:

Honestly not expecting gourmet cuisine. However if they step it up a notch they can capture the people that go have dinner elsewhere before the game. Holding they improve the food quality but most of all the service.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Of the three sports venues in Winnipeg, Bell MTS Place is quite a bit behind both IGF and Shaw Park in terms of quality of concessions and food and drink options in my opinion. TNSE needs to improve this no question as far as I'm concerned.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Of the three sports venues in Winnipeg, Bell MTS Place is quite a bit behind both IGF and Shaw Park in terms of quality of concessions and food and drink options in my opinion. TNSE needs to improve this no question as far as I'm concerned.

I can’t really disagree. I’m not sure if they are just concerned with the bottom line and are sacrificing quality in the mean time... but if that’s the case it will hurt them in the long run.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Problem is Centre plate runs the show. I am sure they cut TNSE a nice big check for this current contract but Its their operation and TNSE get paid a % of sales. I am sure TNSE can pass on complaints and suggestions but after that they don’t have much control other than cutting them loose after the contract has expired.

basplit

Jan 12, 2014
Maybe not a huge deal to most BUT I ALWAYS enjoyed a Timmies Ice-Cap , as many did.
Why would Timmies stop offering them????

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Maybe not a huge deal to most BUT I ALWAYS enjoyed a Timmies Ice-Cap , as many did.
Quite simply so you'll buy different product.

The full Tim's menu was too broad and too inexpensive. They want you to buy other stuff. Ice-Cap machines take up too much space and offers a highly desirable choice for too low a price. They don't want you at Tim's at all but understand what would happen if they took it out of the building outright. Being able to offer something like coffee/tea/hot chocolate to non-alcohol drinkers that don't like pop and a contract is likely the only reason Tim's is still in the building at all.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road

So I go to a game, upper level, feel like getting a coffee and a donut, find the little Tim's kiosk cause they got rid of the bigger one up there and all they offer is a box of timbits...arggh..I don't want 24 Timbits...I want just 1 donut to have with my coffee...ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad