MTS Centre Upgrades - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
So I go to a game, upper level, feel like getting a coffee and a donut, find the little Tim's kiosk cause they got rid of the bigger one up there and all they offer is a box of timbits...arggh..I don't want 24 Timbits...I want just 1 donut to have with my coffee...ridiculous.

I agree, super frustrating. Rather than increasing choices and imenities they have gone the direction of decreasing them.

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
pretty soon someone is gonna start a forum called Mooseowner.com to reminisce about the days before the jets when you could pay $5 for a beer and $4 for a hotdog :laugh::laugh::laugh:
"hey remember the full menu timmies? my wife loved that place"

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
So I go to a game, upper level, feel like getting a coffee and a donut, find the little Tim's kiosk cause they got rid of the bigger one up there and all they offer is a box of timbits...arggh..I don't want 24 Timbits...I want just 1 donut to have with my coffee...ridiculous.

Use the leftover Timbits to throw at the heads of loge leaners. :laugh:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
We had our first experience with loge service the other night and I wasn't impressed. We were approached for service twice during the game. My wife's succinct appraisal of the menu was, the food they offer is shit! She would like to see Carvery options, and of course, her nose is still out of joint because she can no longer get her chocolate chip muffin at Timmy's. Of course, she has been spoiled by full in-seat service for years. Me. :laugh:

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Would any of you fine earthlings know whether or not someone can bring a souvenir popcorn helmet that was purchased at BellMTS Place for free popcorn re-fills back into the arena?
:popcorn:

Perhaps if I wore it on my head... :allears:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Would any of you fine earthlings know whether or not someone can bring a souvenir popcorn helmet that was purchased at BellMTS Place for free popcorn re-fills back into the arena?

Can it be used as a weapon or a projectile? ;)

SEARCHES
The venue reserves the right to conduct a search of all patrons in order to gain entry to Bell MTS Place. The following items are NOT permitted into the venue:
  • Cameras
  • Audio or Recording Devices
  • Glass bottles or cans
  • Alcoholic Beverages
  • Electronic Cigarettes/Chewing Tobacco
  • Any item that may be used as a weapon (including pocket knives)
  • Laser pointers/Flashlights
  • Fireworks
  • Backpacks or large bags
  • Glow Sticks
  • Inflatables (beach balls, balloons, etc.)
  • Projectiles
  • Signs or banners
  • Selfie Sticks

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
No Cameras, Audio/Recording device, Flashlights..Pretty much every smartphone does all of that

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg

It should be fine, but don't plan on refilling it with free popcorn because you need a receipt with the current date on it to do that.

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
It should be fine, but don't plan on refilling it with free popcorn because you need a receipt with the current date on it to do that.

I did not have to present a receipt on Sunday. I even went to a different vendor.

In fact, I did not even receive a receipt in the first place.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I did not have to present a receipt on Sunday. I even went to a different vendor.

In fact, I did not even receive a receipt in the first place.
Interesting. I was in line behind a father and his young child at one of the first games of this season and the server would not refill his popcorn helmet because he couldn't produce a receipt to prove he bought it that day. The child started crying and the server still wouldn't budge.

Perhaps they changed their policy since the popcorn itself probably only costs 10 cents per refill? Seems logical...

Reactions: Spock

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Can it be used as a weapon or a projectile? ;)

SEARCHES
The venue reserves the right to conduct a search of all patrons in order to gain entry to Bell MTS Place. The following items are NOT permitted into the venue:
  • Cameras
  • Audio or Recording Devices
  • Glass bottles or cans
  • Alcoholic Beverages
  • Electronic Cigarettes/Chewing Tobacco
  • Any item that may be used as a weapon (including pocket knives)
  • Laser pointers/Flashlights
  • Fireworks
  • Backpacks or large bags
  • Glow Sticks
  • Inflatables (beach balls, balloons, etc.)
  • Projectiles
  • Signs or banners
  • Selfie Sticks

Are vaporizes different than e cigarettes? My wife always has one of these vaporizer contraptions in her purse.

Does the chew apply to players too?

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Interesting. I was in line behind a father and his young child at one of the first games of this season and the server would not refill his popcorn helmet because he couldn't produce a receipt to prove he bought it that day. The child started crying and the server still wouldn't budge.

Perhaps they changed their policy since the popcorn itself probably only costs 10 cents per refill? Seems logical...

You are supposed to show your receipt for the drink refills too but I think it just depends on the person working the till. Sometimes they ask, sometimes they don't.

You could probably get a refill at one of the vendors without a receipt if you really wanted to.

Reactions: jefferoni

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Ooh, I think I've encountered that server.

soup-nazi.jpg

Good on you, True North. I can't imagine what I would have to pay for tickets if we had to cover the losses caused by popcorn fraud. :sarcasm:

Zekeland

Mar 24, 2015
Good day,

Taking some co workers to Loge seats for JetsVS Kings on Feb20. Actually picked up 4 tics, each tic was $50 off. Probably the only way for me to afford loge seats.

Has the Loge food/beverage service improved ? I dont mind getting up and grabbing beer and food myself. In fact a good stretch of the legs is healthy.

Any reviews of Loge in seat service is appreciated. Dont worry, I will keep the boys from leaning over !!!

Thanks

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Good day,

Taking some co workers to Loge seats for JetsVS Kings on Feb20. Actually picked up 4 tics, each tic was $50 off. Probably the only way for me to afford loge seats.

Has the Loge food/beverage service improved ? I dont mind getting up and grabbing beer and food myself. In fact a good stretch of the legs is healthy.

Any reviews of Loge in seat service is appreciated. Dont worry, I will keep the boys from leaning over !!!

Thanks

It has varied quite a bit. I think it depends on your server. I've had servers who were quite attentive, and others that basically ignored us most of the time.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
:laugh: Look at the poor guy wedged in between those 2. :laugh:
I had that at the Penguins game back in October. No word of a lie the dude in the seat to my right was 300+. I was snuggled into my buddy all evening as the big dude overflowed into my seating area. Not a season ticket holder thankfully but I honestly wanted my money back for that game as I couldn't enjoy the game at all.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I had that at the Penguins game back in October. No word of a lie the dude in the seat to my right was 300+. I was snuggled into my buddy all evening as the big dude overflowed into my seating area. Not a season ticket holder thankfully but I honestly wanted my money back for that game as I couldn't enjoy the game at all.

I sympathize with those very large people. I don't like the idea of discriminating against them. But it is really unfair to the poor guy in the next seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad