Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Whatd u guys expect?
You arent getting prime 2 way plekanec.

Hes washed up offensively
Be happy with his defensive game.

I'm sure we will be. Offense is not something the Leafs are really lacking anyway. A stable defensive minded 4th line center is what we really needed and I think we addressed that. Him being a veteran and bringing a ton of playoff off experience is a nice add on as well.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
He’s been playing in Toronto for years. Maybe in another teams jersey, but let’s not argue semantics.

Go Plekky!
Not arguing anything. Didn’t understand what was meant. Don’t agree with it. But to each there own. Go leafs go!!

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I'm loving the return lololll. We ripped the leafs off. Valiev is impressive. He can be a 4/5 in like a year or 2. Plus a second.... thanks a lot!!

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Is his defensive game actually any good? People have been saying he's good defensively but unless that translates into taking dumb penalties, he didn't show it last night.

Always thought he was a mediocre scrub in Montreal and I don't think he'll change my mind.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I'm loving the return lololll. We ripped the leafs off. Valiev is impressive. He can be a 4/5 in like a year or 2. Plus a second.... thanks a lot!!
that shows how terrible your defense is. The second is a garbage pick with Berg at the helm and the leafs lost literally no assets. Enjoy the basement bud, hope Bergevin is there a long time.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron

Good luck with Valiev. He has been an AHLer for three years without much progress. Even with the Marlies he had fallen to 4th or 5th Dman prospect behind Borgman, Liljegren, Neilsen maybe even Holl. Don't know if you have ever seen him play if you have that highly rated. Seems like a nice fellow and wish him success.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
that shows how terrible your defense is. The second is a garbage pick with Berg at the helm and the leafs lost literally no assets. Enjoy the basement bud, hope Bergevin is there a long time.
Nah dude. I'm comparing the return to pleks alone and nothing else. Valiev is a good return for pleks. And we get a 2nd... which we can use to trade up.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Good luck with Valiev. He has been an AHLer for three years without much progress. Even with the Marlies he had fallen to 4th or 5th Dman prospect behind Borgman, Liljegren, Neilsen maybe even Holl. Don't know if you have ever seen him play if you have that highly rated. Seems like a nice fellow and wish him success.
True but not many enter the A at his age. Esp for 3rd rounders. He's still 22. And a chance this year to prove himself.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Whatd u guys expect?
You arent getting prime 2 way plekanec.

Hes washed up offensively
Be happy with his defensive game.

So what does that say about the rest of the team on the Habs including Drouin, Chuck if Pleks is washed up offensively?...because Pleks actually leads the Habs in even strength points and gets zero PP time...despite regularly facing top lines on a pretty regular basis at ES. Comparatively, we're using him in a 4th line role, it's night and day.

If that makes you feel better I guess, the only prize here is a very late 2nd and Timmins doesn't exactly instill confidence with it.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Laugh away. We didn't give up we couldn't afford to give.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

You probably never watched Valiev play yet you’re calling him impressive? Pump the breaks please

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Can’t believe how petty some habs fans are towards plekanic. He’s going to be fine for the leafs, he’s a 4th liner and seems to be rejuvenated. 1 bad game doesn’t change my opinion that he makes the leafs a better team.

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
He's a good hockey player. He's not physical like you sometimes want from a 4th line player, but he's sneaky dirty, which could be useful in the playoffs.

Sometimes these deadline rental deals don't work out. In the meantime, he has to be considered among the best 4th line centres in the entire league.

I would have liked to see him play 1000 games with Montreal. In a season this bad for Montreal, however, the return was too good to pass up. It's nothing great, but you take solid value wherever you can find it. And it looks better seeing all of the non- other moves Montreal made.

A small thing I liked is that Bergevin tried to accommodate Plekanec. According to reports, whatever they are worth, he didn't want to go West. Winnipeg had made a comparable offer. Bergevin tried and got a similar enough deal from an Eastern team. Small thing, but I think it counts for something.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I think he'll play the more traditional role IMO. Come playoff time it'll be harder for opposing coaches to matchup, which is a nice luxury to have. There's not a line on the Leafs that sticks out like a sore thumb that you can pin in their own zone.[/QUOTE]

JVR won't be playing in the playoffs ???

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
He's a good hockey player. He's not physical like you sometimes want from a 4th line player, but he's sneaky dirty, which could be useful in the playoffs.

Sometimes these deadline rental deals don't work out. In the meantime, he has to be considered among the best 4th line centres in the entire league.

I would have liked to see him play 1000 games with Montreal. In a season this bad for Montreal, however, the return was too good to pass up. It's nothing great, but you take solid value wherever you can find it. And it looks better seeing all of the non- other moves Montreal made.

A small thing I liked is that Bergevin tried to accommodate Plekanec. According to reports, whatever they are worth, he didn't want to go West. Winnipeg had made a comparable offer. Bergevin tried and got a similar enough deal from an Eastern team. Small thing, but I think it counts for something.
If he plays all the remaining Toronto games, he'll finish the season with 999 games.

There's a possibility he'll re-sign with the Canadiens, play his 1000th game in the NHL on opening night and play his 1000th game with the Canadiens later in the season.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
He's been awful and the cause for multiple goals against in the past 2 games. Again its only been 2 games so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But this was totally not worth

HasbeenHallzy

May 14, 2015
Sudbury
If he plays all the remaining Toronto games, he'll finish the season with 999 games.

There's a possibility he'll re-sign with the Canadiens, play his 1000th game in the NHL on opening night and play his 1000th game with the Canadiens later in the season.
Wait, so he'll have 2 1,000th ganes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad