Confirmed Trade: [MTL/TOR] Plekanec (50%), Baun for Valiev, Rychel, 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Do you really want Price to murder Bergevin ?

They should get him back on the wing. I would not jump to too many conclusions on him until we see him at his more natural position. As I said. Hockey is always changing and adapting. A Center like Plekanec does not need to be the driver. All a Center needs to do when playing with talented wingers is be the glue guy and play defence for the line. Get the puck to the playmakers. If there is a shortage of high end Centers, you can build with elite wingers and fill in the Center position with Pleky and Bozak or even Statsny types.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
He's been okay, and I am glad we have him. Was he worth a 2nd? I never thought so, but this trade was for the playoffs and I see no reason to get too worked up about it right now.

The 2nd hurts, but I am soooo grateful we kept our 1st this year.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Once again, argue with the HF members here in this thread. Do not bring others into this who are not even participating in this thread and use that as a tool to critically whitewash everyone.

If it continues, deletions will be made and people will be removed from this thread.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
His offense has been worse than I expected, but his defensive play has been fine. As far as 4th line centers go he's been good enough

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Plekanec seems like he's getting comfortable with the leafs system now. I've liked his last 2 games so if he can maintain that and chip in a little offense here and there, all will be well.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bergevin is going to use the Leafs 2nd as ammunition to acquire a garbage roster player in an effort to keep his job, so I don't think Toronto fans should worry too much about the 2nd round pick to Montreal.. moreover who it ends up with.

Reactions: HOPE

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I always thought he was a bit underrated as a Hab. Played too high in the line up, had the Canadiens had a true #1C. Pleky would have been slotted better. Bergevin will have some options. If I were him I would try to sign Bozak and JVR when they hit UFA as a package. Put Drouin on the right wing with those 2. And if Pleky wants to return, take a Habs discount to play #3C.

Bergevin signing a pair of vets like Bozak and JVR to big contracts would be an early Christmas present for Leafs fans :)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bergevin is going to use the Leafs 2nd as ammunition to acquire a garbage roster player in an effort to keep his job, so I don't think Toronto fans should worry too much about the 2nd round pick to Montreal.. moreover who it ends up with.

He has 4 of them this draft. 2nd rd picks are really undervalued IMO. A quick look and one will see there have been many great players picked in the 2nd rd. Better hold onto them. If Pleks re-signs with Montreal, then Bergeron will hold all the cards on this one.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He has 4 of them this draft. 2nd rd picks are really undervalued IMO. A quick look and one will see there have been many great players picked in the 2nd rd. Better hold onto them.

We all hope we will.. but our idiotic owner has likened our situation to Tampa Bay, which is one of the biggest stretches of logic ever.. and seems to be content to let Bergevin continue making a mess of things. Meaning, get back to the play-offs by any means necessary.

Those picks are collateral for another disastrous off-season coming up for the Montreal Canadiens franchise.

I'll be cheering the Leafs and Plekanec on in the play-offs.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
His offense has been worse than I expected, but his defensive play has been fine. As far as 4th line centers go he's been good enough

Can't say we didn't warn you about his offense. It vaporized god know where in the last 3 years. But defensively he,s still good no doubt

So you got him as advertised by us Habs fans. A good bottom 6 C who take defensive responsabilities , PK duties , faceoffs , shotdown assignements etc. But dont expect him to be clutch or an offensive dynamo because you will be disappointed

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
We all hope we will.. but our idiotic owner has likened our situation to Tampa Bay, which is one of the biggest stretches of logic ever.. and seems to be content to let Bergevin continue making a mess of things. Meaning, get back to the play-offs by any means necessary.

Those picks are collateral for another disastrous off-season coming up for the Montreal Canadiens franchise.

I'll be cheering the Leafs and Plekanec on in the play-offs.

I have no problem with this. When Kaberle was traded to the Bruins, he was not the same player also. And it was good seeing him win a cup on the 3rd pairing. BTW. Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand, and Lucic were all 2nd rd picks from that championship team. 2nd rders have really hidden value if you can't get a first.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Can't say we didn't warn you about his offense. It vaporized god know where in the last 3 years. But defensively he,s still good no doubt

So you got him as advertised by us Habs fans. A good bottom 6 C who take defensive responsabilities , PK duties , faceoffs , shotdown assignements etc. But dont expect him to be clutch or an offensive dynamo because you will be disappointed
yeah sounds pretty fair. I still like him better than Moore. Toronto doesn't really need offense from our 4th line center, so we should be fine

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
He has 4 of them this draft. 2nd rd picks are really undervalued IMO. A quick look and one will see there have been many great players picked in the 2nd rd. Better hold onto them. If Pleks re-signs with Montreal, then Bergeron will hold all the cards on this one.

Is the point of playing cards to hold all the cards or to try winning the game? If the Leafs win a round or 2, they may be cardless, but it will have been worth it.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Aye.

TWS is not a Jets fan either, he doesn't post on our board with any regularity. Don't bring us Jets fans into this :P

True. I am an admirer of Laine's hockey talents. And I do like some of your players a great deal. Ehlers, Connor, Roslovic, Morrisey. That's the extent of my Jets connection. Sorry if I am the source of attention for liking young Jets players I had rated highly in my prospects rankings.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
True. I am an admirer of Laine's hockey talents. And I do like some of your players a great deal. Ehlers, Connor, Roslovic, Morrisey. That's the extent of my Jets connection. Sorry if I am the source of attention for liking young Jets players I had rated highly in my prospects rankings.

Why do you keep mentioning your prospect ratings over and over again?

Your very cleary have bias for some teams and against others means that your hockey opinion will always be tainted. It's hard for anyone to take your content seriously. You should shed your bias and approach the game from a neutral standpoint if you actually want to gain street cred as someone in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad