Tampa needs caps releive and MTL needs a shake up

TAMPA : Tyler Johnson + Yanni Gourde
For
MTL : Lekhonen + Poehling + 2rd 2020 (Blues) + 3rd 2020

Tatar-Danault-Gally
Drouin-Suzuki-Domi
Jonhson-KK-Armia
Byron-Evans-Gourde

Tampa get's almost 10 mil to sign Sergachev and Cerelli while getting Lekhonen and Poehling and 2 great picks in a great deep draft like this year.
MTL get's a big upgrade on the third line.
I have to say that Gourde is not worth 5mil a year until 2025 , that being said he is almost a cap dumb.

Last edited:

Jerryvvv

Apr 4, 2020
im sure tampa would rather keep those picks,

and they don't need those scrubs either,

phoeling is looking like a career AHL'er, and lekhonen is a 3-4th liner, easy to come by

Reactions: Patagonia

Jerryvvv

Apr 4, 2020
Scrubs really ??

dude,

why would tampa want, or need either of those players?

and then give up draft picks to boot?

its not helping them one bit,

have you looked at the current standings?....tampa is doing just fine, they arn't going to go out of their way to help the habs.....even though they should after stealing sergachev from them....LOL

Stormcrow

Jul 5, 2010

phoeling is looking like a career AHL'er, and lekhonen is a 3-4th liner, easy to come by

Way, way too early to say Phoeling is a career AHL'er. While I am neither here nor there with the OP on this one, I have to say with a flat cap probably coming HF better buckle up because there will some players getting moved for little to nothing coming back.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
dude,

why would tampa want, or need either of those players?

and then give up draft picks to boot?

its not helping them one bit,

have you looked at the current standings?....tampa is doing just fine, they arn't going to go out of their way to help the habs.....even though they should after stealing sergachev from them....LOL
There is something called cap salary , you guys will have problems soon

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Hell no. Don’t want Tampa bay’s trash and cap dumps. Let them choke on their cap issues and multiple full NTC/NMC overpaid bums

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019

With the cap staying the same it is possible (POSSIBLE) that Tampa may need to pay a premium to dump those players.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Those are two smaller guys coming off pretty "meh" seasons with contracts that won't be all that easy to move. I don't know a lot about Lehkonen or Poehling, but to me, if TB got that package and solved all their cap issues in one fell swoop, it might work out pretty well for them in the coming cap constrictions? Lehkonen and Poehling don't actually have to be all that great for this to work out well for TB, do they? :dunno:

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Those are two smaller guys coming off pretty "meh" seasons with contracts that won't be all that easy to move. I don't know a lot about Lehkonen or Poehling, but to me, if TB got that package and solved all their cap issues in one fell swoop, it might work out pretty well for them in the coming cap constrictions? Lehkonen and Poehling don't actually have to be all that great for this to work out well for TB, do they? :dunno:
Lekhonen can easely replace Gourde on the third Line.
Poehling is a #25 OV 2018 and should become a 3rd liner center in the NHL.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Johnson is worth that 5mil a year i have no problem with that , Gourde on the other hand is not , but makes that trade worth it for both side.

You got it backwards. Gourde is worth his salary but Johnson isn't anymore. At 5M he's not overpaid but Gourde does a lot more to make up for the reduction in points. The past two years they've produced at a similar pace but Gourde did his in the bottom 6 while Johnson was in the top 6. Gourde still PK's and plays a really good two way game while adding physical play. Johnson does not hit and his defensive game has fallen off, he's a one dimensional winger now who plays with Point and Kucherov.

Reactions: TT1

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Horrible for the Habs.

Why help Tampa getting rid of their cap problems, AND actually send them picks along the way? Terrible idea. Look at what it took over the past few years to get rid of cap dumps around the league... Then ask yourself " Why are the Habs actually paying to get bacK cap dumps? 5M$ on 3rd and 4th liners isn't good asset management

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Horrible for the Habs.

Why help Tampa getting rid of their cap problems, AND actually send them picks along the way? Terrible idea. Look at what it took over the past few years to get rid of cap dumps around the league... Then ask yourself " Why are the Habs actually paying to get bacK cap dumps? 5M$ on 3rd and 4th liners isn't good asset management
They're are not a *big* cap dumb, these guys can still play just not worth 5 mil a year , maybe 3mil a year.
Basicly having 2 good overpay player for cheap.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
They're are not a *big* cap dumb, these guys can still play just not worth 5 mil a year , maybe 3mil a year.
Basicly having 2 good overpay player for cheap.
They might even be worth $5M in the right situation again. Just it won't be easy to move them despite that, given the likely NHL contract landscape this offseason. So if you get 2 youngish guys who might plug in somewhere and 2 2nd rounders, that's probably about the top of the marketplace, barring some stroke of luck.

BannedFromCDC

Sep 18, 2012
New Westminster
Tampa needs caps releive and MTL needs a shake up

TAMPA : Tyler Johnson + Yanni Gourde
For
MTL : Lekhonen + Poehling + 2rd 2020 (Blues) + 3rd 2020

Tatar-Danault-Gally
Drouin-Suzuki-Domi
Jonhson-KK-Armia
Byron-Evans-Gourde

Tampa get's almost 10 mil to sign Sergachev and Cerelli while getting Lekhonen and Poehling and 2 great picks in a great deep draft like this year.
MTL get's a big upgrade on the third line.
I have to say that Gourde is not worth 5mil a year until 2025 , that being said he is almost a cap dumb.

Please explain why Johnson would waive his NTC to leave Tampa for Montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad