Proposal: MTL & TAMPA

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
sorry but the Habs players are putting up better points without a Point or Stamkos feeding it to them. No gm is dumb enough to willingly trade for an overpaid winger playing on TB’s 4th line .

There is no argument for MB trading for Gourde unless Alzner is going back in return to offset the caphit.

here are the facts:

1. Habs do not need anymore small wingers. We need size.
2. Habs are not interested in overpaid wingers on long term contracts
3. Habs have a bevy of top-6 wingers. It’s not a need
4. Gourde would be on the 3rd line behind zDomi/Suzuki, Drouin, Gallagher, Tatar and Armia
5. Habs will need to maintain cap space to sign important players like Gallagher and Danault.
6. Habs need a top-4 LHD

any trade will be for a top-4 left point producing dman. Not a small overpaid winger on a terrible contract

it really is shocking that people can’t figure this out. It’s not rocket science.

Gourde also has a ntc so he is TB all the way baby! You are so lucky to have him. ;)
You must not realize how hockey works. Teams are rated by wins, not player points. If you think GMs exchange players and only look at points you are crazy. My point was proven by exactly what you said. Habs fans think success is based on points, not wins. Must be the reason why Montreal is always a caller dweller. Petry a bottom pairing dman for the Oilers gets traded to the habs for a 2nd,....he becomes their best dman and puts up points....do they make the playoffs? Nope... Chiraot likely the worst dman on the Jets comes over to the Habs....he is top three...do they make the playoffs? Nope. Phoenix (regular caller dwellers themselves) give up on one of their high picks in domi cause even them know he wasnt helpings....goes to Montreal and all of a sudden he is worth werenski??? What. Has he brought his winning ways to the habs...no playoffs....but hey he can get points. Armia was scrub that the Jets gave away cause he is a dime a dozen player that has been replaced by 20 year old rookies who bring way more to the team....in Montreal he is on the PP and is a star. Wonder why that is? Did he lead them to the playoffs...no....but hey he put up some points.

As for young players coming up...I am sure I have heard Poehling is going to be a star...Juulsen is going to be the savior...same thing was said about McCarron, scherbak, beaulieu, tinordi, leblanc, kristo, Fischer...damn where are those guys now. I am they are somewhere getting points... oh ya there was that goalie fucale who was going to be the next Marty broder. I think he is putting up stats in Germany now. Now hab young players are worth more than any player on the Jets, or worth more than players that actually put up points and win games.... those are some high value players.

Good luck with those player stats. I have had hours of laughs when I see how those stats converted to wins for Montreal. Habs are always easy to find in the standings. Look to the bottom.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
sorry but the Habs players are putting up better points without a Point or Stamkos feeding it to them. No gm is dumb enough to willingly trade for an overpaid winger playing on TB’s 4th line .

There is no argument for MB trading for Gourde unless Alzner is going back in return to offset the caphit.

here are the facts:

4. Gourde would be on the 3rd line behind zDomi/Suzuki, Drouin, Gallagher, Tatar and Armia
5. Habs will need to maintain cap space to sign important players like Gallagher and Danault.
6. Habs need a top-4 LHD

any trade will be for a top-4 left point producing dman. Not a small overpaid winger on a terrible contract

it really is shocking that people can’t figure this out. It’s not rocket science.

Gourde also has a ntc so he is TB all the way baby! You are so lucky to have him. ;)
What in gods name are you talking about? Are you saying that all Tampa players benefit from Stamkos and Kucherov feeding them points? What? Gourde with his measly 30 points would have been tied for 8th in points on Montreal. And 6th in points among forwards. He's an upgrade on pretty much half your team at 30 points. Is he overpaid? Sure. But he isn't some bum and would instantly make your team better on the ice. But you know...go for your kneejerk reactions.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
What in gods name are you talking about? Are you saying that all Tampa players benefit from Stamkos and Kucherov feeding them points? What? Gourde with his measly 30 points would have been tied for 8th in points on Montreal. And 6th in points among forwards. He's an upgrade on pretty much half your team at 30 points. Is he overpaid? Sure. But he isn't some bum and would instantly make your team better on the ice. But you know...go for your kneejerk reactions.

6. Habs need a top-4 LHD

the capspace is far more valuable to us than an overpaid small winger.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
6. Habs need a top-4 LHD

the capspace is far more valuable to us than an overpaid small winger.
Are you just ranting for the sake of ranting? None of this addresses what I said to you or what my point was. But you know what, I should expect nothing less than putting your fingers in your ears and yelling stuff at the sky.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
dude,

why would tampa want, or need either of those players?

and then give up draft picks to boot?

its not helping them one bit,

have you looked at the current standings?....tampa is doing just fine, they arn't going to go out of their way to help the habs.....even though they should after stealing sergachev from them....LOL

Nothing for nothing.
The Habs get older, get about the same production.
TB with a slight advantage, cap room+Lekhonen, maybe the
best of the bunch.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Are you just ranting for the sake of ranting? None of this addresses what I said to you or what my point was. But you know what, I should expect nothing less than putting your fingers in your ears and yelling stuff at the sky.

what I stated was the reasons why Habs would have zero interest in Gourde. Educate yourself so you can provide more useful responses please.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Your point is trying to oversell him.Gourde doesn't nothing for us so why would we trade any assets for him?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
what I stated was the reasons why Habs would have zero interest in Gourde. Educate yourself so you can provide more useful responses please.
I didn't ask why they didn't have interest. Reading must be hard. I stated that he would still be productive and one of your top players with his abysmal season. I also asked what you meant about the Stamkos and Kucherov comment which you danced around because you have no answer to it. Also, Gourde would only be top 10 point player for a team on a very few teams in league. Montreal is one of them.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Your point is trying to oversell him.Gourde doesn't nothing for us so why would we trade any assets for him?
His caphit and term would hurt us far more than his in-ice production would help. And 5 more years.... good lord.

so glad he has. Ntc! lol

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I am not selling him to you. Look at the comment i replied to. He said Gourde is garbage. That isn't true. I also stated facts, Gourde is overpaid, but he isn't garbage like some people are saying here. Also fact, he would be tied for 6th in points among forwards on Montreal. This isn't a sell to Montreal, I don't think Montreal is a good team to trade with in the first place. But my gripe is saying Gourde is a bad player, which isn't true at all.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I didn't ask why they didn't have interest. Reading must be hard. I stated that he would still be productive and one of your top players with his abysmal season. I also asked what you meant about the Stamkos and Kucherov comment which you danced around because you have no answer to it. Also, Gourde would only be top 10 point player for a team on a very few teams in league. Montreal is one of them.

he wouldn’t be anywhere near a top player. He would produce 30 pts on our 3rd line when at his best.

he wouldn’t have the same talent to work with on our 3rd/4th line as he has on TBL.

he isn’t playing in the Gallagher line and wouldn’t replace Domi/Drouin/Suzuki.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
he wouldn’t be anywhere near a top player. He would produce 30 pts on our 3rd line when at his best.

he wouldn’t have the same talent to work with on our 3rd/4th line as he has on TBL.

he isn’t playing in the Gallagher line and wouldn’t replace Domi/Drouin/Suzuki.
He's playing with Cedric Paquette and Patrick Maroon. You are saying you can't do better than that?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He's playing with Cedric Paquette and Patrick Maroon. You are saying you can't do better than that?

why does it matter? He wouldn’t be on the top-2 lines. Not paying 5.2M for a tiny forward on our 3rd line.

Jesus what is wrong with you. You know full well its a horrible option because of his caphit / contract and the fact Gourde is not a need.

Glad he has a NTC to keep him stapled to the TBL.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I am not selling him to you. Look at the comment i replied to. He said Gourde is garbage. That isn't true. I also stated facts, Gourde is overpaid, but he isn't garbage like some people are saying here. Also fact, he would be tied for 6th in points among forwards on Montreal. This isn't a sell to Montreal, I don't think Montreal is a good team to trade with in the first place. But my gripe is saying Gourde is a bad player, which isn't true at all.

That’s only true because both Drouin and Armia missed a good chunk of the season why Gourde played all the games.

In fact, Tatar, Danault, Domi, Gallagher, Suzuki, Armia and Drouin all have a better PPG ratio than Gourde this year with Lehkonen being very close (27 pts/71 games). Gourde would be our 8th best scoring forward. That’s low end 3rd line production for us.

If you like Gourde and what he brings to the table then fine. So be it. You like the guy. It’s your personal opinion. I don’t. My fellow Habs fans don’t either, so why do you keep arguing about it anyway?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
That’s only true because both Drouin and Armia missed a good chunk of the season why Gourde played all the games.

In fact, Tatar, Danault, Domi, Gallagher, Suzuki, Armia and Drouin all have a better PPG ratio than Gourde this year with Lehkonen being very close (27 pts/71 games). Gourde would be our 8th best scoring forward. That’s low end 3rd line production for us.

If you like Gourde and what he brings to the table then fine. So be it. You like the guy. It’s your personal opinion. I don’t. My fellow Habs fans don’t either, so why do you keep arguing about it anyway?
Gourde was 0.4 PPG this season on our fourth line. Your argument is moot. The issue again, I know you guys are french, but I have said this multiple times in English. My issue is saying Gourde is a garbage player, which isn't true. I frankly have said, directly to you also, I don't think Gourde is a good fit for Montreal. My gripe is saying he is garbage when that isn't true.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Could you imagine having 5.2M player on your 4th line for another 5 seasons? lol

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Gourde was 0.4 PPG this season on our fourth line. Your argument is moot. The issue again, I know you guys are french, but I have said this multiple times in English. My issue is saying Gourde is a garbage player, which isn't true. I frankly have said, directly to you also, I don't think Gourde is a good fit for Montreal. My gripe is saying he is garbage when that isn't true.

I never said he was a garbage player. Don’t get your panties in a wad! Clearly you have problems with English comprehension!

he’s an overpaid player on a bad contract.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
why does it matter? He wouldn’t be on the top-2 lines. Not paying 5.2M for a tiny forward on our 3rd line.

Jesus what is wrong with you. You know full well its a horrible option because of his caphit / contract and the fact Gourde is not a need.

Glad he has a NTC to keep him stapled to the TBL.
Again, are you just dense or do you have problems reading? Name where I have said he is a good fit for Montreal? But again, dodge my original questions. It's ok, I expect nothing less from you aside from moving the goal posts, making straw man arguments, and then complaining about something.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Again, are you just dense or do you have problems reading? Name where I have said he is a good fit for Montreal? But again, dodge my original questions. It's ok, I expect nothing less from you aside from moving the goal posts, making straw man arguments, and then complaining about something.

what is your point?. You are so combative yet have nothing worthwhile responding to.

name where I said he is garbage?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

There’s a difference between being garbage and overpaid/declining. Alzner is garbage - Gourde is overpaid. That being said, I don’t think you will find a single team that would take Gourde and his 5.2M for 5 more years, even for free.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
There’s a difference between being garbage and overpaid/declining. Alzner is garbage - Gourde is overpaid. That being said, I don’t think you will find a single team that would take Gourde and his 5.2M for 5 more years, even for free.

I agree. Even Ottawa would push back unless they could get a serious sweetener or retention. Regardless, his ntc pretty much kills that. Why would he agree to go to a cellar dweller like Ottawa when he can remain on TbL and compete.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The last three season averages:

Gourde 77games 19goals 28assists 47points 0.61ppg
Drouin 62gm 13g 25a 38p 0.61ppg
Domi 78gm 18g 36a 54p 0.69ppg
Gallagher 74gm 29g 21a 50p 0.67ppg
Tatar 77gm 22g 29a 51p 0.66ppg
Danault 68gm 11g 31a 43p 0.61ppg
Armia 65gm 14g 14a 28p 0.43ppg

Even strength scoring
Gourde 15g 23a 38p
Drouin 10g 17a 27p
Domi 16g 27a 43p
Gallagher 24g 16a 40p
Tatar 18g 25a 43p
Danault 11g 27a 38p
Armia 12g 11a 23p

For a supposed small winger Gourde played more games than any of your forwards besides Domi. He has averaged more goals than all but Tatar and Gallagher. He would be 4th in total points average and ppg. He might not be the best forward you have but he would be close to your top forwards. His 5.16AAV may seem high but Tatar and Drouin already make more than that, Tatar will want to make even more after the last two seasons. Domi will be getting much more than that this summer. Danault probably gets more than that and Gallagher will for sure. So you'll be paying all these guys more, except Armia, for slightly better production. Gourde is a very good player who gets paid appropriately. Remember the OP wasn't a lightning fan, we aren't trying to pawn him off on you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad