On a scale 1-5, how would you rate these playoffs?

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
3 / 5

Colorado-Winnipeg Game 1 was a banger, then after watching Colorado in general was fun.
Florida-Tampa was a 5 game series, but was super competitive.

VGK-DAL and BOS-TOR are quality 1st round series.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021

its okay but I really just wish round 2 is better. This is the most anti-climatic round 1 i've seen in ages, and that does include the Vegas series starting 2-0 for Vegas. I personally wish that we get that Rangers/Panthers series if possible

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I've been reasonably entertained, but I've mostly watched EDM-LAK and TOR-BOS. I might be less impressed if I'd been watching Rags Caps and Canes Isles more.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Play on the ice has been 'meh' so far 2 or 3 out 5. The local CBC station going cold when it's not Toronto or Winnipeg playing turned it into a 1 for me. This time last year I was guaranteed an Eastern and Western game daily - didn't matter who was playing. Now all I get is Schitt's Creek reruns and local news 80% of the time. Terrible

CBC only has rights for HNIC

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
I'd say 2. Not the worst, but very few games going to OT and not a lot of close series. Also, no cinderella teams and not really any memorable moments.

We're not even out of the first round, though.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Probably a 2 so far, may drop if the other series end tonight No real upsets, not much drama to this point

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
1, would have been at least a 3 if Washington won the series (with the Isles still losing) and 5 if the Isles beat Carolina with the Rangers losing to the Caps.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I’d give it a 2. 1st round is usually the best hockey of the season but I hope the best is yet to come this year.
Bolts and Panthers series was great but too short. Stars/Knights is good.
The rest are average at best with 3 of them being on the dull side.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I can't really go higher than a 3 so far.

Rangers and Hurricanes had byes because of how bad the Isles and Caps are. And then just a few that weren't all that competitive or stylistic mismatches (Edm/LA, Fla/TB, Col/Wpg).

2nd round should be stellar though.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
2, about to be atleast a 3 with boston-toronto heading to game 7. also waiting to see what happens with dallas and vegas

Reactions: Mr Positive

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
1....I can't remember the last time the first round has been so dull.

But, NHL level hockey has gotten so cold and clinical the past few years...just doesn't feel like it used to. The skill is great and all, and systems are more complex than ever, but it's missing something. The soul of the game is gone. Hockey is a sport that needs a heavy dose of chaos in it. We've been missing that with so much systems play.

KaN19

Jun 25, 2023
Not great, but another couple expansion teams and an expanded playoffs should fix things!

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
The first round is usually the best part and it's been meh... 5/8 series have gone 5 or less games, and it feels like there hasn't been a ton of overtime either. A few days ago it looked like a real possibility that not a single series was going to go 7 games, so maybe the fact we are ending up with 2 is a sign things are turning around.

So I dunno, I guess at this point I'll give it a 2, and I feel like that might be a bit generous. I think I speak for everyone here when I say the only thing that can probably salvage this thing is a Leafs' Cup.:sarcasm: Seriously though, I think 3 out of the 4 second round series look good on paper/vibes... I think Florida will make relatively quick work out of either the Bruins (meh) or Leafs (unfortunately), but the other 3 could be good/fun, so I guess I will re-evaluate in ~2 weeks time.:dunno:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
5 for teams still around, 1 for teams out???

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
I feel the refs have set a standard that ANYTHING post whistle will be called and it's overall hampering any emotions building

Mixed with some of the games being low scoring...

3/5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad