Proposal: MTL- STL

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

This is a perfect trade.

We get a LHD that is stalled.....that may blossom to what we really need.

Blues get a great, hard working 200ft player with limited offense.

The only fly in this ointment is that Lehky is a lefty winger and we are kind of shy of those. This why it's probably a no by Bbinz.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The problem with the OP's proposal is it puts the Blues at almost a mil over the cap. Otherwise, I think it is a fair swap, value-wise. Perhaps if the Blues trade Hoffman first, to make room ...

Reactions: HabbyGuy

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
To Habs: Vince Dunn

To Blues: 2nd 2021 and Joel Armia

Fair Deal?
It feels like you’ve got the nuts and bolts for a deal.

add Mete, change the 2nd to a 3rd or 4th. I doubt St. Louis wants or has need for Armia so they’d put a zero value on him. Not negative, but not positive either.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Kukak has another year so if you send kukak then send a first if not then no

Funny guy thinks Dunn is worth a 1st? Come on bud, Guy is a defensive wreck, if we want one, we could've got Ghost for a 7th...

Kulak / Mete + 3rd/4th rd pick is more than fair in terms of value. STL fans may not like it, but Habs aren't paying more than a late 2nd or a 3rd for another Marc Andre Bergeron

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We dont want Dunn keep him he's -9 on a very good team not worth it.

I'd be interested in Dunn trade but not desperate. Any sniff of a 1st rounder asking price and I'm done. Quick conversation. Dunn as a RFA next year will complicate our cap challenges in the off season as well.

Dunn is not the LD solution we need. Worth inquiring but Habs are not desperate for him. Lehkonen for Dunn straight up. We can retain where the Habs absorb a cap hit = to Lehkonen (to finish the year) if the Blues need the cap space. That's about as far as I would go.... might add a 3rd rounder but talks of a 1st or 2nd? Keep him or try with another team. We are not that high on Dunn

Another option is Mete plus 3rd for Dunn but the Blue retain where we get Dunn to finish the year on Mete's cap hit. Both the Blues and Habs need to think of each others cap space in any trade

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Funny guy thinks Dunn is worth a 1st? Come on bud, Guy is a defensive wreck, if we want one, we could've got Ghost for a 7th...

Kulak / Mete + 3rd/4th rd pick is more than fair in terms of value. STL fans may not like it, but Habs aren't paying more than a late 2nd or a 3rd for another Marc Andre Bergeron
You can take your more than fair and go get someone else. Blues say no

Reactions: Blueston

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I'd be interested in Dunn trade but not desperate. Any sniff of a 1st rounder asking price and I'm done. Quick conversation. Dunn as a RFA next year will complicate our cap challenges in the off season as well.

Dunn is not the LD solution we need. Worth inquiring but Habs are not desperate for him. Lehkonen for Dunn straight up. We can retain where the Habs absorb a cap hit = to Lehkonen (to finish the year) if the Blues need the cap space. That's about as far as I would go.... might add a 3rd rounder but talks of a 1st or 2nd? Keep him or try with another team. We are not that high on Dunn

Another option is Mete plus 3rd for Dunn but the Blue retain where we get Dunn to finish the year on Mete's cap hit. Both the Blues and Habs need to think of each others cap space in any trade

Blues don't need mete and a 3rd. Don't like it move on. Lol

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
You can take your more than fair and go get someone else. Blues say no

There's a guy who'll have to leave fantasy land if he thinks Dunn can get them a 1st or 2 X 2nd rd picks...

Habs will gladly move on and grab Dunn once the Blues put him on Waivers or lose him to Seattle

Reactions: Ted Hoffman
Dec 15, 2002
We already have Krug on LD and Perunovich in the system. We really don't need another 5'9" LD.
We do need more blueline depth in the system. I agree, I don't want it all to be 5' 9" guys.

This is a perfect trade.

We get a LHD that is stalled.....that may blossom to what we really need.

Blues get a great, hard working 200ft player with limited offense.

The only fly in this ointment is that Lehky is a lefty winger and we are kind of shy of those. This why it's probably a no by Bbinz.

That's a terrible trade IMO for the Blues. Even for all of Dunn's flaws, you could say "he's 24, he's got an offensive side to his game that still has room to grow, put him with the right guy and the right coach to improve his defensive game and he could blossom into a very solid 2nd-pairing guy who gets PP time and is effective there." Lehkonen is exactly as you described: offensively limited. We don't need any more of those, we've got 17 of them between the roster, the taxi squad and the farm system. Adding a pick doesn't make it better.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
There's a guy who'll have to leave fantasy land if he thinks Dunn can get them a 1st or 2 X 2nd rd picks...

Habs will gladly move on and grab Dunn once the Blues put him on Waivers or lose him to Seattle

Why are we putting him on waivers? Making a comment about another poster leaving fantasy land than making that comment is silly.

And from a team management perspective we are going to lose Dunn or Sundquist to Seattle. Are we better off losing both and have a 2nd round pick to show for it or keep 1 of those two players?

From my perspective it makes more sense to understand you are going to lose 1 decent player? I would rather not lose both with mid second to show for it. I would never trade Dunn and Sunny D for a 2nd rounder

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Why are we putting him on waivers? Making a comment about another poster leaving fantasy land than making that comment is silly.

And from a team management perspective we are going to lose Dunn or Sundquist to Seattle. Are we better off losing both and have a 2nd round pick to show for it or keep 1 of those two players?

From my perspective it makes more sense to understand you are going to lose 1 decent player? I would rather not lose both with mid second to show for it. I would never trade Dunn and Sunny D for a 2nd rounder
Same goes for the Habs. Trading for Dunn means we'd lose him to SEA instead of losing one of Byron or Chariot, makes no sens to hand out 2nd rd picks like candies for a guy who's a trainwreck in his own zone, and losing him to SEA after

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Same goes for the Habs. Trading for Dunn means we'd lose him to SEA instead of losing one of Byron or Chariot, makes no sens to hand out 2nd rd picks like candies for a guy who's a trainwreck in his own zone, and losing him to SEA after

Then there is no deal to be made. Blues fans didn’t start the thread. I get your position, but that doesn’t mean the Blues should make a bad trade for no other reason then to help the Habs this season.

Maybe something to revisit after the expansion draft.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
To STL: 2nd, 3rd, X pick
To X: Armia

Alternatively:
To STL: 2nd, 3rd, Kulak
Winnipeg would take Armia back and fill that X position, but after the XD.... what’s the ask from MTL?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Winnipeg would take Armia back and fill that X position.... what’s the ask from MTL?

Whatever STL want its to be. The more I think about it, the more I think we can get more value from Armia in a separate deal and add some other pick to STL.

Winnipeg is not a good direct partner for Montreal as the area of need we have left is LHD. As a pure cap clearing move, I'd ask a 1st from Winnipeg as we will be PO opponents within the first two rounds.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
The problem with the OP's proposal is it puts the Blues at almost a mil over the cap. Otherwise, I think it is a fair swap, value-wise. Perhaps if the Blues trade Hoffman first, to make room ...

We can take Blais or Sanford and we add a little contrat to make the cap work for both

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Whatever STL want its to be. The more I think about it, the more I think we can get more value from Armia in a separate deal and add some other pick to STL.

Winnipeg is not a good direct partner for Montreal as the area of need we have left is LHD. As a pure cap clearing move, I'd ask a 1st from Winnipeg as we will be PO opponents within the first two rounds.
A 1st won’t happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad