Proposal: MTL- STL

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
My guess is blues would want a first (I think that was the asking price)

edit: Dunn for mete swap?

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Armia has positive value. There would be many teams that would take him for a mid round pick around the league.

He just doesn’t serve a purpose on the blues. I understand Montreal needing to shed a little money but if Dunn would be going from the blues it would mean they have someone coming back from elsewhere to take his place....that is unless they feel walman and mikkola are ready for it.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Salary cap would be an issue unless they have shut Parayko down for the year. If I'm reading it right, that would put them $800K over. Plus, where do they put him?

I see. Didn't realize the Blues had absolutely no cap space at all when making this proposal. That's a fair point. Just seems a little expensive from a value standpoint to the habs.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Maybe then we can move Armia somehere else for said pick and then just trade for Dunn with the 2 2nds? So it would be to Mtl - Dunn plus whatever we get for Armia and then two 2nd's to Stl?

this I would say yes to as St. Louis.

Dec 15, 2002
I’d do lehkonen (400,000) retained and a third for Dunn . That would be it . This would be a last minute deal to after several other options are explored first .
I think you're underrating Dunn a little, but I also get that I think he's not a fit everywhere. I also think Dunn isn't the kind of guy worth a 1st. Is he a 2nd? Probably. Mid-to-late, heavier emphasis on late, if you think you can take advantage of his offensive skill and unleash it and you've got a defensively strong defenseman you can put him with.

To the OP: I don't see us shipping Dunn for an impending UFA, even if it's with a 2nd. I think the more likely scenario is the oft-described "hockey trade" which probably means "trade in the offseason" and even then I think it gets complicated because I don't see a "good" trade with Montreal out there involving Dunn. I was going to suggest something with Dunn and Zach Sanford, but I still can't see something that makes sense for both sides.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
He just doesn’t serve a purpose on the blues. I understand Montreal needing to shed a little money but if Dunn would be going from the blues it would mean they have someone coming back from elsewhere to take his place....that is unless they feel walman and mikkola are ready for it.

To Habs: Vince Dunn
To STL: 2nd, 3rd, X pick
To X: Armia

Alternatively:
To Habs: Vince Dunn
To STL: 2nd, 3rd, Kulak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad