Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Habs sign Cole Caufield to ELC (3 years, $880.833k AAV)

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
It's unfair to Cole to expect him to jump from the NCAA to the NHL and produce right away. Would be great for MTL, but to expect him to come into a new team, country, and much better league without an adjustment period is unrealistic.
Brock came straight from the frozen 4, in his draft+2 and 5 goals in 9 games Quinn had 3 points in 5 games in his D1 season at 19, Cale in hisD2 jumped right into the playoffs. Most high-end college players are turning pro after their sophomore season and join the team for the end of the season.
Players like it since it burns a year of their ELC and gives them a taste allowing them to gauge what they need to work on. Just give him sheltered mins and some pp time and let him work his way up

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
They still have a deep roster
So do the Americans lol. Anyway I don't really want to debate with you 'cause you're just trolling. You're getting beat like a rented mule by everyone in this thread.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
and I'm just saying you have no f***ing idea what the word unbiased means
Of course he doesn't. 5 points in the WJC means that you'll never amount to anything. Just ask Rantanen and Pasternak among many others who had only 5 points or less as 19 year olds.

I wonder how many points Marner had, oh wait only 6 points? Yeah, he'll never make it in the NHL:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsAddict

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Anyone wanna make a bet? I bet Caufield doesn’t crack 20 points in nhl and/or plays more then 150 games.

He looked like he couldn’t even crack team Canada’s roster in the u20s
Not only would I take that bet I'll give you 5 to 1 odds at whatever price you choose. That's to say if you bet $10 and you're right, I'll give you $50.

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Success at the WJC is dependent on finding chemistry quickly. Caufield was asked to carry a young C in Berniers rather than play with Zegras and Turcotte. Cost him some production but doesn’t hurt his future whatsoever.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Let's gooo

Hope they put him in the A first though and not rush him like they do with most their prospects.

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Mighty Mouse 1

Theoren Fleury

RW | 5' 6" | 182 lb
Stats for Years 1989 to 2003
GP-1084; G-455; A-633; PTS-1088.

Mighty Mouse 2 :) ???

Cole Caufield

RW | 5' 7" | 162 lb
Stats for Years 2021 to 20??
GP-????; G-???; A-???; PTS-????.

Who will win? :popcorn:

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Let's gooo

Hope they put him in the A first though and not rush him like they do with most their prospects.

Already confirmed he's starting there. I saw a post that says after mid-April their schedule is pretty light so he may get a trial run of a few games there and if he's doing really well, get called up for the Habs.

Especially since our schedule is so condensed because of COVID, he could rotate in and out of the lineup to give some veterans a bit of a break.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Mighty Mouse 1

Theoren Fleury

RW | 5' 6" | 182 lb
Stats for Years 1989 to 2003
GP-1084; G-455; A-633; PTS-1088.

Mighty Mouse 2 :) ???

Cole Caufield

RW | 5' 7" | 162 lb
Stats for Years 2021 to 20??
GP-????; G-???; A-???; PTS-????.

Who will win? :popcorn:

Theo wins, but I hope Cole will get close to him.
If Cole is only half exciting player Theo was, it will be a big win for Habs.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Success at the WJC is dependent on finding chemistry quickly. Caufield was asked to carry a young C in Berniers rather than play with Zegras and Turcotte. Cost him some production but doesn’t hurt his future whatsoever.
Uh, no. This is just an awful take. Boldy was the alpha on that line and Caufield certainly wasn't asked to carry a future top 3 pick. That's not something he's capable of doing.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Uh, no. This is just an awful take. Boldy was the alpha on that line and Caufield certainly wasn't asked to carry a future top 3 pick. That's not something he's capable of doing.

Well, he did carry 2 guys with no hockey future to be top20 ppg at the NCAA level.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Boldy is a nice player, but let’s be real, he’s a complementary guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad