Proposal: MTL - DET

Status
Not open for further replies.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Hello,

Here's a proposal that I find could actually work in favor of both teams. Montreal Adds a RW piece that fits in perfectly in their top 6 and is in like with the current trajectory of the team. Detroit gets added chance at lottery pick + a solid prospect & pick to help their rebuild. Thoughts?

Det: Anthony Mantha
MTL: #8 (unprotected) + Struble + 2nd

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
In my opinion there's a clear drop off in the draft after 6/7.

Laf
Byfield
Stutzle
Drysdale
Rossi
Raymond
Perfetti

No point in trading a young top-6 winger for whoever is available after that.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

Laf
Byfield
Stutzle
Drysdale
Rossi
Raymond
Perfetti

Your wrong and Montreal doesn't make this trade.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

Laf
Byfield
Stutzle
Drysdale
Rossi
Raymond
Perfetti

Holtz, Askarov, Quinn, Lundell aren't very far from the last few names on your list IMO.

Reactions: lilidk

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
montreal doesn't touch this
Why do you say that? Obviously we are giving up a good amount of futures but Mantha is a bonafide top line RW who's 25 and seems to just be hitting his prime (with room to grow)
He's also a menacing goal scorer and excellent powerplay presence. Why exactly are you saying the habs don't touch this?

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Noway Detroit does this we need scoring help now, Not 3 to 4 years in the future when that pick is likely ready. Detroit's not in position to make a deal like that unless we draft Lafreniere.
Scoring help now? Detroit is by far the worst team in the league and atleast 3-4 years away from being competitive. Even their prospect pool isn't anything impressive in terms of top 6 forwards and top 4 D. If they get lucky they come away with the top pick (Lafreniere) but even then, this team is going nowhere with their current roster.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Mantha's not getting traded anytime soon.

He's going to have a reasonable contract because his production has been hampered by his injuries and he's been outstanding at times. You can't give up on him until you know he can't stay healthy or he can't play consistently, then you deal him for what you can get before his RFA years expire if you don't want to lock him up long term.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto

Laf
Byfield
Stutzle
Drysdale
Rossi
Raymond
Perfetti

You forgot Holtz it drops after 8th thats why I'm praying montreal doesn't drop

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Makes sense for Detroit. They’re still a couple years away from looking to contend. Might as well get a player who is closer to the age range of their core.

Reactions: alasania94

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
I wouldn't do this as a habs fan. Value is close but if montreal stays at 8th OVA I rather keep the picks and prospect. If montreal drops 1,2 or 3 spots id do

1st round pick 2020, 2nd, ( b/ b- prospect).

I'd be happy with any of lafreniere, Byfield, Raymond, Stutzle, Holtz, perfetti, Rossi, Drysdale.

Reactions: Benstheman

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Scoring help now? Detroit is by far the worst team in the league and atleast 3-4 years away from being competitive. Even their prospect pool isn't anything impressive in terms of top 6 forwards and top 4 D. If they get lucky they come away with the top pick (Lafreniere) but even then, this team is going nowhere with their current roster.

Like half their roster is turning over next season. Detroit's young roster players and top prospects are better than you seem to think, don't be surprised if they start moving toward being a playoff team in the next couple years. It's strange that most people don't seem to comprehend that Detroit was really bad because of all the dead weight vets like Howard, Nielsen, Abdelkader, Filpulla, Ericsson, Daley, etc, etc. The young, core roster players Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Hronek, Zadina were bright spots. Add in a top D prospect in Seider, a potential franchise F in Laf, Byfield, or Stutzle + 5 more top 70 picks in 2020, some good prospects that could hit such as Veleno, McIsaac, Tuomisto, Rasmussen, Mastrosimone, Berggren, Soderblom, Petruzelli and there's some promise there.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If Mantha was to be traded, considering the RFA raise he will get this would be pretty close to best of what Detroit could get.
Only way Montreal make trade is if Mantha as seen as missing piece to get to 90+ point season. They would need other moves to get there.
Pretty close value wise.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
If Mantha was to be traded, considering the RFA raise he will get this would be pretty close to best of what Detroit could get.
Only way Montreal make trade is if Mantha as seen as missing piece to get to 90+ point season. They would need other moves to get there.
Pretty close value wise.

Value wise sure. Fit? Not for Detroit.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Why do you say that? Obviously we are giving up a good amount of futures but Mantha is a bonafide top line RW who's 25 and seems to just be hitting his prime (with room to grow)
He's also a menacing goal scorer and excellent powerplay presence. Why exactly are you saying the habs don't touch this?

Bergevin has shown he's not trading futures, he's never traded a 1st round pick so there's no way with the draft at home he's trading the 8th OA if that's where they end up. Granted getting a local would win him points with the media and some fans but after doing that in the Sergachev trade, hopefully he never does that again and learned from his stupid mistake.

Struble is way too much of a wild card to consider trading at this point. He could be the Habs best prospect or never amount to anything so unless MB changes course and tries to win now, I can't see him trading a top 10 pick, a top 10 prospect and a 2nd round pick.

He's done nothing but add cheap band aides in the past year or more. So unless something changes I can't see him selling futures after saying they are looking to add futures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habitant le colon

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Stauble is such an interesting prospect. The best athlete in his draft. Strong. A raw talent that needs time to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad