Confirmed Trade: [MTL/DAL] Denis Gurianov for Evgenii Dadonov (50% retained)

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
Gurianov has great speed and a wonderful release, but very limited hockey sense. I’m not sad to see him go, but also not sure the return fits. DeBoer is familiar with Dadonov, though, so maybe that is part of this.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Lots has happened then this season
Last time i checked, Gurianov was good!
- playing well and producing

I admit i havent followed him at all this season 🤷‍♂️

19-20 : 26 goal, 11 assist, 37 point pace
20-21 : 18 goal, 27 assist, 45 point pace
21-22 : 11 goals, 31 points, in 70 games

Kinda hasty to trade a player who has struggled for half a season...

Dadonov : 185 points for the Panthers in 3 seasons, scored 20 goals, 43 points, in 76 games last season for Vegas.

Kinda strange that they both would have all of the sudden started to suck 🤷‍♂️

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Captain Hughes, this is Private Gurianov reporting for Tank Service sir!

OgogfN7.png

• Haha
Reactions: Bouboumaster

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Lots has happened then this season
Last time i checked, Gurianov was good!
- playing well and producing

I admit i havent followed him at all this season 🤷‍♂️

19-20 : 26 goal, 11 assist, 37 point pace
20-21 : 18 goal, 27 assist, 45 point pace
21-22 : 11 goals, 31 points, in 70 games

Kinda hasty to trade a player who has struggled for half a season...

Dadonov : 185 points for the Panthers in 3 seasons, scored 20 goals, 43 points, in 76 games last season for Vegas.

Kinda strange that they both would have all of the sudden started to suck 🤷‍♂️

Well Dadonov will soon turn 34. Not to mention, he's a complementary piece, and absolutely NOT a play driver.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
He is an RFA with a $3M QO.. I'd rather a pick.
What kind of pick would Montreal have got? A 5th? Maybe? The odds that 5th round pick, or worse, amounts to anything are slim. Gurianov may not work. He may not sign another NHL contract. He aligns with part of Hugo's philosophy of obtaining prospects or young players that they believe they can work with. IMO, this is less of a gamble than a mid to late pick.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Dadonov is one of the softest players ever to don a Habs jersey. Why would Dallas want him? Strange.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Dadanov sucks, would rather have Gurianov. He's been passed around the league like a cheese platter.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
What kind of pick would Montreal have got? A 5th? Maybe? The odds that 5th round pick, or worse, amounts to anything are slim. Gurianov may not work. He may not sign another NHL contract. He aligns with part of Hugo's philosophy of obtaining prospects or young players that they believe they can work with. IMO, this is less of a gamble than a mid to late pick.

You have 20 games to "work" with Gurianov, then you need to sign him to a $3M deal.. you are renting a player while not in a playoff position I'd rather a 5th and have a 0.005% chance of an NHL player than a guy who is gone in 60 days but you do you.

(Assuming a pick is even on the table, which it probably isn't TBH)

Reactions: Habs 4 ever

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You have 20 games to "work" with Gurianov, then you need to sign him to a $3M deal.. you are renting a player while not in a playoff position I'd rather a 5th and have a 0.005% chance of an NHL player than a guy who is gone in 60 days but you do you.

(Assuming a pick is even on the table, which it probably isn't TBH)
We don't have to qualify him and can resign him at a cheaper contract if needed.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I thought dadonov would have 0 value. Is gurianov a bust or what?

Montreal certainly didn’t lose this deal but oh boy are there some strange overreactions about a player who has gotten so bad that he is on pace for 3.5 goals and plays 9 minutes a night.

Gurianov won’t hurt your tank at all Habs fans. No worries there.

Dadonov with retention has value, the deal gives more space (half a million) to Dallas to make more moves and they gives someone who seem to not be in the plan anymore for someone who get a fair chance to rebound. Worst case scenario, Dadonov becomes a healthy scratch and you still save money.

Montreal can give a lot of chance to Gurianov until the end when Dallas doesnt have the time to deal with that on a playoff run.

So its a scratch my back and I will scratch your later IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad