Confirmed Trade: [MTL/ARI] Christian Dvorak for 2022 1st round pick and 2024 2nd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
It’s more than Zone starts it line matching. Danault took the brunt of the hard match ups. Now Suzuki has to step up into much of that role doesn’t he? Life gets a lot harder when you are trying to get the puck from 1st liners than 2nd and below.

You might be right on my opinion on Poehling and Evans because it could be much lower. To me Poehling is an AHL call up and Evans is a complete amateur who can’t skate with his head up.

In the Stanley Cup finals, the Habs coaching staff benched Kotkaniemi and played Evans. Should tell you how they feel about Evans, who like most players doesn't expect to get hit after scoring a goal. I don't know why everyone thinks Poehling is a bust. He's 22 and just had a great season in the AHL.

As for Suzuki, he can handle other teams' first lines just fine. Did you think Danault was on the ice 100% of the time the opposing team had their first line out? It just doesn't work out that way. Suzuki acquitted himself very well.

Reactions: glenbuis and HabsQC

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
You have a dollar. Someone gives you a dollar for your hat. You have two dollars. You go and buy another hat for a dollar. You have one dollar. You didn’t get the hat for free

Exactly. You got your hat for a hat. You didn't get your hat for a hat plus a dollar.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
In the Stanley Cup finals, the Habs coaching staff benched Kotkaniemi and played Evans. Should tell you how they feel about Evans, who like most players doesn't expect to get hit after scoring a goal. I don't know why everyone thinks Poehling is a bust. He's 22 and just had a great season in the AHL.

As for Suzuki, he can handle other teams' first lines just fine. Did you think Danault was on the ice 100% of the time the opposing team had their first line out? It just doesn't work out that way. Suzuki acquitted himself very well.

Yeah I mean no one is suggesting the Habs have the best centre depth in the league but Evans made Danault replaceable (at Danault’s price tag) and we currently have a 1-2-3 that is pretty clear, with the possibility of a battle between Poehling and Paquette for 4th line centre. It’s a very very young centre line but that’s fine.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
What did the Canes offer for KK? I'd be shocked if it was a 1st and a 3rd. Anything less than that and of course they would turn it down. The Habs still had some faint hope that their #3 pick would turn into something worthwhile.
And what do you mean the Canes are going to take the Habs pick? I think you are confused... it was the Canes that gave the Habs a couple of picks... two more than they had before all this went down. I suspect the Habs are going to do very well in the 2022 draft with all those picks they now have.
And bonus... they've upgraded their fwd lineup this year with another fine player in Christian Dvorak.

Arizona is going to take your draft pick not the canes

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
Where do you come up with this nonsense? He’s scored over 30 the last two 82 game seasons and was on a 33 goal pace last year and a 31 goal pace the year before. There’s no downward trend.

I have to agree with le_sean. Gallagher is nearing 30, and he has to wear a tinted visor because he didn't give himself enough time to heal from his concussion. There is a high risk that he Shaw's himself out of the league. One just can't ask that much out of their body without facing repercussions.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Congratulations, your barely .500 team that won 24 games squeaked into the playoffs on the back of pandemic shaped divisions and got hot/lucky at the right time. Nashville won 31 games and was a plus 2, not a minus last season.

The point is, in a regular season, Montreal misses out on the playoffs and clearly. They're behind Tampa, Boston, Florida, and Toronto in just their own division. They didn't " earn " a spot this year, more like lucked into it.
I'm not sure what the point of this creative story is – it's not analysis, it's not facts, it doesn't reflect reality, it's not what actually happened. It's like some angry alt-playoffs screenplay. The Habs were much better than you expected – you want it to be the team's fault rather than the fault of a bad prediction. Okay.

On the other hand, I don't need to invent or spin anything. I just have to point to the facts.

Last edited:

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
More excuses. Nashville also gave up more goals than they scored last season AND the season before, along with Columbus and Calgary.

How about another number: Montreal had the 2nd best possession stats in the league. That's considered a key indicator of playoff teams.

I don't understand what the point of this argument is. You must realize there are examples of weak divisions/weak stats/injuries almost every year. Want to go back season by season and disqualify past playoff teams based on random definitions? Good luck. Until then, Habs earned a playoff spot and earned being in the SCF, just like plenty of unexpected teams did before them.
I don't think either will make the playoffs .

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Doubtful. The Habs broke a number of franchise records in the "Most number of losses to..." type mold under Bergevin's supervision and he came out Scott free. Not even a stern eye from Molson. I doubt this mess had Molson even remotely thinking it was MB's fault. And considering the Habs just went to the finals, I doubt there is anything MB could do to get himself fired. He probably has a lifetime lease as GM with the team now.
Let me guess, this Molson guy was the son of a son of someone? They tend to view performance issues differently than their forebears who had to build the company

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I think this is a really solid deal, fair for both parties. Dvorak is a great player, he'll probably fit in well in Montreal. Very entertaining week :)

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
Did you miss the part where Arizona gets the better of the two #1 picks when no other team would offer a first?

Could be as high as second overall.
Practically the only way Carolina can get the number 2 is if Montreal gets number one and the number two in the lottery. Ridiculous comment

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Don't get the whole Habs will finish bottom in tne standings.

Habs will be better than everyone expects.

They will finish 3rd in the atlantic behind Tampa and Florida.

Mark my words.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
All I know a first and a 2nd for Dvorak is one hefty price.
So a 20th and a 50th pick is the approximate price give or take, noting a minimum of ten bad teams in the league. The 50th is in 2023 so in some camps a near third pick due to the deferral. You get a cost controlled 25 year old center who can play pp and pk , good on face offs , decent size and can by all accounts plays a 200 foot game. Tell me, for the love of god, what do you think the price should be??

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
Keller scored 35 points last year. Kessel was better but still a sharp decline from his PPG seasons in Pittsburgh. Hall might be the most overrated forward in the league.

Not sure what all this is supposed to mean in reply to my post about the 3 being good players, you just stated random facts/pretty reasonable, imo, subjective opinions?

Or maybe 35 point seasons, sharp declines in PPG from seasons past with specific teams, and being arguably one of the most, if not the most overrated players makes players "bad", and this is understood. If so, again, I think I don't understand what good means. I'm under the impression Keller, Kessel, and Hall are good hockey players. I also don't disagree with anything you said. Not sure if it was meant to imply they aren't good, if so... how does that work exactly?

I can think of a lot of good players that are overrated, or a lot of good players who have had 35 point seasons, or a lot of good players who previously played in Pittsburgh, continued their career elsewhere, ended up having a big decline, and were all good players. It's a very oddly specific criteria imo. Especially the being overrated part. It's weird that if a lot of people think someone is better than they are, that they are not good. Unless you were just stating random facts and opinions for no reason in reply, in which case okay, I guess, thanks for sharing that info. I agree with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad