Confirmed Trade: [MTL/ARI] Christian Dvorak for 2022 1st round pick and 2024 2nd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Practically the only way Carolina can get the number 2 is if Montreal gets number one and the number two in the lottery. Ridiculous comment
carolina isn't getting anything . arizona will receive the better pick only if it's from number 11 down to 32

anything from 10 to number 1 montreal gets the better one

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
So which of the following teams are going to pass Montreal in standings this season:

Arizona
Buffalo
kings
Ducks
Sharks
Sens
Blue Jackets
red Wings
flames
Devils

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not sure what all this is supposed to mean in reply to my post about the 3 being good players, you just stated random facts/pretty reasonable, imo, subjective opinions?

Or maybe 35 point seasons, sharp declines in PPG from seasons past with specific teams, and being arguably one of the most, if not the most overrated players makes players "bad", and this is understood. If so, again, I think I don't understand what good means. I'm under the impression Keller, Kessel, and Hall are good hockey players. I also don't disagree with anything you said. Not sure if it was meant to imply they aren't good, if so... how does that work exactly?

I can think of a lot of good players that are overrated, or a lot of good players who have had 35 point seasons, or a lot of good players who previously played in Pittsburgh, continued their career elsewhere, ended up having a big decline, and were all good players. It's a very oddly specific criteria imo. Especially the being overrated part. It's weird that if a lot of people think someone is better than they are, that they are not good. Unless you were just stating random facts and opinions for no reason in reply, in which case okay, I guess, thanks for sharing that info. I agree with it.
That’s a lot of typing without really saying much.

If you started three polls here asking if Keller, Kessel and Hall are good players, I’d imagine only Hall might be considered one.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
They lost a 21-year-old 6'2 center that they selected with a lottery pick three years ago and then proceeded to use the pick received as compensation to acquire a 26 year old who helps them be a bubble team over the next four seasons.

'Cost controlled' is such a buzzword. Particularly when the team is essentially capped out over the next three seasons. What is Marc Bergevin even doing?
Did you know your 21 year old had 5 goals and 20 points? Falls down like Bambi on ice? Was sheltered because he needed to be? $6.2mm is not cost controlled against a 20 point player who was scratched in the biggest game of the season

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Did you know your 21 year old had 5 goals and 20 points? Falls down like Bambi on ice? Was sheltered because he needed to be? $6.2mm is not cost controlled against a 20 point player who was scratched in the biggest game of the season
Sheltered? Julien treated Kk like a favorite child in the first year. Kept him out of tough situations and tough assignments. Then when he was given a regular role in ghe second year, he fell dead flat on his face and had to be sent to the AHL.

Yet here we are with...how great he played in the first year. I guess nobody actually watched him play and simply looked up his stats to build a baseless argument.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
My team's Finnish prospect fell down like Bambi, too. Til he came back from a year in Karpat and developed man strength.

The only reason that offer-sheet was made possible was because of how your team managed the player. And now they've got a soon-to-be 26-year-old second line center with a career high of 38 points to show for it.

As a fan of the team, you really need to ask if that's the trajectory you want your team to take. What's Bergevin even building?

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
So which of the following teams are going to pass Montreal in standings this season:

Arizona
Buffalo
kings
Ducks
Sharks
Sens
Blue Jackets
red Wings
flames
Devils

I'd say Flames and Kings could, the others would be big longshots. Habs will probably also be better than a few teams not on that list though.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
My team's Finnish prospect fell down like Bambi, too. Til he came back from a year in Karpat and developed man strength.

The only reason that offer-sheet was made possible was because of how your team managed the player. And now they've got a soon-to-be 26-year-old second line center with a career high of 38 points to show for it.

As a fan of the team, you really need to ask if that's the trajectory you want your team to take. What's Bergevin even building?
Montreal was in the finals last year. Looks like he built a winning team

Reactions: viceroy and TheFalk

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Arizona
Buffalo
kings
Ducks
Sharks
Sens
Blue Jackets
red Wings
flames
Devils
There’s two lotteries for non-playoff teams and the Habs or Canes can jump 10 spots if they miss the playoffs, so that’s presumably what the protection is for.

San Jose didn’t think it was trading 3OA away but they did.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
So a 20th and a 50th pick is the approximate price give or take, noting a minimum of ten bad teams in the league. The 50th is in 2023 so in some camps a near third pick due to the deferral. You get a cost controlled 25 year old center who can play pp and pk , good on face offs , decent size and can by all accounts plays a 200 foot game. Tell me, for the love of god, what do you think the price should be??
A 1st and a 2nd for a 25 yr old center who topped 38 points has a high in his career. I take those picks and run.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's simple. If KK stayed in Montreal I fully expected him to have improved offensive stats. Why? Because he would have been our full-time 2nd C with respected 2nd line wingers, which he hasn't been prior. But now he's with Carolina where, most likely he won't be a 2nd C with 2nd line wingers. He may be a 2nd line winger though so who knows how he'll do, albeit, so far, he hasn't played well as a winger. Who knows, he may thrive in that position with his new team.
Dvorak will take over the position that KK would have been in if he stayed a Hab. I.e. full-time 2nd line C. so, assuming what I read is correct, just like KK probably would have, I would think Dvorak will improve his offensive stats for the same reason.
Now, with that said, KK has a much better upside, so I wish we kept him but life throws curve balls and MB shat the bed. Considering the mess he got himself into, I think he did alright. I wish he just kept his picks though and tanked and see what those picks might have become though.

You really believe KK would have been used as a full time 2nd line C in Montreal next season had this week’s outcome not happened? Successive head coaches and management did not trust KK.

Remember that directive to scratch KK for the first two games of this summer’s playoffs and how it was announced as a unanimous decision by all coaches and management? Deck was stacked against KK, it would have been yet another uphill battle had he stayed. Montreal can be a brutal environment for young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $865.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark