TV: Mr. Robot (USA Network)

Puck

Ninja
Jun 10, 2003
Ottawa
heh-heh, Mr Robot is going a bit David Lynch style (Twin Peaks). I was thinking about a 'Luke I am your Father' scenario but discounted it when they insisted Elliot's dad died. Also expected a 'twisted sister' but I thought it would have been Angela his co-worker. Anyway, if Game of Thrones has taught us anything it's not to get too attached to anything or anyone. I'm going to stop trying to figure it out, just accept and go with the flow.

My take on the end, whenever it happens, is a fade to black scene like in The Sopranos. Elliot won't die, he will just get better and decide to drop his imaginary friend, us. Poof, last scene goes dark, we are abolished.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Those last five minutes!

In the beginning of the episode I was like when did Darlene meet Angela and become friends? Ending of the episode answered that ha.
Dude, I was thinking about this at the beginning too. Then I'm like oh yeah they did drugs in the park together. Then I remembered it was Shayla and I kind of just forgot about it and moved on. Crazy turn of events.

Lol @ asking for a synopsis. Darlene is Elliott's sister and it appears Mr. Robot is his dad.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
No, he's interacted with other members of FSociety when Elliot wasn't there. That scene between him and the black guy, for instance.

Yeah but that could just be Elliot imagining himself as Mr. Robot. But we can hardly think Elliot is imagining himself as Angela... not at a ballet class anyway

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Dude, I was thinking about this at the beginning too. Then I'm like oh yeah they did drugs in the park together. Then I remembered it was Shayla and I kind of just forgot about it and moved on. Crazy turn of events.

Lol @ asking for a synopsis. Darlene is Elliott's sister and it appears Mr. Robot is his dad.

Was his Dad? I'm assuming he passed away.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
There is something stated at some point about his parents passing away. He also refers to his imaginary friend in the last episode.
I know what you mean, but like I said, we really don't know what to think. Elliott forgot his own sister - he's totally delusional. How delusional he is will probably be seen in the next episode when him and Mr. Robot have that chat.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Just getting caught up as I have missed the last 2 weeks and I'm having trouble picking up the pieces of my mind off the floor.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Darlene and Angela are life long friends. But Darlene's boyfriend targeted Angela for blackmail?

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Wasn't the whole thing a set up to set up a meeting with Elliott?

Ultimately....but doesn't it seem strange Darlene would put a friend through that, including being watched naked/risking her job. All so they could met Elliot when she could have easily helped with that intro?

Also, still think Mr. Robot is Elliot.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
I got the vibe that Darlene didn't really know what was going on either, as in she was in the dark to the plan to set them up.

I also agree that Mr Robot is Elliott, his dad is all in his head

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
How so? Christian Slater's character could still be his alter ego. He's Elliott's dad, right? Could still be a figment of his imagination, if his dad is dead or whatever. After last night, we know Elliott is bat-shat crazy.

We've known for quite some time that Elliot is bat-shat crazy. If you or anyone else here wants to think this is like Fight Club because they both have lead characters that have voices in their heads and some of the shat they see may or may not be real then be my guest. This is no more like Fight Club than Fight Club was like Sybil.

And earlier people were talking about this being like Fight Club as some kind of cheap cop-out. If that's the way you still see it there's really nothing I can say except I strongly disagree.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So I'm guessing the scenes where it's just Christian Slater, we're supposed to believe that Elliot's the one doing everything,maven though it's Slater on the screen?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
another impressive episode, have really enjoyed watching this season and look forward to next weeks final. I haven't seen Christian Slater in much of anything for a while other then Windtalkers but he's done a good job in this show. Interested to see where they take this in season 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad