2015-16 NHL Maurice Richard Trophy
2017-18 NHL Conn Smythe Trophy
2017-18 NHL Maurice Richard Trophy
2018-19 NHL Maurice Richard Trophy
2019-20 NHL Maurice Richard Trophy

Only WG and ML have larger hardware.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Don’t forget that prior to that time period, he failed reach 66 goals in a season, 60 assists in a season, and his 112-point season was dwarfed by Bernie Nicholls’s 150-point season in 1989!

And during this period of generational selfishness, he failed to top the all-time selfishness in a single season shot record set by generational selfish player Phil Esposito in 1970.
No any connection with my sentence

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
2005-06 NHL Calder Memorial Trophy
2007-08 NHL Art Ross Trophy
2007-08 NHL Hart Memorial Trophy
2007-08 NHL Maurice Richard Trophy
2007-08 NHL Ted Lindsay Award
2008-09 NHL Hart Memorial Trophy
2008-09 NHL Maurice Richard Trophy
2008-09 NHL Ted Lindsay Award
2009-10 NHL Ted Lindsay Award
2012-13 NHL Hart Memorial Trophy
2012-13 NHL Maurice Richard Trophy
2013-14 NHL Maurice Richard Trophy
2014-15 NHL Maurice Richard Trophy
2015-16 NHL Maurice Richard Trophy
2017-18 NHL Conn Smythe Trophy
2017-18 NHL Maurice Richard Trophy
2018-19 NHL Maurice Richard Trophy
2019-20 NHL Maurice Richard Trophy
Smythe and Hart not deserved.

It is Richard's accumulation of trophies that make him a historic player.

But that's not enough to be considered a top 10 player of all time.

As such, a guy like Bergeron who has accumulated the Selke is at least as deserving.

And despite his goals obtained with unspectacular efficiency, he was a negative presence on the ice.

But I've already explained this and considering a player solely based on the number of goals is contrary to my perception of hockey, so I don't understand this obsession with making me give up my idea that Ovechkin is overrated.

If he hadn't gotten undeserved trophies and if there weren't people who believe he's a player of Jagr's level, I wouldn't think he was overrated.

To be overrated, you must have obtained exaggerated attention compared to the real level.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: IceBoxHockey

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
much more deserved than Sid's
also NHL robbed him 2 harts 2 rosses 1 rocket
Ovi's hardware would be second only to WG
In what world did this happen? Ovechkin has only ever been a Hart finalist in two seasons where he didn't win and there's no way in hell he deserved the Hart over Price in 2014-15. Both his suspensions in 2009-10 were well-deserved, especially his insanely dangerous season-ending cheapshot on Campbell. And the only other time he flirted with an Art Ross was in 08-09, when he missed games to visit his dad.

The NHL never robbed Ovechkin of anything.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
So, is it that easy? I can just invalidate awards with a few words?

So I can just claim Bergeron’s Selke wins undeserved? Wow, that was easy!

If it's your point of view, it's your point of view.

The concept of the topic is to talk about a player that we find overrated.

Planetov

Nov 18, 2019
If it's your point of view, it's your point of view.
But if I make such a ridiculous claim, I should be prepared for many responses, to point out the ridiculousness of the claim, not to change my mind.

No one here cares what you think about Ovechkin—we care that your reasoning is just bonkers.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
It's Matthews and it's not close.
He's barely PPG against playoffs teams.
Guy is considered by many the 2nd best player but might not even hit 100 pts this year. Also not even his team's top scorer.

Reactions: Realgud and DRW895

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
But if I make such a ridiculous claim, I should be prepared for many responses, to point out the ridiculousness of the claim, not to change my mind.

No one here cares what you think about Ovechkin—we care that your reasoning is just bonkers.

It's your opinion but we're not asking you to constantly criticize those of others but to appreciate those you find overrated.

My opinion is that Bergeron is on the same level as Ovechkin, that's how it is.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
pierre engvall---whatever rating he has is WAY too high. guy is as soft as my rotund stomach full of marshmellows, and can do less right than my shite for brains in-laws

Planetov

Nov 18, 2019
It's your opinion but we're not asking you to constantly criticize those of others but to appreciate those you find overrated.

My opinion is that Bergeron is on the same level as Ovechkin, that's how it is.
Once again, this is a message board, on which you posted your opinion—which is fine—but backed up by unsound logic—which elicits responses. It is the logic, NOT the opinion I take issue with.

Read these words carefully, to understand what I’m trying to do here:
•I do not care what you think about Ovechkin. I began this dialogue responding to a comment you made about Raymond Bourque.
•But I will continue to call into question your points (NOT opinions) used to back up that opinion when they make no sense.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Once again, this is a message board, on which you posted your opinion—which is fine—but backed up by unsound logic—which elicits responses. It is the logic, NOT the opinion I take issue with.

Read these words carefully, to understand what I’m trying to do here:
•I do not care what you think about Ovechkin. I began this dialogue responding to a comment you made about Raymond Bourque.
•But I will continue to call into question your points (NOT opinions) used to back up that opinion when they make no sense.

You have already tried to counter my arguments several times already. Other Internet users did not have to justify themselves.

Your logic is simply incompatible with mine. From my point of view, your comments are not structured. Just an obsession with wanting to contradict.

What's funny is that my arguments are a cover of Guy Boucher on RDS.

He probably doesn't know anything about hockey.

DRW895

Dec 29, 2021
You have already tried to counter my arguments several times already. Other Internet users did not have to justify themselves.

Your logic is simply incompatible with mine. From my point of view, your comments are not structured. Just an obsession with wanting to contradict.

What's funny is that my arguments are a cover of Guy Boucher on RDS.

He probably doesn't know anything about hockey.
That isn`t question like or not like certain player. That`s always personal choice.
It`s about "sober look" at reality. And that is the problem.
95% of person who wrote about 2013 and 2018 are against Ovechkin in general, no matter what happening around

Reactions: Planetov

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
That isn`t question like or not like certain player. That`s always personal choice.
It`s about "sober look" at reality. And that is the problem.
95% of person who wrote about 2013 and 2018 are against Ovechkin in general, no matter what happening around
Frankly, there is reason to contest the 2013 Hart Trophy. Crosby had the same number of points while playing 25% fewer games, a goal advantage of 26 to 2 his team was well ahead of Washington.

2018, Kuznetsov deserves it more than Ovechkin. Better stats and more activity on the ice. And there were Carlson and Holtby in other roles.

Not an emotional war. We have to stop this victimization.

Planetov

Nov 18, 2019
Frankly, there is reason to contest the 2013 Hart Trophy. Crosby had the same number of points while playing 25% fewer games, a goal advantage of 26 to 2 his team was well ahead of Washington.

2018, Kuznetsov deserves it more than Ovechkin. Better stats and more activity on the ice. And there were Carlson and Holtby in other roles.

Not an emotional war. We have to stop this victimization.
The top two paragraphs are exactly what I’m talking about. In the first paragraph you discredit Ovechkin when he had more points, and in the second you discredit him when he has less. You are clearly looking to demean his career and end up contradicting your own logic to do so.

There is no victimization. You simply make no sense.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
The top two paragraphs are exactly what I’m talking about. In the first paragraph you discredit Ovechkin when he had more points, and in the second you discredit him when he has less. You are clearly looking to demean his career and end up contradicting your own logic to do so.

There is no victimization. You simply make no sense.
In the first paragraph, I say that Crosby had as many points with 25% fewer games, a better collective record and a better presence on the ice

In the second paragraph I say that Kuznetsov had better stats and was more active on the ice. And I consider Carlson and Holtby above, beyond points.

No inconsistency. Unbelievable that I have to rewrite the same post twice to explain the same thing.

Beyond the points, as Ovechkin is above all a shooter, I don't see the reason to argue about the defensive elements as it is obvious that Crosby is in addition to the points, above.

For me, Ovechkin's strong point is precisely his stats, so if he is beaten on stats by other players, what is left to justify his trophies ?

Your comments are not structured. Just an obsession with wanting to contradict.

Last edited:

Planetov

Nov 18, 2019
No inconsistency. Unbelievable that I have to rewrite the same post twice to explain the same thing.
The inconsistency in your logic is clear when you take Ovechkin’s negatives at face-value, and pick apart his positives through hypotheticals, what-could-have-beens, and being intentionally disparaging.

Do you not see how disingenuous that is?

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
The inconsistency in your logic is clear when you take Ovechkin’s negatives at face-value, and pick apart his positives through hypotheticals, what-could-have-beens, and being intentionally disparaging.

Do you not see how disingenuous that is?
Still very confusing and very vague comments to ruin the topic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad