Most overrated player in the NHL?

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
It's Matthews and it's not close.
He's barely PPG against playoffs teams.
Guy is considered by many the 2nd best player but might not even hit 100 pts this year. Also not even his team's top scorer.
Yeah I hate the Leafs as a Habs fan but the best scorer in the game with 55 goals in 66 games who if he keeps going as such will break records is definitely not the most overrated player.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Yeah I hate the Leafs as a Habs fan but the best scorer in the game with 55 goals in 66 games who if he keeps going as such will break records is definitely not the most overrated player.
He is not better than McDavid, Mackinnon, Kucherov, Draisaitl or Makar.

When you are being outscored by your teammate, you cannot be considered a top 2 player in the NHL.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
He is not better than McDavid, Mackinnon, Kucherov, Draisaitl or Makar.

When you are being outscored by your teammate, you cannot be considered a top 2 player in the NHL.

Sure but it's not like everyone is proclaiming him the second best player in the NHL, I haven't seen that claim in quite a long time actually

Planetov

Nov 18, 2019
Still very confusing and very vague comments to ruin the topic.
I’ll simplify and specify:

You cited Ovechkin failing to surpass 90 points since 2010. Putting aside the obvious arbitrary threshold you set, you cited this as a negative. You took it at face-value, without discussion, evaluation, or context.

Then, you cited Ovechkin’s 2013 Hart Trophy, but did not take it at face-value. You used games-played, plus/minus, and team record to invalidate the award. In other words

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad