Moritz Seider

Status
Not open for further replies.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Relax JRR Tolkien.

If you cant see it thats fine, but youre out to lunch if you think Makar cant defend

Well, that's entirely a strawman. Or really, just straight out gaslighting. I never said he can't defend. I actually stated pretty plainly he's now an above average defender. I just said he isn't an elite defender. There's a huge difference. Choose to ignore and distort what I actually said. Makes no difference. If you can't tell the difference between Makar's ability to defend and say Pietrangelo's, or like Doughty or Lidstrom I am not sure what to tell you and only take what you say as projection.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
I made a huge post in the HOH forum about this that can be found here: Sergei Fedorov in the RS

It looked like the earliest Bowman dressed Fedorov on D was a small handful of games in January 1996. Then after the Wings acquired Murphy the next season, Fedorov finished the regular season and started the playoffs on D.

Later on in his career, he dressed on D here and there for Hitchcock with the Jackets and Boudreau with the Caps.

Yup. He was such an underrated defensive player I think. His skating was something to behold too, which I think helped him a ton on defense. He legit could have probably played in the top 4 on D for many teams. Plus he was like 6'2, 205, which helped.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I made a huge post in the HOH forum about this that can be found here: Sergei Fedorov in the RS

It looked like the earliest Bowman dressed Fedorov on D was a small handful of games in January 1996. Then after the Wings acquired Murphy the next season, Fedorov finished the regular season and started the playoffs on D.

Later on in his career, he dressed on D here and there for Hitchcock with the Jackets and Boudreau with the Caps.
I remember he played some games in 2001 or 2002 as we had many injuries. I believe it was 5ish games.

Reactions: David D and ShelbyZ

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

I don't think he ever started a game as a defenseman for the Caps because he was the 2C. He filled in as D during a couple of games due to injury and/or penalties. During the Feds' tenure, Mike Green was the only D that could move the puck.

The Caps D was so bad back then the third line center Brooks Laich took a few shifts on D too. Aside from Green, Tom Poti was the only other D that didn't belong in the AHL.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015

It would be fun to go back and watch a game or two with feds on D, any film out there?

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I remember he played some games in 2001 or 2002 as we had many injuries. I believe it was 5ish games.

I kind of remembered that too and had to look it up, but you're right. Sometime from late December to mid January when Krupp and Wallin were perpetually injured, Olausson was dealing with some lengthy flu and Kuznetsov just sucked.

I don't think he ever started a game as a defenseman for the Caps because he was the 2C. He filled in as D during a couple of games due to injury and/or penalties. During the Feds' tenure, Mike Green was the only D that could move the puck.

The Caps D was so bad back then the third line center Brooks Laich took a few shifts on D too. Aside from Green, Tom Poti was the only other D that didn't belong in the AHL.

I just remembered he did some spot duty on D for the Caps, but I think you're right, it was just within games where he was dressed at C.

It would be fun to go back and watch a game or two with feds on D, any film out there?

I had found some full games on YouTube back when I made the post I linked above, but they are all taken down now apparently. The easiest one to see otherwise would be the infamous brawl game against the Avs on 3/26/97. Fedorov played D that game (mostly with Murphy IIRC) and even got burned pretty bad on the Avs 3rd goal pinching on an 2 on 1.

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
Hes gotta be a top 10 asset in the league at this point, no?

I cant think off too many players that would want to swap Seider with 1-for-1
I’m not sure he’s there yet

mcdavid
Fox
Makar
Mackinnon
Barkov
Matthews
Drai
Aho
Zibanejad
Petterson
Point

there’s ten right there that probably get picked before mo in a fantasy draft (and definitely not an exhaustive list)

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

mcdavid
Fox
Makar
Mackinnon
Barkov
Matthews
Drai
Aho
Zibanejad
Petterson
Point

there’s ten right there that probably get picked before mo in a fantasy draft (and definitely not an exhaustive list)
I'm sure he's talking about real NHL hockey, not fantasy. Factor in salary and he's top 10. I would definitely not trade him one for one for Aho, Zibanejad or Petterson. Barkov is UFA after this season, MacKinon has one more year.

So that takes out half your list....

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I'm sure he's talking about real NHL hockey, not fantasy. Factor in salary and he's top 10. I would definitely not trade him one for one for Aho, Zibanejad or Petterson. Barkov is UFA after this season, MacKinon has one more year.

So that takes out half your list....
Barkov isn't a UFA after this season, he just signed a 8 year $80 million deal with the Panthers.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006

mcdavid
Fox
Makar
Mackinnon
Barkov
Matthews
Drai
Aho
Zibanejad
Petterson
Point

Not putting Petterson in that group right now as things stand. As a Ranger fan first and foremost (yea I know I'm in here a lot lol), I love Zibby. But he's 29, and while he's very very good, I don't think I would put him there either. I would say both of these guys are top 30. Maybe even top 20. But not top 10 for me. Ah man, I would LOVE to be able to put Lafreniere and/or Kakko in that group, but that's not happening heh.

And Point, well, I am honestly not sure either. He's great too don't get me wrong. This is a really hard thought experiment. If you're putting 29 year old guys, Hedman is only 31. Kucherov is only 28, even though he gets injured a lot.

Plus, I am definitely fitting Svechnikov in the top 20 somewhere, maybe top 10.

I guess it depends, is it building a team from scratch for like the next decade to 15 years, or is it to compete for the next 5 years? I think they'd be two very different teams. If it's the former, then I am probably putting Svech ahead of guys like Zibby and probably even Point. And honestly, even then, I am not trusting Pettersson right now as that kind of asset. I know his ceiling is high but I just don't trust he's going to reach that ceiling enough. I am also probably putting Owen Power somewhere in that mix, unless it's literally "in the league" rather than just NHL assets in general.

There are other guys that I would probably take ahead of Pettersson, Zibby, Barkov and Point if it's starting from scratch for the long haul too. And if it's for the next few years, then I am still taking Ovi and Hedman and guys like that. But I am guessing it's long term assets. In which case, I honestly might have to consider Lundell. The kid is good. Real good. And I think the sky is the limit if he can eventually move ahead of Barkov. I am taking him over Pettersson as well. And probably adding Kaprizov somewhere up there ahead of Pettersson also.

No specific order, think mine would be (excluding guys who aren't in the NHL right now like Power)

mcdavid
Fox
Makar
Mackinnon
Seider
Matthews
Drai
Aho
Kaprizov
Svechnikov

Special mention: Point, Lundell, Brady Tkachuk, Matt Tkachuk, Suzuki, Chychrun, Chabot Rantanen and I guess I would put Pettersson in this realm.

Last edited:

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Not putting Petterson in that group right now as things stand. As a Ranger fan first and foremost (yea I know I'm in here a lot lol), I love Zibby. But he's 29, and while he's very very good, I don't think I would put him there either. I would say both of these guys are top 30. Maybe even top 20. But not top 10 for me. Ah man, I would LOVE to be able to put Lafreniere and/or Kakko in that group, but that's not happening heh.

And Point, well, I am honestly not sure either. He's great too don't get me wrong. This is a really hard thought experiment. If you're putting 29 year old guys, Hedman is only 31. Kucherov is only 28, even though he gets injured a lot.

Plus, I am definitely fitting Svechnikov in the top 20 somewhere, maybe top 10.

I guess it depends, is it building a team from scratch for like the next decade to 15 years, or is it to compete for the next 5 years? I think they'd be two very different teams. If it's the former, then I am probably putting Svech ahead of guys like Zibby and probably even Point. And honestly, even then, I am not trusting Pettersson right now as that kind of asset. I know his ceiling is high but I just don't trust he's going to reach that ceiling enough. I am also probably putting Owen Power somewhere in that mix, unless it's literally "in the league" rather than just NHL assets in general.

There are other guys that I would probably take ahead of Pettersson, Zibby, Barkov and Point if it's starting from scratch for the long haul too. And if it's for the next few years, then I am still taking Ovi and Hedman and guys like that. But I am guessing it's long term assets. In which case, I honestly might have to consider Lundell. The kid is good. Real good. And I think the sky is the limit if he can eventually move ahead of Barkov. I am taking him over Pettersson as well. And probably adding Kaprizov somewhere up there ahead of Pettersson also.

No specific order, think mine would be (excluding guys who aren't in the NHL right now like Power)

mcdavid
Fox
Makar
Mackinnon
Seider
Matthews
Drai
Aho
Kaprizov
Svechnikov

Special mention: Point, Lundell, Brady Tkachuk, Matt Tkachuk, Suzuki, Chychrun, Chabot Rantanen and I guess I would put Pettersson in this realm.
Can I hire an editor for you? Jesus christ

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hes gotta be a top 10 asset in the league at this point, no?

I cant think off too many players that would want to swap Seider with 1-for-1

Pretty much think he is Top1 asset.

Best player playing with ELC.

And, is playing like 10M player with 1M ELC value = relatively Best asset in NHL.

I would raise only Jason Robertson near of him, and technically Adam Fox (still at ELC, but he kind of got bigger salary, because he won Norris and got that bonus paid at this season).

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I kind of remembered that too and had to look it up, but you're right. Sometime from late December to mid January when Krupp and Wallin were perpetually injured, Olausson was dealing with some lengthy flu and Kuznetsov just sucked.

I just remembered he did some spot duty on D for the Caps, but I think you're right, it was just within games where he was dressed at C.

I had found some full games on YouTube back when I made the post I linked above, but they are all taken down now apparently. The easiest one to see otherwise would be the infamous brawl game against the Avs on 3/26/97. Fedorov played D that game (mostly with Murphy IIRC) and even got burned pretty bad on the Avs 3rd goal pinching on an 2 on 1.

I found it. Here, the game vs the Avs

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
You just wrote one of the most fallacious takes I have ever read on any board of any kind anywhere....
Let me school you and correct you now. Because what you wrote is borderline delusional
1600+ words are then written, largely containing opinions based on subjective analysis being passed off as fact, in rebuttal to an opposing opinion.
Anyway, I think I've made my point, destroyed your silly dream, knocked your presumptions off a cliff and hopefully given you some perspective on what you think you know. Seriously.....
If I am "out to lunch", then you are on an entirely different planet.
I generally don't ad hominem. But if you read the post I was replying to, you'll see why. It was only in response to what was said to me.

What was said to you...

Youre completely out to lunch with this take.

In the words of Armitage Hux, "Do you think you got him?"

Thicken that skin, bud. And try not to accuse people of having "an aversion to reading" just because they don't want to read 1600 words with an arrogant tone and undercurrent of hubris. newfy is one of the better posters here, and portraying him as a moron is not going to endear you to many on this forum, which is probably a bad thing if you want people to actually read your essays.

checkyawself

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad