Moritz Seider

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit

The thing we were talking about a few games ago is in the entire history of the team, they've only drafted two other defenders who were on pace for more points as rookies, Lidstrom and Reed Larson. Both ended up as captains, so...a damn good pick.

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
The thing we were talking about a few games ago is in the entire history of the team, they've only drafted two other defenders who were on pace for more points as rookies, Lidstrom and Reed Larson. Both ended up as captains, so...a damn good pick.

And he just started heating up since the All Star break with 1-5-6 +7 in 4 games .

Last edited:
Reactions: DetroitRed

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
And he just started heating up since the All Star break.
Yeah, I wondered at first if it was because of who they were playing but this game made it clear. The Rangers are a real solid team this season. Assist aside, he made a statement on the defensive end. Just real smart defensive work.

I don't know if the Calder race is motivating him a lot now. Or, possibly, is it because Lidstrom's back in official capacity and has given Seider a few tips? Granted, he already had guys like Murphy around. But either way, he's already finding he can play his game and dominate.

Matter of fact, if I got to pick one between him or Trouba tonight, I'd take Seider, offensive end and defensive end. That's where he's at already as a rookie.

We're in for a treat.

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
Yeah, I wondered at first if it was because of who they were playing but this game made it clear. The Rangers are a real solid team this season. Assist aside, he made a statement on the defensive end. Just real smart defensive work.

I don't know if the Calder race is motivating him a lot now. Or, possibly, is it because Lidstrom's back in official capacity and has given Seider a few tips? Granted, he already had guys like Murphy around. But either way, he's already finding he can play his game and dominate.

Matter of fact, if I got to pick one between him or Trouba tonight, I'd take Seider, offensive end and defensive end. That's where he's at already as a rookie.

We're in for a treat.

He was even better in the 4-7 Minnesota loss the other day playing 27 minutes yet coming out with a +1. If he keeps up his pace since the All Star break at 6 points in 4 games so far, it just won't be the Calder we will be talking about. It will be the Norris that he will be contending for.

Reactions: DetroitRed

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
He was even better in the 4-7 Minnesota loss the other day playing 27 minutes yet coming out with a +1. If he keeps up his pace since the All Star break at 6 points in 4 games so far, it just won't be the Calder we will be talking about. It will be the Norris that he will be contending for.
Yeah, I mean, he can really control the game. Really hard to get him off the puck, sometimes for an entire shift it's like there's a string attached to the puck and his stick. Also, he's able to keep up with Bertuzzi's hustle and Larkin's speed just through his hockey smarts.

Reactions: cjeagle

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Last 4 games I believe he has 6 points total. Can he match Lidstrom rocky record 60 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad