Post-Game Talk: Monty shines in chippy OT loss to Greasebag Panthers!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Slaf scored again tonight so I'll break out the Slaf Moses again. Suzuki, Caufield and Pez wanted in so I added them as well. :)

Slaf.jpg

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think that was Slaf’s best physical game of his career. He was finishing checks, initiating contact, absorbing hits really well. He looked to have a target and fought through it. Very different from the player we saw last season.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
#1 in NHL for giving up SHGA
How many now? I was thinking about that earlier tonight. Suzuki takes a lot of negatives on our PP and when we pull the goaltender.
Not necessarily his fault his defensive numbers would look a heck of a lot better otherwise.

I think that was Slaf’s best physical game of his career. He was finishing checks, initiating contact, absorbing hits really well. He looked to have a target and fought through it. Very different from the player we saw last season.
Yeah he just needs to clean up some of those cross ice passes. The one he gave up on the PP was a killer.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
How many now? I was thinking about that earlier tonight. Suzuki takes a lot of negatives on our PP and when we pull the goaltender.
Not necessarily his fault his defensive numbers would look a heck of a lot better otherwise.

Yeah he just needs to clean up some of those cross ice passes. The one he gave up on the PP was a killer.

Tonight was our 10th shorthanded goals against in 60 games. That's a lot.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Once he actually realizes that he’s the biggest man on the ice, he’s going to be a freak. Watch him train and remind yourself he’s still a teen haha. I can’t wait

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Tonight was our 10th shorthanded goals against in 60 games. That's a lot.
That is a lot.
We know we don't hold the line very well and I wish we would start Matheson and Caufield on their strong sides on the PP.
We don't keep nearly enough pucks alive on the ring around when they are on their backhand.
They can work their way into a better position once we have control.
I mean it's very rare they will be firing a shot off the initial face off anyways.
Every small adjustment can help.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Roy played 8:39 and the game tonight looked too fast for him. Not a big deal as he is developing but tonight you could tell he wasn't comfortable
Yeah I know what you mean.
He was kind of quiet he did make a very good defensive play on Bennett getting his stick in the way of a clear cut chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Suzuki is becoming quite the player. What I like is he's not playing in a too intense way that will tire him out as he did last year to begin the season. It's too bad this is an off year for Caufield. He's rounding out parts of his game, but man his shot has not looked like itself this year.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I feel bad for disliking Gallagher but it has more to do with Bergevin than him. He looks really bad out there, he needs to retire but I know it won't happen.
Yeah I know what you mean. I've actually started laughing out loud watching some of his manoeuvres out there.
It's kind of sad really. I no longer get upset at his play because he doesn't have anything left to give.

I guess I should put this reply where it is supposed to go.
Sorry about that Roy I wasn't talking about you. :laugh:

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Good effort.

Nice to see Slaf back on the board. Suzuki keeps trucking along.

Sad the depth forward are just shite. Sadly stuck with all of them. Gutless is essentially the vet forwards. The Wizard of Oz line is just utterly embarrassing

Panthers are hard to like with Tkachuk flopping then acting tough. When did Cousins become just a POS. Maybe he always was, just didnt see it in MTL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad