Post-Game Talk: Monty shines in chippy OT loss to Greasebag Panthers!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Suzuki is becoming quite the player. What I like is he's not playing in a too intense way that will tire him out as he did last year to begin the season. It's too bad this is an off year for Caufield. He's rounding out parts of his game, but man his shot has not looked like itself this year.
Since the break it’s not an exaggeration to say he’s been the best player in the league. Some puck luck but his play has been awesome. Even when his linemates have been off he’s still played well and found a way to produce.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Good effort.

Nice to see Slaf back on the board. Suzuki keeps trucking along.

Sad the depth forward are just shite. Sadly stuck with all of them. Gutless is essentially the vet forwards. The Wizard of Oz line is just utterly embarrassing

Panthers are hard to like with Tkachuk flopping then acting tough. When did Cousins become just a POS. Maybe he always was, just didnt see it in MTL

He definitely didn't play like that in Montreal, or anywhere else.

He became a huge POS once he ended up in Florida.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I think that was Slaf’s best physical game of his career. He was finishing checks, initiating contact, absorbing hits really well. He looked to have a target and fought through it. Very different from the player we saw last season.
Slafkovsky played one of his best games tonight. You can see the growing confidence in his play, particularly in the overtime when Slafkovsky’s combination of size, speed, skating and hand skills allowed him to dominate. He showed MSL that he is a viable option on the second rotation after Suzuki, Caufield and Matheson. While he still makes some bad decisions ( the errant pass that led to the tying shorthanded goal) Slafkovsky, at the tender age of 19 is clearly showing that he is a star in the making.

Very few passengers tonight though Anderson continues his passive play and Roy showed he really is a rookie and that he still needs to amp up his pace against stronger, intense opponents. Both were largely invisible tonight.

Nevertheless, it was a great team effort against one of the league's stronger teams.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Monty’s retirement plan is to be a full time auctioneer.
ZUxUYIn.gif

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
Fair point. It sure isn't all about Monty and it's not like the guys will be losing on purpose... i just find there's still too much talent on the ice and indeed that is not on the players.
Wait what the f???

Listening to some of you it's like you want the team to be perpetually bad so we....draft higher?? Man...that is some BS if I've ever read it.

Last edited by a moderator:

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Overtime points. The losiest bunch of loser points a team did lose.

If we are going to lose....lose in regulation please.

Reactions: Runner77

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Oftentimes, yes. Can't be mad about this one. Team played really hard. They would have deserved a win. They definitely deserved the chance to fight for it to the very last second.
Too many here forget that watching the Canadiens is all about entertainment. I would suggest if you weren’t entertained by last night’s game you have no pulse.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Too many here forget that watching the Canadiens is all about entertainment. I would suggest if you weren’t entertained by last night’s game you have no pulse.
I missed the damn game! Watched all the highlights and very impressed. I just hate loser points. Even when entertained.

Reactions: Runner77

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Suzuki is becoming quite the player. What I like is he's not playing in a too intense way that will tire him out as he did last year to begin the season. It's too bad this is an off year for Caufield. He's rounding out parts of his game, but man his shot has not looked like itself this year.
I think it's more about the league adapting to him than it is a bad or off year.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

He's become completely useless and invisible. Before when he wasn't scoring he was at least noticeable on the ice fast and hitting people/creating chances (and missing them). Now, nothing really.

Outside of Suzuki and the top line, no one really creates anything offensively. Might get a goal here or there (rarely).

Montembault keeps them in games but if he doesn't play or gets hurt they probably wouldn't win again :laugh:

Reactions: Pomee and Runner77

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
In fairness, it's hard to judge when you see who he has playing in front of him. As the team gets better. I have a feeling you'll see another level with Monty.
He looked great at the worlds. The team was a B/C level squad and he shone through . I agree he’ll hit his peak when we are competitive

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2