Post-Game Talk: Monty shines in chippy OT loss to Greasebag Panthers!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
HbL62Vq.gif
This is my reaction to St. Louis everytime Gallagher is given icetime

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Suzuki continually puts himself in winning positions it's just too bad we can't get him the puck when he's W-I-D-E open.
Twice tonight he would have been in on clear breakaways if we could execute a simple pass.
I really wanted him to get that fourth point and become a PPG player after 60 games.

sukimono

Mar 27, 2009
PQ
Were you also pissed at Suzuki and CC for torching the league in the first half of the season which also "cost us" one of those guys?
I do love the offense. Sure, some frustrating goals at times but it's not on the same level... as long as we manage to suck in our own zone. Too many solid veterans on D. That is such bad tanking.

Don D

Oct 15, 2017
When a team relies solely on their goalie to win games, it is not a serious playoff contender. Habs are what they are, a competitive team when the goaltender outperforms the opponent. Hopefully another draft and the maturation of prospects will result in a serious playoff team.

Reactions: Tyson and Runner77

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'm kind of happy. Florida has been shit kicking us in the teeth the last 2 years. The boys finally had enough of it & came to play a hard, tough game.

Suzuki, Slafkovsky, Montembeault, Xhekaj, Guhle, Savard & Matheson all played extremely well. Newhook, Roy, Caufield, Evans & Kovacevic all had good games too.

Suzuki, Newhook, Caufield, Slafkovsky & Roy will all be part of the core moving forward. Add Dach and we have half a team upfront. We definitely need more forward depth throughout the organization.

Our specialty teams need to be fixed this summer. The PK is ugly, and while our PP has improved tremendously in 2nd half, it's #1 in NHL for giving up SHGA. We need some new assistant coaches.

Montembeault was outstanding again. I loved how we played OT for the most part. Team attacked the net.

Onto Tampa Bay.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I do love the offense. Sure, some frustrating goals at times but it's not on the same level... as long as we manage to suck in our own zone. Too many solid veterans on D. That is such bad tanking.
I just don't see why Monty is the only one getting shitted on for ruining the tank. Suzuki has been insane this year but people aren't mad at him for ruining the tank. Not to mention that it also seems like people are looking forward to Monty potentially falling apart when we are competitive.

sukimono

Mar 27, 2009
PQ
I just don't see why Monty is the only one getting shitted on for ruining the tank. Suzuki has been insane this year but people aren't mad at him for ruining the tank. Not to mention that it also seems like people are looking forward to Monty potentially falling apart when we are competitive.
Fair point. It sure isn't all about Monty and it's not like the guys will be losing on purpose... i just find there's still too much talent on the ice and indeed that is not on the players.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Barkov was my favorite prospect in 2013 draft. Slaf have potential to become that type of player in 2 years. Big player and Two-Way beast

Yeah KK have compared to Barkov aswell, but seriously. No comparison with Slaf and KK. Slaf will be a Barkov type of player for Habs!
Suzuki played him even up tonight despite giving up the shortie which was no fault of his.
He just capped off the best month of his career despite losing Monahan.
That is demonstrating awesome leadership. Great Job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad