Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ Nashville: Tuesday, March 5th, 8 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Happy for Big Mac that he found his place to be a full time NHL'er.

What happened to Mike McCarron? After a very promising 1st AHL season he totally regressed because of the AHL coaches namely Sylvain Lefebvre. So many young players regressed under that group of idiot coaches.

Reactions: Habs13

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Suzuki really being noticed by coaches and players around the league.

We have to say it, thanks Bergevin for acquiring him and also signing him long term.

I'll never understand the "he wanted Glass and got lucky with Suzuki". If he still valued Suzuki enough to make the trade, that's all that matters. It would be like saying Tampa deserves zero credit for drafting Kucherov since they took Namestnikov before and Koekkoek over Vasi.

Granted MB still sucked and I'm so relieved he's gone, but he definitely deserves the credit for that trade.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What happened to Mike McCarron? After a very promising 1st AHL season he totally regressed because of the AHL coaches namely Sylvain Lefebvre. So many young players regressed under that group of idiot coaches.

Not to mention as soon as he was going, Montreal would call him up. And Therrien was a coach who would bench you if you made mistakes. So McCarron was not developed properly.

I'll never understand the "he wanted Glass and got lucky with Suzuki". If he still valued Suzuki enough to make the trade, that's all that matters. It would be like saying Tampa deserves zero credit for drafting Kucherov since they took Namestnikov before and Koekkoek over Vasi.

Granted MB still sucked and I'm so relieved he's gone, but he definitely deserves the credit for that trade.

Exactly. Maybe he asked for Glass first and was told no and offered Suzuki instead. He still made the deal. If he was dead set on Glass, then he would have turned down Suzuki.

And by the way, at the time of the trade, Glass was putting up similar numbers in the WHL that Suzuki was putting up in the OHL. He wasn't asking for injury-prone Glass, but full-of-promise, 6th OA Glass.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
McCarron should’ve spent 4-years in college developing like Struble etc, instead of junior route, fewer GP but more practice time - he was simply too raw and the game changed dramatically 2-years post draft.

Had he remained in college & worked on his skating / edges he’d have been more prepared - he needed time to mature, align big body w skating & game of hockey

• Love
Reactions: Habs13 and Tyson

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Well then if there’s no Slaf (confirmed?) not sure what to focus on… Might need am extra puff for this one to be fun.

Hopefully there’s some weird unexpected event like happens all the time in hockey.

Reactions: Habs13 and Pomee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Man I am at a point where I dread watching the Habs when Jake Allen starts. I have much respect for Jake but he has been brutal all season. Habs stand no chance making this a competitive game.
Gotta hold the expectations to a minimum.

Ghule and Xhekaj to play well on D.
First line to continue scoring (multiple) goals.
Roy and Newhook to have an impact.

Get these and I'm happy.

Oh and that we've seen Suzuki's last giveaway on the PP. :skeptic:

Reactions: Tyson

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm stlll in Hawaii... watching the games mid afternoon has been fantastic for this old man! :naughty:
DSC_0009.JPG

Reactions: Tyson and Pomee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad