Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ Nashville: Tuesday, March 5th, 8 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Nashville is currently on an 8 game winning streak, and have demolished their opponents over that span.

They've scored at least 4 goals in every game, and have a 4.625 g/f average.

They've given up only 13 goals over that same time span: a 1.625 g/a average.

Their last game was Saturday against Colorado who they thumped 5-1.

It could just be they're on a crazy, pdo run, but the result is a solidified playoff spot. They're in WC1, and are 7 points up on 9th spot.

8-2 over last 10 officially. Specialty teams overall are below average. 18th in PP (Montreal is 21st), 26th pk (Montreal is 30th), so I guess they must be a pretty good 5 on 5 team.

8 PM start on Tuesday (eastern time zone).

Montembeault or Allen, I expect, get the net.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Nashville is currently on an 8 game winning streak, and have demolished their opponents over that span.

It could just be they're on a crazy, pdo run, but the result is a solidified playoff spot. They're in WC1, and are 7 points up on 9th spot.

8-2 over last 10 officially. Specialty teams overall are below average. 18th in PP (Montreal is 21st), 26th pk (Montreal is 30th), so I guess they must be a pretty good 5 on 5 team.

Last chance to showcase Allen before TDL?

I think we will be competitive and lose once again in overtime.

Reactions: LaP and MarkovsKnee

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Nashville was supposed to start a rebuild this year...they are currently in a wildcard spot as one of the lowest cap hit team in the league (3rd lowest).

The difference between them and the Habs: their depth is scoring and they can play defense (their players with the worst +/- is less than half of what Gallagher and Matheson have).

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Last chance to showcase Allen before TDL?

I think we will be competitive and lose once again in overtime.
Allen lets in 4 on 9 shots in the 1st period.....................there is no showcasing that guy.
All jokes aside, boy these guys are hot and the habs are holding their own with SO losses.
Got a feeling we get beat 5-3

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Nashville was supposed to start a rebuild this year...they are currently in a wildcard spot as one of the lowest cap hit team in the league (3rd lowest).

The difference between them and the Habs: their depth is scoring and they can play defense (their players with the worst +/- is less than half of what Gallagher and Matheson have).
Nashville fan here, our rebuild started with the Askarov draft. We've stayed competitive though.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

It just means Habs with an easy win.

I never believed in rebuild. There is no reason team cannot stay somewhat competitive while turning over their players. See Boston. Rebuild is just an excuse for inability to manage.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It just means Habs with an easy win.

I never believed in rebuild. There is no reason team cannot stay somewhat competitive while turning over their players. See Boston. Rebuild is just an excuse for inability to manage.
When you try to put a band aid over a sucking chest wound year after year you eventually need to do surgery.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal

The party poopers we are

Easy win

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Habs:

michael-jordan.gif

Screen_Shot_2020-10-05_at_11.51.58_AM.jpg

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
MIt just means Habs with an easy win.

What is this???? Rebuilding in the Habs case is due to bumbling fool MB leaving the team in such bad shape that there was no choice. And with well managed teams if you don't need to rebuild you probably aren't managing right. In order to win multiple Cups you have to move some of the future to add the missing pieces. So like Tampa eventually you will need to rebuild. Now if Tampa eventually moved Kucherov, Point and Vasilevsky for picks and propsects they could turn it around quickly. Habs had next to no vets worth anything to move.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
When you try to put a band aid over a sucking chest wound year after year you eventually need to do surgery.
You can have a decent team and keep adding and subtracting a player or 2 and be a middling team forever. Many owners would probably be happy with a team that made or was close to the playoffs every year but had no chance of winning a Cup.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Showcase? You mean show that he can't stop a puck to save his job. They would have done better keeping him on the bench and lie to the rest of the league. Too late for that unfortunately.
If teams are interested in Allen they won't give a damn what he is doing this season on a bad defensive team.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You can have a decent team and keep adding and subtracting a player or 2 and be a middling team forever. Many owners would probably be happy with a team that made or was close to the playoffs every year but had no chance of winning a Cup.
You mean like Bergevin did year after year which allowed us late first round picks every year? Resets or retools rarely work long term

Reactions: BLONG7

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
We could have taken Filip Forsberg in the 2012 draft, taken by Washington 11th overall. No not Montreal, we passed him over to take Galchenyuk! Who is playing currently in St Petersburg, Russia

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Hindsight is 20/20. Ten other teams passed on Forsberg
We also passed on: Morgan Reilly, Lindholm, Dumba, Trouba, Grigorenko, Faksa, Vasilevski, Helleybuck, Hertl,...etc, other teams may have passed on Forsberg, not many, but most other teams chose wisely. Still, we could have had Forsberg, just saying

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
We also passed on: Morgan Reilly, Lindholm, Dumba, Trouba, Grigorenko, Faksa, Vasilevski, Helleybuck, Hertl,...etc, other teams may have passed on Forsberg, not many, but most other teams chose wisely. Still, we could have had Forsberg, just saying
The stupidity of Washington to trade Forsberg for Martin Erat...priceless stuff

Reactions: habsfan891

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Luckily they are still in a position where they have to win that game. They are 7 points ahead of Calgary and Stl but Calgary and Stl have 2 games in hand.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino