Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ Nashville: Tuesday, March 5th, 8 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It just means Habs with an easy win.

I never believed in rebuild. There is no reason team cannot stay somewhat competitive while turning over their players. See Boston. Rebuild is just an excuse for inability to manage.
Can it leads to a cup though? We have been there and we have done that.

Boston still got Pasternak and McAvoy. Top 10 forward and top 10 defense. Anyone who thought Boston would implode this year doesn't know much about hockey imo.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We also passed on: Morgan Reilly, Lindholm, Dumba, Trouba, Grigorenko, Faksa, Vasilevski, Helleybuck, Hertl,...etc, other teams may have passed on Forsberg, not many, but most other teams chose wisely. Still, we could have had Forsberg, just saying
Our drafting under Timmins for quite some time was.......................iffy real iffy at times.

Watch to see if anyone gets held out of the lineup............vs Preds or Canes............
This place will go nuts then boys!!

Reactions: Conflicted Habs fan

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Our drafting under Timmins for quite some time was.......................iffy real iffy at times.

Watch to see if anyone gets held out of the lineup............vs Preds or Canes............
This place will go nuts then boys!!
Haha... Imagine if the sat Caufield wo an explanation? HF needs to bring extra hamsters just for the next week or so.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Can it leads to a cup though? We have been there and we have done that.

Boston still got Pasternak and McAvoy. Top 10 forward and top 10 defense. Anyone who thought Boston would implode this year doesn't know much about hockey imo.
And they have no chance at a Cup.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
The Oilers and Jackets would take Forsberg before us.

Chucky is still 5th in points from that draft.

Timmins most brutal picks; Leblanc and Fischer over Kreider/Giroux.

Cody Glass is no longer a bust? Lol

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Big Mac is back!

Yes that's the 15-16 Habs when Mike Condon played 55 games did you erase it from your memory?

I was actually at this game live lol
The 3 takeaways were, damn did we get embarrassed I thought,
Johnny Hockey was by far the best player on the ice, and one of the most alented I ever saw live (but now he's Columbus problem lol, those guys don't last in their 30's)
And obviously the first McCarron goal
Who I had such high hopes for :laugh:

Reactions: Team_Spirit

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Ridiculous. He hasn't been great but is still better than half the goalies in the NHL.
E_cySZnWYAA9WxG.jpg

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
The guy is 53rd in save % for goalies with at least 15 games. He stinks and his contract is horrendous. He's a below average backup getting paid premium backup money. Nobody wants him or else he'd be gone a while ago.
He is playing on a bad team. There are backups on very good teams that are absolute crap. He would be an improvement in Ottawa. Forsberg is absolute trash. He is better than Daws in New Jersey. He would not be a big improvement and not worth much in a trade but he would be an improvement. I don't think this season with few starts is representative of what he can do.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He is playing on a bad team. There are backups on very good teams that are absolute crap. He would be an improvement in Ottawa. Forsberg is absolute trash. He is better than Daws in New Jersey. He would not be a big improvement and not worth much in a trade but he would be an improvement. I don't think this season with few starts is representative of what he can do.
Yet the other two goalies on the same team have been considerably better. Ottawa is a very good team? They are worse than us at the moment. The Devils had Daws as their 3rd goalie, Allen wouldn't be a backup for them when healthy. Allen would be gone if he was simply "not worth much", the guy has negative value. Management made it clear that this 3 goalie rotation is not ideal for them but they are stuck with it since Allen's contract sucks and his play is that of a below average backup. Sure he could do better next year, but he hasn't been good for a very long time so that's most likely wishful thinking.

Again, if a team thought he'd be a valuable upgrade over their backup, they would have made a trade for him. The fact that he's compared to bad backups that teams are trying to get an upgrade on should tell you that he sucks.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Showcasing can't be more obvious

problem is: he'll allow 3 goals first 5 minutes
I don't even understand this showcasing argument. Even if he gets like a 50 save shutout, you think teams will say "well he's been complete dog shit all year but had a great game against the Preds, let's trade for him"? On the slight chance a team is interested in him at 50%, Hughes isn't going to waste a retention slot for two seasons to get a mid round pick.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Yet the other two goalies on the same team have been considerably better. Ottawa is a very good team? They are worse than us at the moment. The Devils had Daws as their 3rd goalie, Allen wouldn't be a backup for them when healthy. Allen would be gone if he was simply "not worth much", the guy has negative value. Management made it clear that this 3 goalie rotation is not ideal for them but they are stuck with it since Allen's contract sucks and his play is that of a below average backup. Sure he could do better next year, but he hasn't been good for a very long time so that's most likely wishful thinking.

Again, if a team thought he'd be a valuable upgrade over their backup, they would have made a trade for him. The fact that he's compared to bad backups that teams are trying to get an upgrade on should tell you that he sucks.
It tells me that he makes too much to acquire without retention and Habs are not going to retain. So it would require the other team to have a cap dump with the right contract.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It tells me that he makes too much to acquire without retention and Habs are not going to retain. So it would require the other team to have a cap dump with the right contract.

I think Montreal will retain on Allen, but not til July 1st when Edmundson's retainment is done.

We only have one retainment spot left. I'm not sure they want to use it on Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia