OT: Montreal Impact Thread: One step forward 2 steps backward edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I told you , Toledo game = Red Card somewhere and it had to be against the guy nobody heard of. Great first impression.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Shoutout to the honesty of Filosa and Marcuzzi on the radio, when the impact are playing like trash, they let people know and don't hold back aaat all

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Shoutout to the honesty of Filosa and Marcuzzi on the radio, when the impact are playing like trash, they let people know and don't hold back aaat all

They haven't been trash tonight. Given the circumstances and the number of players missing we had an ok game. The red card killed us. Cabrera was a monster. Mancosu still invisible and Donadel out of form.

Biello again showing poor game management. He started with Romero and Donadel knowing that both will not be able to play the whole game.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
They haven't been trash tonight. Given the circumstances and the number of players missing we had an ok game. The red card killed us. Cabrera was a monster. Mancosu still invisible and Donadel out of form.

Biello again showing poor game management. He started with Romero and Donadel knowing that both will not be able to play the whole game.

eeeeh, couple of players played like dirt

Mancosu was Mancosu
Donadel was pretty bad
Camara spent the first half trying to pass the ball to someone in section 127
Bernier was meh

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

You resume my thoughts exactly. The Bernardello sub is mind-boggling. Yes Donadel is gassed out, but put a guy that can score out there. Ballou should have started the game, but the team loves Romero for what he has done in the past and is probably still mad at the kid for foxing practices and wanting out.

Hopefully this put the nail in the coffin for Mancosu's chances to start when AJH is available. He was a ****ing ghost. I don't think Oduro nor Salazar could have done worse than him.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Mancosu deserves to be sent home back to Italy. This guy is atrocious beyond belief. As long as he's this week, he'll never end his eternal slump. All he does is quit! Aerial balls, runs, back to the net.. everything.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

So based on highlights, newbie in his first game , almost scored an own goal and got red carded.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Boldor and Cabrera were awesome together. Highlights are his onlyn2 lownooints of the match. That red card was hella B.S as well.

Yeah the highlights doesn't do Boldor justice.

And I've seen replays of the tackle on Basti in various angles, and I can definitely say it's a yellow card. A red card is applicable but very severe. Hard to contest. If this was a derby I bet Boldor would've gotten away with a yellow.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I chose to watch Les Rouges vs The Raggae Boyz and I'm glad I did.

I mentioned during the Gold Cup that Anthony Jackson Hamel will be a star and someone retorted that he's only a super sub. Well, you'd think otherwise if you saw last night's game. He scored on a beautiful play by Hoilett and made a smart sneaky back heel pass on Osorio's goal. I prefer Hamel to Kyle Larin who freezes up when presented with scoring opportunities.

The three stars of the game were Junior Hoilett, Anthony Jackson Hamel (despite the fact he played only the first half) and Samuel Piette.

And for once in my life I can say that the MNT team is a good team and gonna get better. I love their skill and attacking instincts.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I mentioned during the Gold Cup that Anthony Jackson Hamel will be a star and someone retorted that he's only a super sub. Well, you'd think otherwise if you saw last night's game. He scored on a beautiful play by Hoilett and made a smart sneaky back heel pass on Osorio's goal. I prefer Hamel to Kyle Larin who freezes up when presented with scoring opportunities.

The three stars of the game were Junior Hoilett, Anthony Jackson Hamel (despite the fact he played only the first half) and Samuel Piette.

And for once in my life I can say that the MNT team is a good team and gonna get better. I love their skill and attacking instincts.

I think they are doing a smart move by going with a youth movement. This is surely all aimed at making Canada a competitive team in time for the 2026 World Cup that Canada/US/Mexico are bidding for, with a lot of the current roster 25 or younger. This looks like they could be the best men's national squad ever for Canada that can aspire to Gold Cup runs and World Cup qualifications.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I think they are doing a smart move by going with a youth movement. This is surely all aimed at making Canada a competitive team in time for the 2026 World Cup that Canada/US/Mexico are bidding for, with a lot of the current roster 25 or younger. This looks like they could be the best men's national squad ever for Canada that can aspire to Gold Cup runs and World Cup qualifications.

2026 is nine years off. Most of the players on this team will probably not be there or not in the starting 11. I think with these players they're aiming for 2022.

I love the coach. My instincts tell me he may turn out to a John Herdman. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if next year at this time Canada isn't hovering around the 50-60 spot on the FIFA rankings

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Now imagine if Ballou decided to play for Canada. :naughty:

Yeah the highlights doesn't do Boldor justice.

And I've seen replays of the tackle on Basti in various angles, and I can definitely say it's a yellow card. A red card is applicable but very severe. Hard to contest. If this was a derby I bet Boldor would've gotten away with a yellow.

If that tackle was on any other Fire player than Schweinsteigger (besides the goalie of course), that was a yellow. Legendary players get a special treatment in the MLS. It was the same for us when we had Drogba or Nesta. You couldn't tackle these guys as hard as the other players.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
We really could have used Dzemaili's bridging skills yesterday, the defense was moving the ball well but we couldn't get the mid fields involved much. Louis isn't quite there yet as a table setter .

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Dude let's calm down, I mean AJH is for sure better than Mancosu at this point but calling a star (or future star)? That's reaching. Dude can barely play 90 minutes and usually scores when opposing teams have tired defenders. Larin is 2 years younger with 40 more goals. Let's give him a full season as a starter and then we'll see if you were right, but at his age i doubt it, he might be a good MLS/Championship player tho.

It's a good thing Hoilett plays with this team, he's clearly a difference maker, I just hope he finds a better gig.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Dude let's calm down, I mean AJH is for sure better than Mancosu at this point but calling a star (or future star)? That's reaching. Dude can barely play 90 minutes and usually scores when opposing teams have tired defenders. Larin is 2 years younger with 40 more goals. Let's give him a full season as a starter and then we'll see if you were right, but at his age i doubt it, he might be a good MLS/Championship player tho.

It's a good thing Hoilett plays with this team, he's clearly a difference maker, I just hope he finds a better gig.

What if Hoilett would play in MLS/Montreal? We are missing someone on the RW

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
What if Hoilett would play in MLS/Montreal? We are missing someone on the RW

That's exactly what I suggested a few months ago, if he comes to MLS I see him in Vancouver or in Montreal. He made Canada look decent at the GC.

And as you said we're missing someone on the RW for years now... Someone should pitch the idea to FO even if its just a loan. I bet his current team wont ask for much in January unless he becomes their star but he'll require a DP spot surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad