OT: Montreal Impact Thread: One step forward 2 steps backward edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Fun fact:

Molson purchased the habs for 500 million CAD back in 2009. Adjusted to 569 million in 2017 according to inflationcalculator.ca

PSG purchased 2 players (Neymar + Mbappe) for 402 million euros (585 million CAD)

So two soccer players were purchased for a higher price than the most storied hockey franchise ever

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
That's on them, not Orlando FC.

Of course it's on them, I'm just cumulating their ****** FO, their slump, (they have won like 2 games since April), overpaying for Dwyer, MLS v.1 coach and now having their players arrested.

Should've probably specified...
Fun fact:

Molson purchased the habs for 500 million CAD back in 2009. Adjusted to 569 million in 2017 according to inflationcalculator.ca

PSG purchased 2 players (Neymar + Mbappe) for 402 million euros (585 million CAD)

So two soccer players were purchased for a higher price than the most storied hockey franchise ever

It's always been known internationally hockey is no match to soccer and will never be.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
It's always been known internationally hockey is no match to soccer and will never be.

I even think my statement can be applied to 80%+ world sports franchises

It just shows how top soccer is light years ahead to any other sport financially speaking

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
I even think my statement can be applied to 80%+ world sports franchises

It just shows how top soccer is light years ahead to any other sport financially speaking

Yep, Europeen soccer is bigger than EVERYTHING, wich is normal, what else new did you wanted to tell us there?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Of course it's on them, I'm just cumulating their ****** FO, their slump, (they have won like 2 games since April), overpaying for Dwyer, MLS v.1 coach and now having their players arrested.

Should've probably specified...

Well, you are right, but PSG is an outlier. A dirty, moral-less, piece of **** outlier.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010

There was actually a small rumor before he joined NE. Would've been such a perfect fit. Also note that it's an older shirt, he definitely has been having it for a while

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
KK would fit well next season if Piatti stays. I tried defending Mancosu over the last month but I'm fed up. That said, I don't consider AJH any better as a starter

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Fun fact:

Another mindblower: the cost to build Red Bull Arena (probably the nicest stadium in MLS) was $240 Million. For the cost of 2 players you could've built RBA twice and had tens of millions left over. Using the current $100 million fee benchmark you could buy FIVE MLS expansion teams and have plenty left over.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Before the game, Mtl has 21% of making the playoffs while NE has 14%. Now, if you let Kamara, Nguyen and other NE scrubs score stupid goals, believe me these percentages will change sides. Now I'm gonna miss this game in hopes Kamara doesn't score a consecutive hattrick.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
More than 12 hours of football for me today.

Liverpool vs Man City
Chelsea vs Leicester
Juve vs Chievo
In parallel Man utd vs Stoke
Barcelona vs Espanyol
TFC vs SJ now
Then Impact vs NE

Must say the gap was steep between Barca and MLS although TFC are really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad