OT: Montreal getting a new /old ball park for $750 Million maybe 1 Billion

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The Big O keeps on BIG OWING ...can anyone see this project over running
and hitting around a billion dollars? lol...Goona replace the concrete ring in the roof now...
so a new roof for $750 million -1 billion...lol might as well go all the way ....make it all brand new

Engineers discovered that there will have to be major changes to the structure before a new roof can be installed, which will involve replacing a massive 450-metre concrete ring along the roofline of the stadium.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Under "Why you should finish something properly instead of cheapen out" in the dictionary there should be a picture of the Olympic Stadium. After this we will have invested what like 10 times the amount it would have cost to finish this properly back in the day just to put some ugly canvas as roof every 15 years.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
We must be one of the only cities in the developed world of this size and this kind of population to not have a functioning stadium.

Reactions: Pickles

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
According to this article in french, around 900M

Thats a big bill. I know it cost around 750 Mil to put a retractable roof and other upgrades on bc place around 12 years ago. Today, that could be worth maybe a billion for argument's sake.

So I would bite the bullet and just tear it down. One time cost of a billion, rather than constantly fixing the roof. What value does the big O provide to the city anyways? There's no major tenant anymore, right?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
They've tried to develop right around it. There's the nice Vans skatepark. They also use it for kids attraction, there's the pool, etc., but yeah it's largely a dump.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I NEVER want to even hear about spending a single dollar on anything baseball in MTL.
Have I made that clear enough????
I am 72, yes I went to tons of expo games. then came the expo years of having the best expo players leave every year. some times 2 some times 5 per year. Causing the team to lose 80% of the games each year. All this because the MLB has no salery cap like hockey.
every year the BIG American teams would just out bid EVERYONE EVERY YEAR.
then when the expos complaind to the MLB the expose were promised " dont worry just keep buys all the tickets we are just about to fix ALL THE PROBLEMS to make it ALL EQUAL for EVERYONE. SO for about 4-5 years we all still bought the tickets, but then everyone STOPPED. We were just lied too every year. Expos could not continue so bye bye expos.
Now just to PROVE all my points. how long ago was the expos last game? 2004, so has the MLB fixed the problem by NOW, 19 years and counting, it was ALL LIES LIES LIES and continue to be LIES LIES LIES. Change MLB and do it for at lease 5 years before I might believe MLB again. You took my money with only a 20% chance we win the game, You lied to us all just to sell tickets to make money for you. So just like my 2 x-wifes, " there is the door and dont let it smash your backside on the way OUT and DON"T COME BACK

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
it's still an architecturally interesting area and the village buildings are in use and converted to condos; saputo stadium is also there, but let's face it, they shouldn't be pouring any more money into that place.
No more pro stadiums should be built or renovated that far from downtown montreal.
I don't care if it's near a subway, there's no walkup traffic like downtown or near the peel basin and it's too residential

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Tear it down and build something for families/local residents at that location.

Build a new outdoor stadium with a modern functionable retractable roof at the Peel Bassin (does not have to be for Baseball) could be for soccer/football.

Reactions: Pickles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad