Claimed off Waivers: Montreal claims Antti Niemi

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Look at the bright side . . .

1) His frequent flyer miles and Amex rewards points are piling up
2) He hasn't stayed in one place long enough to sign a lease
3) There must be a lot of GM's in this league that owed him a favor
4) He could have cheated on his spouse in 3 time zones in one month and likely not get caught

Reactions: llamateizer

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Plays Saturday night against the Leafs and shuts them out. I'd have a better chance of winning the lottery than this actually happening but it would be funny as hell if he did after reading your post. :)

We have a habit of making backups/third stringers look like Vezina candidates so... who knows, lol.

Reactions: sheed36

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Did Niemi ever even get into a game for Florida?

I'm pretty glad the Leafs added the depth in Pickard after seeing some of these teams like Montreal, Vegas and Florida struggle with goalie injuries. Just never know.
I was thinking the same thing when I that the Habs picked him up. As bad as a goalie situation can be, just be happy that you won't have to possibly play Niemi.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
It definitely wont happen, simply because Montreal isn't bad enough to get that lucky, but if this season ends with:

1) Dahlin; and/or
2) a better GM.

Most Habs fans will be pretty damn happy.

You could've stopped at "If this season ends." and skipped right to the last part.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
Thought Vegas was for sure going to claim him, I see him getting claimed by the next team that needs a goalie.

They may have tried to, but the Habs have a worse record (Waiver order changes according to standings starting Nov 1st) therefore I believe they are ahead of Vegas since VGK have a better recird. So the Habs WON THE SWEEPSTAKES WOOHOO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad