GDT: Montreal at Florida 12/29/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
The sweatshirt Barkov was wearing is the player of the game thing...replaces the West Point jacket

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
We are too far away form the trade deadline to really speculate with any reasonableness but if we're on a 100/100+ point pace and with the amount of parity in the league, the time could be now to make a move. Look at Tampa. They're on the outside of the playoff race after making it to the finals and now they might lose Stamkos and miss the playoffs. Most assumed they'd be a lock and a favorite to win the division. You can't bank on the future.

Well that's why Tallon is trying to lock up Barkov for 8 years. He has said over and over that we need to keep room to lock up our young core, that's why he didn't spend in free agency in the summer. It's Tampa s fault they didn't lock up Stamkos when they had the chance. Look at LA and Chicago, yes it is definitely possible to keep a winning team together for a long time and hold onto your key players.

I'm not opposed to making a move, but I agree with Tallon that it has to be a young player. Otherwise I'm not on board with giving up that much for a 30 something guy this season.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Well that's why Tallon is trying to lock up Barkov for 8 years. He has said over and over that we need to keep room to lock up our young core, that's why he didn't spend in free agency in the summer. It's Tampa s fault they didn't lock up Stamps when they had the chance. Look at LA and Chicago, yes it is definitely possible to keep a winning team together for a long time and hold onto your key players.

I'm not opposed to making a move, but I agree with Tallon that it has to be a young player. Otherwise I'm not on board with giving up that much for a 30 something guy this season.

First plus prospect is ok imo. Not an overpayment.

If Tallon can get him below 6, you do it.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
@GeorgeRichards

When Barkov asked about #SpaceyInSpace sweatshirt he said 'honestly, I have no idea what it means.' #FlaPanthers

:laugh:

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Too far away to worry about trade deadline and adding for a playoff run yet... just a month ago some of u wanted the coach fired and now u wanna trade assets for a playoff run... most of these guys don't have a so gle game of postseason experience yet... I say just enjoy the way they r playing now.. it's great hockey... barkov is finding his stride and starting to turn some heads... that was a fun game to watch and pretty intense but nothing compared to playoffs.... great win!!!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
WTF is all the Byf talk??? Is there a credible rumor or something????

Byfuglien becomes a Panther, I drop whatever the **** and get my red customized immediately.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
WTF is all the Byf talk??? Is there a credible rumor or something????

Byfuglien becomes a Panther, I drop whatever the **** and get my red customized immediately.

Well, the only credible rumor is Peg is close to letting some assets go. For sure one of Ladd or Buff.

To be honest, either one in Florida takes us over the top

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Too far away to worry about trade deadline and adding for a playoff run yet... just a month ago some of u wanted the coach fired and now u wanna trade assets for a playoff run... most of these guys don't have a so gle game of postseason experience yet... I say just enjoy the way they r playing now.. it's great hockey... barkov is finding his stride and starting to turn some heads... that was a fun game to watch and pretty intense but nothing compared to playoffs.... great win!!!

Then the reality check lol

I dont want to mess with the chemistry right now.

Where's Nicky goin and for who?

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Panthers fans be like...

c56b69c0-1f31-0132-08ab-0eae5eefacd9.gif

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Mack drops to fourth line center, bumping Knight back down to the AHL ,and Bjugstad takes over his spot, imo.

I hope not. Actually having Nicky on the "4th" line with those two sounds pretty damn great to me. Talk about balance and depth! Best damn 4th line Id ever heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad